Who u pulling for Duncanville or St John’s College and who wins ?

Texasball

22 hours ago, Texasball said:

Duncanville and with the W

this game has everything you guys want except good Texas on the road.

both teams highly ranked in the bogus polls w/ rankings favoring SJC 

Private vs Public

both teams loaded with rated players.

Great daisy chain of games to follow.

SJC all the way. Because I like them.

On 8/16/2019 at 12:06 PM, Texasball said:

Duncanville held ECA to 163 total yards which included 5 yards rushing.

Duncanville gained 562 total yards which included 331 yards rushing

John Curtis had 391 yards rushing vs Evangel last year.....527 yads total offense and they run the veer

Curtis held Evangel to 56 yards rushing and 225 passing.

I wouldn't use Evangel too much as an example of Duncanville's prowess

That said Duncanville will most likely handle SJC because I don't think those type teams are coached all that well.....St Frances included. 

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

Duncanville beating (13-0, at the time)) SLC 51-7 is probably a better indication of Duncanville's dominance in Texas last year......SLC ended up #8 in TX.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/high-school/football/boxscore/2018/113704

SLC was probably a much better team than Evangel, but who could really tell?

It was Carroll’s worse loss in program history, I believe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedZone said:

John Curtis had 391 yards rushing vs Evangel last year.....527 yads total offense and they run the veer

Curtis held Evangel to 56 yards rushing and 225 passing.

I wouldn't use Evangel too much as an example of Duncanville's prowess

That said Duncanville will most likely handle SJC because I don't think those type teams are coached all that well.....St Frances included. 

I was just pointing out the only OOS game that Duncanville has ever played

9 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Didn’t Pitman die in car wreck?

His brother Cole did.....Cole was part of the 1999 class at Evangel and played at Texas too.

"College life is hard enough without playing football, according to LSU senior defensive end Chase Pittman. Early morning classes and late nights studying all add up sometimes to a mountain of stress. When football is added, things can get "hectic." There are 105 players on LSU's 2006 football team that live the collegiate football player's life, but none have gone down the same road as Pittman. The Minden native was a blue-chip defensive lineman and one of the top recruits in the nation at Evangel Christian Academy before he committed to the University of Texas. Three weeks later, his brother Cole Pittman, also a defensive end for the Longhorns, died in an early morning one-car accident near Franklin, Texas, on Feb. 26, 2001. Cole Pittman was on his way to spring practice in Austin, Texas. "Every 30 minutes; every 10 minutes; all the time," Pittman said. "You think about what he would be doing, how successful he would be." The Pittman family tragedy was a national story during Texas' 2001 season, and in 2004, Marc Pittman, Chase and Cole Pittman's father, wrote a book called "Raising Cole," portraying the life of his eldest son."

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

2001 Evangel Christian was pretty stout......beat State Champ Lufkin in 2001at Lufkin, TX 33-17.

Doesn't include 5* QB John David Booty

bandicam 2019-08-17 20-21-03-525.jpg

bandicam 2019-08-17 20-18-22-188.jpg

bandicam 2019-08-17 20-18-43-805.jpg

bandicam 2019-08-17 20-32-37-677.jpg

Good squad.  But not better than MNW imo.

Yes they beat Lufkin.  But they lost to West Monroe in Shreveport (West Monroe scored 3 TDs in the 1st quarter iirc and won 37-13) and had to comeback from a 20-6 deficit the 2nd time around (Evangel won 34-27).

And I could be wrong but didnt Evangel barely beat Shaw that year?

36 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

Good squad.  But not better than MNW imo.

Yes they beat Lufkin.  But they lost to West Monroe in Shreveport (West Monroe scored 3 TDs in the 1st quarter iirc and won 37-13) and had to comeback from a 20-6 deficit the 2nd time around (Evangel won 34-27).

And I could be wrong but didnt Evangel barely beat Shaw that year?

That MNW team was seriously stacked, but Deerfield Beach just about had MNW whooped in the 6A semifinals....1 yard was all they needed.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl-xpm-2007-12-08-0712080024-story.html

Anyways, more importantly.....gardenball is an idiot. Been around 15 minutes.

@Texasball and @Horsefly @BUFORDGAWOLVES

https://usatodayhss.com/2019/top-matchups-super-25-football-teams

USA has an article on all these big time ranked matchups and you can vote on who you think will win.  70% pick this SJC team to beat D'Ville as well as beating others.  

MATCHUP

No. 5 St.  John’s College (Washington, D.C.) at No. 9 Duncanville (Texas)

When: 9/14

Analysis: Could the winner of this game eventually become the Super 25 National Champion? Like the Mater Dei/St. Frances game on the same day, it’s not unthinkable. St. John’s has an incredibly difficult schedule, facing St. Joseph’s Prep, Duncanville, IMG and Mater Dei in a four-week stretch. Duncanville has the Texas gauntlet it is expected to face in the playoffs. If both teams go on successful runs, this game would make the difference.

It's a live poll

158 VOTES
Who will win?
70% of users agree with you!

70%

St.  John’s College

30%

Duncanville

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DevilDog said:

@Texasball and @Horsefly @BUFORDGAWOLVES

https://usatodayhss.com/2019/top-matchups-super-25-football-teams

USA has an article on all these big time ranked matchups and you can vote on who you think will win.  70% pick this SJC team to beat D'Ville as well as beating others.  

MATCHUP

No. 5 St.  John’s College (Washington, D.C.) at No. 9 Duncanville (Texas)

When: 9/14

Analysis: Could the winner of this game eventually become the Super 25 National Champion? Like the Mater Dei/St. Frances game on the same day, it’s not unthinkable. St. John’s has an incredibly difficult schedule, facing St. Joseph’s Prep, Duncanville, IMG and Mater Dei in a four-week stretch. Duncanville has the Texas gauntlet it is expected to face in the playoffs. If both teams go on successful runs, this game would make the difference.

It's a live poll

158 VOTES
Who will win?
70% of users agree with you!

70%

St.  John’s College

30%

Duncanville

Thanks for sharing - I found another article when I clicked on that got my attention 

@RedZone you should read this.  Open doesn’t mean that you can automatically transfer especially if you play football.  

https://usatodayhss.com/2019/jaqwondis-burns-transfers-to-img

7 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Thanks for sharing - I found another article when I clicked on that got my attention 

@RedZone you should read this.  Open doesn’t mean that you can automatically transfer especially if you play football.  

https://usatodayhss.com/2019/jaqwondis-burns-transfers-to-img

I read that article bad for Skyline Good for IMG and Gilmer getting their Big Time Defensive lineman back:  

Colorado State commit Casey Irons, a three-star defensive lineman, was ruled ineligible and returned to his former school, Gilmer (Texas) High School, according to the Dallas News.