Best "Trash Talking gone wrong" games?

BobbySanchez

2015 Long Beach Poly vs Narbone.

Poly lost 52-13 to BG and then Narbonne was undefeated at the time had all these preseason rankings but honestly they always play bad teams so they're sort of like a paper tiger and they posted memes, videos, callouts, the whole team was filmed laughing at Poly's fumbles in the game. This was one of Narbonnes most loaded teams in school history apparently.

Then Poly won 13-12 in their home! LOL

2015 Colquitt County at Lee County

Lee County fans were pretty skippy and froggy leading up to the game with Colquitt County as they(Lee) had ran a very easy schedule to that point undefeated and were really racking up the points. 

The week prior to Colquitt going to Lee, Lee rolled on Worth County, a 3A school and Colquitt's neighbor. Somewhere there is a video clip of the Lee fans chanting "We Want Colquitt" for a good few minutes following the win over Worth. 

Colquitt eased over to Lee County all nice and slow on low rider yeller buses in no particular hurry. Got off the buses in an orderly and pretty quiet fashion all business-like and commenced to putting a good ol' country ass whipping on Lee 54-17 as the Colquitt fans chanted "We Want Colquitt" all sarcastic like and all as the Lee fans filed out of their stadium en masse.

2018 Colquitt County at Tift County

This one had been a season in the making. Just normal ol' Region 1 type stuff. 

In 2017, there was a good bit of strangeness at the Hawg Pen between the two teams, and eventually Tift came out the victor in a hard faught game with the final score of 38-35. A Tift player runs out onto the field with the big flag that has the Tift logo on it and stabs it into the big Hawg in the middle of Tom White Field.

I shouldn't have to say that was a major error as the next meeting was at Tift's Brodie Field in 2018 and just like the Lee County game I mentioned in a previous post...

Colquitt County football rolls up to Tifton in low rider yeller buses, gets off the buses all business like and orderly marches onto the field. 

Tift allows their players to run onto the field for warm ups charging at the Colquitt kids warming up on the opposite side of the field. Almost looked like the game was going to be decided before the first whistle...

Colquitt comes away with a 45-7 victory. Were also smart enough to not plant a flag in the big T in the center of the field after.

These types of back and forths between fans and teams are pretty standard fare for region 1 football.

11 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

2015 Colquitt County at Lee County

Lee County fans were pretty skippy and froggy leading up to the game with Colquitt County as they(Lee) had ran a very easy schedule to that point undefeated and were really racking up the points. 

The week prior to Colquitt going to Lee, Lee rolled on Worth County, a 3A school and Colquitt's neighbor. Somewhere there is a video clip of the Lee fans chanting "We Want Colquitt" for a good few minutes following the win over Worth. 

Colquitt eased over to Lee County all nice and slow on low rider yeller buses in no particular hurry. Got off the buses in an orderly and pretty quiet fashion all business-like and commenced to putting a good ol' country ass whipping on Lee 54-17 as the Colquitt fans chanted "We Want Colquitt" all sarcastic like and all.

You forgot to mention...The Fight....LOL.

Of all people he could pick on...their chain gang guy THOUGHT he wanted to jump on Coach Sutton.

The same Coach Sutton....Colquitt's Strength & Conditioning coach.

Yes...Lee County.  Gotta lov'em.

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BobbySanchez said:

2015 Long Beach Poly vs Narbone.

Poly lost 52-13 to BG and then Narbonne was undefeated at the time had all these preseason rankings but honestly they always play bad teams so they're sort of like a paper tiger and they posted memes, videos, callouts, the whole team was filmed laughing at Poly's fumbles in the game. This was one of Narbonnes most loaded teams in school history apparently.

Then Poly won 13-12 in their home! LOL

St joes vs Boonton  in lacrosse, they were killing us the past few years then my senior year they showed up wearing eye black all over their faces , like silly designs and pictures drawn on their face with the eye black,

couple of the kids did curly mustaches and a goatee with the eye black(that was funny)

but ya they thought they were gonna smack us around and got a rude awakening.. long ride home with that stupid eyeblack all over their face  

11 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Wasn't necessarily trash talking. But Back when Coffee was in region 1 they sent Camden a casket and some flowers...  

Camden promptly beat Coffee's ass to the tune of 44-7... 

Camden after the game gave them the casket and flowers back... 

@GardenStateBaller we’re you there when Bosco kids called an ambulance 🚑 to the PC game..pretty sure they got in trouble for that

Ridgewood hs nj 1972 NNJIL champs vs North Bergen hs nj 1972 coaches/newspaper #1 team in state.1st game in 1973 at NB.I'm RHS & walking to the field we were  treated with preppies,moma's boys,fags,pussies...& that was from the adult fans.

Their linemen pitched dirt in our linemens eyes & were chewing on garlic cloves blowing into faces.The sports news pick NB to win 35 - 14.We almost reversed it.28 - 12.F'n Italians!We pretty much had to punch our way to the bus after hand shakes.

• Haha 1

Here's an oldie. 1988 CIF Division 1 Quarterfinals. The Servite Friars (with superstar RB Derek Brown -- New Orleans Saints), vs.the Crespi Celts (with superstar RB Russell White). Second meeting of the year between these two, with Servite winning the first 35-20.

These two teams had also met the previous season in the CIF quarterfinals with Crespi triumphing 45-38.

This season, 1988, in the week before this quarterfinal battle, Russell White was quoted in San Fernando Valley newpapers as saying that HE was the state's number 1 back, not Servite's Derek Brown. And he said he "would prove it when the Celts ousted Servite -- like last season." 

It didn't quite happen that way. White did rush for 162 yards and three TDs, but it wasn't enough to counter Derek Brown and the Friars who came away with a 41-21 victory. 

To add insult to injury, in the last minute of the game, White needed 21 yards to hit 6,000 yards in his career. He finished with 5,998.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

@GardenStateBaller we’re you there when Bosco kids called an ambulance 🚑 to the PC game..pretty sure they got in trouble for that

70's game vs Teaneck NJ.I was playing & one of my sisters was cheer leading & the parking lot was packed.My parents really wanted to get to the field.Some asshole put out lawn furniture so you couldn't park in front of his house.So my father threw the shit on his lawn parked (1972 Coup Devile Cadi) & they went to the game.When they returned the guy poured some goopy shit on his windshield that was tough to clean off.The following Tuesday at 11:30 am the douche bag had 1,600 cinder blocks dropped off on his front lawn.God I miss my dad.RIP.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

You forgot to mention...The Fight....LOL.

Of all people he could pick on...their chain gang guy THOUGHT he wanted to jump on Coach Sutton.

The same Coach Sutton....Colquitt's Strength & Conditioning coach.

Yes...Lee County.  Gotta lov'em.

Rufus>>

Isn't that on YouTube still?

can't remember the year but Fontainebleau caught West Monroe in the playoffs for their 1st ever meeting between the 2 schools.  Fontainebleau came into Rebel Stadium and stretched a huge banner across the visitor's side that said "Rebs are Overrated"...  didn't sit well with the fans nor the team, think we hung 63 points on them and the team went over after the game and helped them remove the banner  😎

2nd one I can remember is Rummel vs West Monroe in the State Championship.  Roth did a good bit of trash talking before the game and I remember arriving at the dome with my WM garb on and walking past a group of Raider tailgaters and some asked "are ya'll any good?  You better be cause we (Rummel) are!"  I just kept walking and said "think we'll be OK"  😉

WM 35  Rummel 0

39 minutes ago, Reb72 said:

can't remember the year but Fontainebleau caught West Monroe in the playoffs for their 1st ever meeting between the 2 schools.  Fontainebleau came into Rebel Stadium and stretched a huge banner across the visitor's side that said "Rebs are Overrated"...  didn't sit well with the fans nor the team, think we hung 63 points on them and the team went over after the game and helped them remove the banner  😎

2nd one I can remember is Rummel vs West Monroe in the State Championship.  Roth did a good bit of trash talking before the game and I remember arriving at the dome with my WM garb on and walking past a group of Raider tailgaters and some asked "are ya'll any good?  You better be cause we (Rummel) are!"  I just kept walking and said "think we'll be OK"  😉

WM 35  Rummel 0

This one's easy:

2007 Back when I was Louisiana:

Captain Shreve actually beat Byrd for the 1st time in a looooooong time 21-10.  Gator fans rolled out a giant banner basically saying "Yall reign is over."

Fast foward 1 month later...these 2 met in the playoffs and Byrd won 24-21

After the game...Yellowjacket Fans rolled out a giant banner that said "Yall month of reign is OVER!!!"

(Byrd would then lose 27-3 the next week to John Ehret.)

• Haha 1