Jserra Catholic preview

SJR89

32 minutes ago, frankyjames said:

How many transfers does JSerra have? Serious question. 

17 of their projected starters will be transfers. This includes, kids who transferred in last season too. Two offensive starters are home grown, with 3 home grown on defense. Im certain other non-transfer kids will be among player rotation, but the key players are transfers without a doubt. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, covercorner said:

17 of their projected starters will be transfers. This includes, kids who transferred in last season too. Two offensive starters are home grown, with 3 home grown on defense. Im certain other non-transfer kids will be among player rotation, but the key players are transfers without a doubt. 

It’s not really recruiting, none of these athletes are getting anything from it, you can’t blame a school that parents want to send their kids to

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, frankyjames said:

How many transfers does JSerra have? Serious question. 

Why does it Matter?.... JSerra is private school trying to Compete in a All Star Transfer League and Plays a National Schedule with Top Teams that have Transfers as well.....

They are playing by the same rules as everyone else, so Transfers are irrelevant...

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, covercorner said:

Holy Shit, 17? Is that normal? Anyone know SFA and IMG numbers? I'm pretty sure its up there.

1 minute ago, bigrobstercraws said:

Not really. They'd be riding the pine at Bosco or Mater Dei otherwise. 

You gotta do what you gotta to do survive, I get it. But it just sucks things have gotten like this.

As I have mentioned before- The same SoCal posters will come on here and cheer on transfers for schools that have 15-30 transfer kids, and then try and call out public's for having 3! lol. 

Adapt or die I guess, but what a sad state of affairs for us traditionalists. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, frankyjames said:

You gotta do what you gotta to do survive, I get it. But it just sucks things have gotten like this.

As I have mentioned before- The same SoCal posters will come on here and cheer on transfers for schools that have 15-30 transfer kids, and then try and call out public's for having 3! lol. 

Adapt or die I guess, but what a sad state of affairs for us traditionalists. 

I get where you're coming from. I see the same shit. You can't blame the guys for transferring too. These are mostly 3 star guys who will play at some four-year college but get displaced by a 4 or 5 star transfer at the Big 2. So they want PT too.

St. Mission Viejo has also made a killing off these transfers. Their last 3 starting QBs came from Trinity League schools. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, bigrobstercraws said:

I get where you're coming from. I see the same shit. You can't blame the guys for transferring too. These are mostly 3 star guys who will play at some four-year college but get displaced by a 4 or 5 star transfer at the Big 2. So they want PT too.

St. Mission Viejo has also made a killing off these transfers. Their last 3 starting QBs came from Trinity League schools. 

I hear ya brother. I am not all against it. I just hate that the rules and standards aren't uniform across the board. Some posters on here even feel entitled to play with different rules while calling out others for far less. I get it, it's 2019 lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, frankyjames said:

I hear ya brother. I am not all against it. I just hate that the rules and standards aren't uniform across the board. Some posters on here even feel entitled to play with different rules while calling out others for far less. I get it, it's 2019 lol

Some public poster will claim private’s can only survive off transfers and that their public is all home grown but their best players are transfers 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, covercorner said:

This is the way of the So Cal football world now. 17 of 22 starters is pretty nuts, but if you want to compete with MD/SJB, follow their lead. 

The high school “offseason” is essentially free agency. Depth Charts begin to form and players want to play. Find the best situation for your future or have confidence in your abilities to compete for the spot you want. 

Just cross your fingers that the coach isn’t looking for a better player elsewhere. 

8 hours ago, 954gator said:

Honestly I don't know what the fuss is about.   Looking at 247 the teams match up similar on paper IMO also.   If anything SJR has more senior talent.  

I will say this though,  247 made me select two different St. Joes regional's to get the whole picture.   So annoying.  I could see some only picking one and thinking they have less talent.  

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/Recruits/?&PlayerSport.PlayerInstitution.Institution.Key=23809

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/Recruits/?&PlayerSport.PlayerInstitution.Institution.Key=3414

Annoying it's split up.  

Both of those links some how managed to leave put a kid or two.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, covercorner said:

If if weren't for those transfers, jSerra would be near OLU and Santa Margarita tier battling it out for the bottom in Trinity. Jserra would be pretty much like OLU and Santa Margarita  without the transfers. 

Agreed.

And big difference between having 20 plus transfers and having maybe 3.

Still baffles me how the same posters cheer on the SoCal schools for having 20-30 transfers and then call out a public school for having 1-3, or even going as far as to stay that players who are not even transfers, were not born in the district limits. Comical. 

On 8/22/2019 at 11:02 AM, old_e said:

Is the JSerra game on Friday being streamed? 

I looked but did not find anything......only  thing I found so far is that a JSerra  parent will be giving live updates on Maxpreps thread. 

spoke with AD at East UT....they are having wifi problems at the stadium....if it gets resolved...they put link on the landing page of their school website here...

http://east.slcschools.org/

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, SJR89 said:

I looked but did not find anything......only  thing I found so far is that a JSerra  parent will be giving live updates on Maxpreps thread. 

spoke with AD at East UT....they are having wifi problems at the stadium....if it gets resolved...they put link on the landing page of their school website here...

http://east.slcschools.org/

If we don’t tighten up in the next couple days it’s gonna be a long way back to NJ from Cali