Who u pulling for Duncanville or St John’s College and who wins ?

Texasball

5 hours ago, Horsefly said:

I hope some of you realize Duncanville played 5 more games than SJC last year.  SJC went 9-1 equivalent to a non playoff team here in TX.  thats some relevant game time for returning players. 

Extra games against weak teams are not that big of a deal...SJC played 8 games against teams that were ranked in the top 100 nationally at some time during the season. Duncanville played 2 or 3 such games.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, WCACguy said:

Extra games against weak teams are not that big of a deal...SJC played 8 games against teams that were ranked in the top 100 nationally at some time during the season. Duncanville played 2 or 3 such games.

I’m not big on national rankings, but according to calpreps SJC played 6 teams inside their top 100 not 8, DV played 3.  All of them towards the end of the season in consecutive weeks. 

In blow outs the extra playing time benefits the backups.  The true core of the team.  Duncanville is returning a ton of those kids 

Texas Privates have done well against theze Private powers.  This just off the top if my head.  So bring it on.  Our Publics are very very good at the top. 

2 - 1 vs JC

1 - 0 vs LaSalle, Oh

1 - 0 vs DLS

1 - 1 vs BG

3 - 0 vs ECA when they existed

0 - 1 vs IMG a 6-6 Desoto team

0 - 1 vs STA

1 - 0 vs Shiloh Christian

1 - 1 vs Bellevue

1 - 0 vs Rockhurst

I won't list all the beatdiwns of ECA, La. 

16 hours ago, Texasball said:

Duncanville and with the W

this game has everything you guys want except good Texas on the road.

both teams highly ranked in the bogus polls w/ rankings favoring SJC 

Private vs Public

both teams loaded with rated players.

Great daisy chain of games to follow.

Duncanville had better win or I will be all over them like I was Grayson. 

Why? Because again, TX is not traveling. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Duncanville had better win or I will be all over them like they were Grayson. 

Why? Because again, TX is not traveling. 

So what if they lose?  Are they playing a perennial scrub?  Hell, this time last year many of you didn’t even know who Duncanville was but yet you want them to travel.  😂 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Not really.  10 of Duncanvilles games were vs Tomato Cans

You don't do well with these Tx vs. Privates.  Let us know how they will be taking a knee against Dville.   Hell you think Mater Dei is faster than Dville.  That alone renders you persona non grata concerning Texas.  But you are comical.  So I expect a team that plays tomato cans to be about tier 4 in your expert tier rankings.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

You don't do well with these Tx vs. Privates.  Let us know how they will be taking a knee against Dville.   Hell you think Mater Dei is faster than Dville.  That alone renders you persona non grata concerning Texas.  But you are comical.  So I expect a team that plays tomato cans to be about tier 4 in your expert tier rankings.  

Dont be so defensive.  I didn't say Duncanville was bad.  I didn't say Duncanville was not going to win.  What I did say was that Duncanville played 10 Tomato Cans last year, same as most Texas D1 powers

26 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Not really.  10 of Duncanvilles games were vs Tomato Cans

Here were their relevant games.  #184 evangel Christian, #245 Arlington Lamar, #65 SLC, #32 Allen and#8 north shore. 4 of these games came in the playoffs in consecutive weeks, the others 10 games were in the reg season and allowed them time to develop other players.  This point can’t be overlooked 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Dont be so defensive.  I didn't say Duncanville was bad.  I didn't say Duncanville was not going to win.  What I did say was that Duncanville played 10 Tomato Cans last year, same as most Texas D1 powers

And you saw how many of those games in person to arrive at this.  I saw Dville 6 times.  Which games were against tomato cans?  By the way SLC was one of them.  Not defensive at all.  I like proof when B.S. is extolled.  A team that plays tomato cans cannot be prepared to play an OOS power.  I don't know much about this Private Power. 

5 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

And you saw how many of those games in person to arrive at this.  I saw Dville 6 times.  Which games were against tomato cans?  By the way SLC was one of them.  Not defensive at all.  I like proof when B.S. is extolled.  A team that plays tomato cans cannot be prepared to play an OOS power.  

Look them up for yourself.  That ship has sailed and I can't devote any more time to this.

10 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Look them up for yourself.  That ship has sailed and I can't devote any more time to this.

I dont have to.  I went and watched them. You're the Tier expert.  I need your expertise.

But if your last 3 games are against SLC, Allen and N.S. and prior to that Houston Lamar.  Yet you think they played a bunch of tomato cans.  They played several teams just beneath that group.   You don't know a thing about Tx HS Football. How many of your tiers played a tougher 4 game stretch or less than 10 tomato cans?

Skyline, ECA, La,  Lancaster and Lewisville were not tomato cans.  That blows up your nonsense.  

5 hours ago, WCACguy said:

Pulling for SJC but not sure they can overcome the two touchdowns they are already down (travel/Texas refs)...I'd guess Duncanville wins a fairly close game (28-20?). 

To my knowledge refs have never been issue involving OOS teams playing in Texas.

The game is too respected here to let that happen.  I am sure the game will be played by UIL rules which equal NCAA rules.  This is something that SJC has surely looked at and will be ready for.

No need to start making excuses at this point.  SJC is well traveled Program having played long distant games the past couple of years - Plus they have played some really high level OOS teams at home (SJB/ Miami Central).  They purposely built the program for games like this and they will be ready to bring it when they arrive at Panther Stadium in Duncanville TX.

At Hoover  AL - won easily 

At Christian Brother MO - won

At De la Salle CA - loss close game.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Private over public in a hard fought game. Can’t wait to visit the great state of Texas on 9/13-15! 

You've probably seen a game there before in all of your travels, but if you've never seen a game in Tehaaaaas, you'll love it. You're in for a treat. I was there for DLS/ET. Nothing like I've ever seen when it comes to HSFB. Went to Allen Fri night and saw a game with 25-30k fans, a band with about 6 million members, a dude skydiving into the stadium, and scoreboard the size of Jersey. The next night DLS/ET in front of about 15K. All of the radio stations talked about HSFB games, times and locations, etc over the weekend. 

Gotta give credit where credit is due. I wish I could go to this game for sure. Have fun and report as ya go!😎

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2