Best "Trash Talking gone wrong" games?

BobbySanchez

47 minutes ago, Reb72 said:

can't remember the year but Fontainebleau caught West Monroe in the playoffs for their 1st ever meeting between the 2 schools.  Fontainebleau came into Rebel Stadium and stretched a huge banner across the visitor's side that said "Rebs are Overrated"...  didn't sit well with the fans nor the team, think we hung 63 points on them and the team went over after the game and helped them remove the banner  😎

2nd one I can remember is Rummel vs West Monroe in the State Championship.  Roth did a good bit of trash talking before the game and I remember arriving at the dome with my WM garb on and walking past a group of Raider tailgaters and some asked "are ya'll any good?  You better be cause we (Rummel) are!"  I just kept walking and said "think we'll be OK"  😉

WM 35  Rummel 0

Was this the 2004 Semifinals?:

West Monroe 49 Fountainbleu 17 

44 minutes ago, 94Packer said:

Had a co worker from Lake City FL tell me just this morning that Columbia is going to annihilate Colquitt this Friday..... sure hope he was his words this weekend @Rufus69  @HawgGoneIt @Columbiafan  

You coming to the game

If so I'll be more than happy to meet up before the game and talk football

2011 Grayson vs Brookwood.  Brookwood was defending state champs.  Over 11,000 in the stadium that night.

This came out the week before.  You will note it has a little under 900,000 views.  I knew some of the kids involved as they were friends with my daughter.  They were some great kids.  I think I saw it when it had something like 35 views.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2019 at 4:04 PM, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

@DevilDog, has got the story for the ages... the kind that warms my heart to this day. 

I’m gonna let @DevilDog, tell it. 

SLC versus a Florida team. 

Dont ruin it, let Devil Dog narrate the epic story. 

Regards,

BGW

Someone from Texas made a comment to us about the fans from that game at DLS/ET.  For some reason, he seemed surprised that we cheered on the Spartans like normal fans.

• Thanks 1

On 8/10/2019 at 2:54 PM, Slotback Right said:

Here's an oldie. 1988 CIF Division 1 Quarterfinals. The Servite Friars (with superstar RB Derek Brown -- New Orleans Saints), vs.the Crespi Celts (with superstar RB Russell White). Second meeting of the year between these two, with Servite winning the first 35-20.

These two teams had also met the previous season in the CIF quarterfinals with Crespi triumphing 45-38.

This season, 1988, in the week before this quarterfinal battle, Russell White was quoted in San Fernando Valley newpapers as saying that HE was the state's number 1 back, not Servite's Derek Brown. And he said he "would prove it when the Celts ousted Servite -- like last season." 

It didn't quite happen that way. White did rush for 162 yards and three TDs, but it wasn't enough to counter Derek Brown and the Friars who came away with a 41-21 victory. 

To add insult to injury, in the last minute of the game, White needed 21 yards to hit 6,000 yards in his career. He finished with 5,998.

Did Derek Brown rush for 200 yards and 4 TDs?

22 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

I am not sure about the 1988 Playoff game, but I was at the Game in 1987 that Crespi won 45-38.... In that game Both Brown and White went for 200+ yards and Brown had 4 TD and White had 3 TD....

It was just an awesome game, those 2 dudes were so special!.... This game and 1998 MD vs DLS are the best HSFB games I have ever attended!.... :) 

4 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

I am not sure about the 1988 Playoff game, but I was at the Game in 1987 that Crespi won 45-38.... In that game Both Brown and White went for 200+ yards and Brown had 4 TD and White had 3 TD....

It was just an awesome game, those 2 dudes were so special!.... This game and 1998 MD vs DLS are the best HSFB games I have ever attended!.... :) 

The point is that White's comments were about which RB was better, not which team.  162 yards and 3 TDs are pretty good numbers.  He still could have had the much better game in the loss.

7 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

The point is that White's comments were about which RB was better, not which team.  162 yards and 3 TDs are pretty good numbers.  He still could have had the much better game in the loss.

I had to go look it up!...🤣🤣

White out gained Brown 162 to 130 in that game Brown also had a KO return for a TD.... White also out-gained Brown Like 260 to 212 the year before... 

They played a 3rd time (Regualr Season), But I couldn’t find info on that....

I don’t know if that tells us who was better, having grown up in that ERA and played against Derek Brown in JAAF Football, I am partial to go with him.... 

Both those Dudes were Special and Awesome to watch!!!..... Some great Football those years!!!!...🙂

6 hours ago, Cal 14 said:

No, White carried 32 times for 159 yards, and 3 TDs. That's 5.0 yards per carry.

Brown gained 130 yards on only 14 carries for 1 TD. That's 9.3 yards per carry.

+ Brown had another TD on the Kick Off return The OC89 mentioned above.

And White's comments were about the duel with Brown, and about Crespi ousting Servite again in '88,  like they did in '87.

Didn't happen...41-21 Servite. 

1 hour ago, THEOC89 said:

I had to go look it up!...🤣🤣

White out gained Brown 162 to 130 in that game Brown also had a KO return for a TD.... White also out-gained Brown Like 260 to 212 the year before... 

They played a 3rd time (Regualr Season), But I couldn’t find info on that....

I don’t know if that tells us who was better, having grown up in that ERA and played against Derek Brown in JAAF Football, I am partial to go with him.... 

Both those Dudes were Special and Awesome to watch!!!..... Some great Football those years!!!!...🙂

The earlier non-league game between those two was embarrassing to White. He was held to 80 yards on 17 carries as the Friars won 35-20. Not sure how many TDs White had.

Servite's Brown had 312 yards on 37 carries and 2 TDs.

In the three games Brown outgained White 655-507.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Slotback Right said:

The earlier non-league game between those two was embarrassing to White. He was held to 80 yards on 17 carries as the Friars won 35-20. Not sure how many TDs White had.

Servite's Brown had 312 yards on 37 carries and 2 TDs.

In the three games Brown outgained White 655-507.

Thanks for the info on that game!... I thought there was a game where Brown went over 300 yards against Crespi those years!!!... I remember him always doing well against White.... One of My buddies played Guard for Servite back then so I followed them closely.... 

White also had a Bad game against Loyola where they shut him down when they had Matt Butkis (Dick Butkis's Kid) at Linebacker... 

I don't remember Brown being shut down by anyone, but he could have had a bad game or 2... That was a long time ago so my memory might not be the best... :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

Thanks for the info on that game!... I thought there was a game where Brown went over 300 yards against Crespi those years!!!... I remember him always doing well against White.... One of My buddies played Guard for Servite back then so I followed them closely.... 

White also had a Bad game against Loyola where they shut him down when they had Matt Butkis (Dick Butkis's Kid) at Linebacker... 

I don't remember Brown being shut down by anyone, but he could have had a bad game or 2... That was a long time ago so my memory might not be the best... :) 

Servite lost 10 games during Brown's three years on varsity (25-10-1) so I imagine some teams must have held him down.

One team that I know didn't stop Brown was Mater Dei. In the three wins over Mater Dei, Brown ran for 697 yards and 10 TDs, plus a 96 yard kick off return.

Those three wins gave Servite its first and only lead in the series against Mater Dei, at 14 wins 13 losses and 1 tie.

Brown ended up with 4793 yards in his career which, (at that time) put him in second place all time in Orange County history, and his 2304 yards in 1988 knocked Edison's Kerwin Bell out of the top spot for the single season Orange County rushing record (at the time). His 334 yards rushing against Mater Dei in 1986 was (at that time) the third highest single game rushing total in Orange County history. 

• Like 1