Saguaro AZ 10, Cathedral (San Diego) CA 18 - Final

ECHS05

31 minutes ago, On2whls said:

I think it’s the other way around.  Cen10 traveling to Cathedral.

They are playing at SD CC and This looks like a really good matchup... SD CCis big and physical like a Trinity League team... They have a big, bruising RB...

It will be interesting to see if SD CC can dictate the pace of the game to CC and keep it low scoring... That will be a tall order!!...

Looking forward to this one next week!!!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

They are playing at SD CC and This looks like a really good matchup... SD CCis big and physical like a Trinity League team... They have a big, bruising RB...

I think that's an optimistic view; Cathedral is big at the skill positions and as such is limited in the speed category. Their lines aren't uniquely large and the matter of Saguaro must always be prefaced with the fact that they are a third-division team in Arizona that has struggled in the few matchups they've had against notable larger opponents during their six year title reign (see last year's one score win over a 5-6 Chaparral squad and their 2015 losses to Centennial and Pinnacle).

The Phoenix-San Diego "rivalry" dates back a century and has been dominated by the desert dwellers since the fifties. Before last night Phoenix was 8-1 (by my count) in those matchups since 2010 when the Honor Bowl/Brothers in Arms event resumed those matchups. Saguaro joins 2013 Desert Vista-a 4-6 squad that fell to San Diego Section champ Mission Hills 13-0 that year-as (again by my count) only Phoenix team to not get the job done in San Diego. Unless you view Cathedral as a generational squad this year I think that reveals a lot.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

I think that's an optimistic view; Cathedral is big at the skill positions and as such is limited in the speed category. Their lines aren't uniquely large and the matter of Saguaro must always be prefaced with the fact that they are a third-division team in Arizona that has struggled in the few matchups they've had against notable larger opponents during their six year title reign (see last year's one score win over a 5-6 Chaparral squad and their 2015 losses to Centennial and Pinnacle).

The Phoenix-San Diego "rivalry" dates back a century and has been dominated by the desert dwellers since the fifties. Before last night Phoenix was 8-1 (by my count) in those matchups since 2010 when the Honor Bowl/Brothers in Arms event resumed those matchups. Saguaro joins 2013 Desert Vista-a 4-6 squad that fell to San Diego Section champ Mission Hills 13-0 that year-as (again by my count) only Phoenix team to not get the job done in San Diego. Unless you view Cathedral as a generational squad this year I think that reveals a lot.

Honestly... Saguaro is who I thought they were. They seem to wilt when they play an actual Top 100 level team in state or out.

Regardless of how talented they are.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

What were your thoughts on JSerra 

you got a jserra Milton prediction 

Id hold off on anyone making a JSerra-Milton prediction until Milton plays Buford next week.

Still not sure if Miltons any good or not.

They were ahead of a not very good Alpharetta team 3-0 at halftime, but outscored them 42-0 in the 2nd half. 

Their D is looking pretty good. O is the question mark. One thing Milton is, is well coached. If they have the horses on O, itll be interesting.