Return of Bishop Gorman

FootballGuy

59 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Do y'all think we'll ever see Bishop Gorman run the high school football scene like they did from 2014-2016?

What you think? @Las Vegas_JC

Yes... They will be very good this year... They have a lot of talent.... They are a First Class, Top Quality Program that plays a National Schedule.... They will get players and they will be fine....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Yes... They will be very good this year... They have a lot of talent.... They are a First Class, Top Quality Program that plays a National Schedule.... They will get players and they will be fine....

The answer is no.

They wont be anywhere close to the 14-16 level this year.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

So back to back to back national championships are coming for them again?

No, that is not happening.... Top 10 to 15 National Team, Yes, they will be there.... I believe they will beat ST Louis and They will go undefeated this year and be top 10 to 15 ranked by the end of the year....

Last year they were not ranked so when I see “The Return of Bishop Gorman” I am thinking return to the National Top 25....

I don’t worry about Mythical National Championships because they are “Mythical”....🙂

• Like 2

On 8/12/2019 at 7:52 PM, FootballGuy said:

Do y'all think we'll ever see Bishop Gorman run the high school football scene like they did from 2014-2016?

I agree with Humble. BG has lost their pipeline from S. Ca. But with BG being in LAS VEGAS they do have unlimited resources ($) with very deep pockets. So they may be able to entice some OOS talent to come and play at BG. Enough to become #1 again? I don't think so. I think they will always be a very solid program but like many other hs programs their best days are behind them. 

bishop-gorman-locker-room-d7a3f7b2f0e54071.png.2e0ae65648f0446e374bdd9d1125137f.png-aadf57595e9f6ecd.png.679db23066e6f0ecb0e9dbe7efb4d7a4.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The MD and Cen10 AZ losses last season were very telling. 2-5 vs elite OOS teams the last two seasons. If they lose both relevant OOS games this season to SL and Servite, you can stick a fork in ‘m. 

I mean, do you really consider servite to be a relevant oos game? Wouldn't it be Orem (UT) at this point?

19 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The MD and Cen10 AZ losses last season were very telling. 2-5 vs elite OOS teams the last two seasons. If they lose both relevant OOS games this season to SL and Servite, you can stick a fork in ‘m. 

GSB what's your take on Orem giving BG a better game then last year. Orem is playing tonite against Corner Canyon who is ranked 19 nationally in one poll. If Orem gets past C.C. tonite perhaps they give BG a better game next week. Curious why Orem and BG weren't a home and home, both games are at Fertitta field? 

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

@Sammyswordsman is high on Servite. Hence my confidence. 

I am higher on them than last year.  

They should beat JSerra this year, but prolly not The Bishop.

We will see though.  The Bishop seems to be down over their 2011-2016 teams with the exception of the 2012 BG team which was down too.

47 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

exception of the 2012 BG team which was down too.

BG was 13-1 in 2012. Beat OLGC. 

OLGC beat sjr, SJC twice, Dematha. And only lost to Gilman by a point. 

BG beat St. Louis In 12. 

BG beat servite 42-0 in 12. 

This was pre So cal IMG academy days  because MD only beat servite 36-22. 

SJB only beat servite 39-13. 

But BC did beat BG 42-35 in Vegas in 12 which is why you are saying the gaels were down. 

BG would of beat everyone in California in 12..... including DLS who finished 1. 

• Haha 1

On 8/12/2019 at 7:52 PM, FootballGuy said:

Gorman will be fine. There are a lot of talented underclass men fighting for a roster spot. The Fertitta field and training center is still among the best in the west. If not the best. Kids still want to go there to get recognized and recruited. 

Last year they played the second best team in the country in MD. The second best team from CA in Dls. The best team from AZ in Centennial. And a UT state champ. No other school west of the Mississippi sets up a schedule like this. This year they are playing three more reining state champs. 

Gorman set the bar so high that people expect the team to be a national contender every year. And that is not a realistic expectation. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

BG was 13-1 in 2012. Beat OLGC. 

OLGC beat sjr, SJC twice, Dematha. And only lost to Gilman by a point. 

BG beat St. Louis In 12. 

BG beat servite 42-0 in 12. 

This was pre So cal IMG academy days  because MD only beat servite 36-22. 

SJB only beat servite 39-13. 

But BC did beat BG 42-35 in Vegas in 12 which is why you are saying the gaels were down. 

BG would of beat everyone in California in 12..... including DLS who finished 1. 

Lol. Hook. Line. Sinker. 

😂😂😂

4 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Milton has cajones considering that @ECHS05 says they lost all their Juniors and seniors and could be the worst team in Ga state history. 

It does happen. Jefferson High In Tampa went 15-0 in 2011, scheduled St Ed’s from Ohio in 2012, got crushed 52-13 and limped to a 5-6 record. 

Hope it doesn’t happen to Milton. Lol

6 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Milton has cajones considering that @ECHS05 says they lost all their Juniors and seniors and could be the worst team in Ga state history. 

Public schools aren't like privates.... 

We can't lose 14 senior starters then go out and get 8 skill players to "transfer" in and cover our deficiency....

19 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

‘12 wasn’t nearly as good as their ‘10 team that DLS beat going away 

DLS is 2-1 vs BG since ‘10 and ‘12 was one of better DLS teams and worse BG teams 

I don’t get your logic other than your bias 

On 8/14/2019 at 9:26 AM, 1DayPGA said:

I agree with Humble. BG has lost their pipeline from S. Ca.

Just wait until Jason Negro Jr and Bruce Rollinson III enroll at Gorman. 

🤣

But with BG being in LAS VEGAS they do have unlimited resources ($) with very deep pockets. So they may be able to entice some OOS talent to come and play at BG. Enough to become #1 again? I don't think so. I think they will always be a very solid program but like many other hs programs their best days are still ahead of them. 

FIFY

bishop-gorman-locker-room-d7a3f7b2f0e54071.png.2e0ae65648f0446e374bdd9d1125137f.png-aadf57595e9f6ecd.png.679db23066e6f0ecb0e9dbe7efb4d7a4.png

29 minutes ago, Pops said:

‘12 wasn’t nearly as good as their ‘10 team that DLS beat going away 

DLS is 2-1 vs BG since ‘10 and ‘12 was one of better DLS teams and worse BG teams 

I don’t get your logic other than your bias 

BG had 2 losses in 2010 and finished 100th in the country. Clovis West put a bigger beating on Del oro than BG did that season. The BG 10 team wouldn’t beat OLGC in 12..... The game wouldn’t of even been close.... 

BG had better wins in 2012 with our lady good counsel and St. Louis in Hawaii while only losing one game. Not to mention the gaels beat servite on the road in a much more lopsided game than even sjb or MD did.  

DLS In 12 scraped by st Mary’s and beat a CC team that lost to St. Bonaventure. Nothing much to brag about  California was way down that year .... of course this was pre MD and sjb sauced squads.