Jserra Catholic preview

SJR89

9 hours ago, 954gator said:

These two will probably have a big year on that SJR Dline.  

DE Amin Vanover   6'4 260

DT  Cyrenius Menard   6'2 280    (2021) 

I posted this before in another thread but keep an eye on these 3 freshman... Joes never brings up freshman maybe one or 2 when state playoffs start, but this year they didn’t bring one up to varsity there’s 3 of them

in August!!

A600DF84-B97E-41F1-BD37-2A3DB6C50AED.jpeg

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Amin will be double teamed all year it’s up to the rest of joes to produce because everyone will be trying to focus on blocking Amin... Kid is a stud

Honestly I don't know what the fuss is about.   Looking at 247 the teams match up similar on paper IMO also.   If anything SJR has more senior talent.  

I will say this though,  247 made me select two different St. Joes regional's to get the whole picture.   So annoying.  I could see some only picking one and thinking they have less talent.  

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/Recruits/?&PlayerSport.PlayerInstitution.Institution.Key=23809

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/Recruits/?&PlayerSport.PlayerInstitution.Institution.Key=3414

Annoying it's split up.  

12 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Honestly I don't know what the fuss is about.   Looking at 247 the teams match up similar on paper IMO also.   If anything SJR has more senior talent.  

I will say this though,  247 made me select two different St. Joes regional's to get the whole picture.   So annoying.  I could see some only picking one and thinking they have less talent.  

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/Recruits/?&PlayerSport.PlayerInstitution.Institution.Key=23809

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/Recruits/?&PlayerSport.PlayerInstitution.Institution.Key=3414

Annoying it's split up.  

I wish you can just type In school name and on one page it gives you all the players in all the classes with offers

6 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I wish you can just type In school name and on one page it gives you all the players in all the classes with offers

You can but on rare occasions you have to select a couple.   Search montvale and both will come up and you can select em together.   It’s just a pain and I only realized it because the DE with serious offers wasn’t showing up.

edit: yeah can’t combine classes as far as I know.

10 hours ago, 954gator said:

Weakness of SJR has been the offense IMO.  

This year O is strength.....Defense will not be as good as last year...losing 3 D1 Defensive lineman....is tough...our OL will be good...Will run it down their throat and pick them apart in the air ......will be a good game....

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SJR89 said:

This year O is strength.....Defense will not be as good as last year...losing 3 D1 Defensive lineman....is tough...our OL will be good...Will run it down their throat and pick them apart in the air ......will be a good game....

You see a high scoring game?

these teams seem similar in their approach to imposing their will on an opponent.

9 minutes ago, Kalven said:

If JS struggles or loses against East, I'd favor SJR big.

This is very True.... If JSerra is really going to Challenge The Big 2 and prove worthy of all the hype, they need to put it on East...

They don’t have to hang 40 on them but need a solid 21-0 or 28-7 type of win vs East...

If they can’t do that, they will have big trouble with the impressive schedule they have put together.... :) 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ararar said:

these teams seem similar in their approach to imposing their will on an opponent.

not sure...its our first game etc...travel etc...but our offense should be putting up a lot of points.  we have 3 D1 running backs all different styles...we have a QB with a live arm committed to Purdue...solid receiving corps...big TE....yes would look for ground and pound to open up the passing.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ararar said:

They have Ammunition this year to do so, butt.   they also have a 5 star punter joes isn’t gonna have  ride the bench, there gonna use him a lot ...the kids that good... I feel like if it’s 4th and 2 At midfield They gonna punt it and try to win the game by playing field position, that’s the only reason I don’t think it’s high scoring  any other year Augie would punt it