Duncanville (Public)-35 vs SJC (Private)-14

Texasfrog

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

But they had their shot with cen10.  It played out like any other post season tournament anywhere else, not everyone gets a chance at a particular team.  by process of elimination, DLS was considered the best team those years in CA. 

Not the best team by me.  They won the bowl game that's it

15 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

There you go again with bogus rankings to justify quality. Do you actually watch games outside of your state?  

Many thought without a doubt DLS would come up here and beat a ET team so bad that they’d have to take a knee..  It didn’t happen as DLS went on to another undefeated season in CA while ET was bounced in the 1st round.  Just sayin’

Week  0 2015. Were talking about last year. And yes actually, I was able to attend the Katy lake Travis playoff game in 2017 while visiting family.  And will always tune into a txhsfb game  when I can. DLS has a gimmick offense but would still make a run in the texas playoffs imo as would multiple other teams. Duncanville & Katy could probably have success against most Cali teams not named Bosco or Mater Dei. Don’t think it’s fair to say California is two team state because there are plenty of other schools that would win elsewhere. The third place trinity league team wins the state championship in all our surrounding states Az Nv Or. That might not say much but we’re not as thin as everyone makes us out to be. The two at the top are just far ahead for now. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Not the best team by me.  They won the bowl game that's it

Every tournament works the same way, there’s nothing unique about CAs.  DLS played the rep from the southern section that went through the TL, and beat them both years.  Potential  matchups with other eliminated participants is not a feature of a tournament. That’s just convenient whataboutism   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Week  0 2015. Were talking about last year. And yes actually, I was able to attend the Katy lake Travis playoff game in 2017 while visiting family.  And will always tune into a txhsfb game  when I can. DLS has a gimmick offense but would still make a run in the texas playoffs imo as would multiple other teams. Duncanville & Katy could probably have success against most Cali teams not named Bosco or Mater Dei. Don’t think it’s fair to say California is two team state because there are plenty of other schools that would win elsewhere. The third place trinity league team wins the state championship in all our surrounding states Az Nv Or. That might not say much but we’re not as thin as everyone makes us out to be. The two at the top are just far ahead for now. 

DLS would struggle going through any lengthy playoff here bc of playing many players both ways.  They’re good for a one game series but not a quality playoff run. not enough team depth IMO.   

14 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Every tournament works the same way, there’s nothing unique about CAs.  DLS played the rep from the southern section that went through the TL, and beat them both years.  Potential  matchups with other eliminated participants is not a feature of a tournament. That’s just convenient whataboutism   

Yes,  there's a set up,  but DLS isn't part of a tournament aside from the NCS one they compete in

4 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

There's only a couple of tough games. It's not 6 weeks of tough games

Risk of Injuries happen in any game.  The more games played the higher the risk.  It’s the same risk that sent ET packing round 1 in ‘15.  

Now if you have many 2 way players an injury to either is literally a 2 for 1.  

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

Risk of Injuries happen in any game.  The more games played the higher the risk.  It’s the same risk that sent ET packing round 1 in ‘15.  

DLS is a better program than Trinity and wouldn't have been as dependent on one or two players.

DLS crushes most of those pantywaists in the Texas playoffs.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

It reminds me of when the Texas goofballs talked about Katy starting 0-2 and losing 47-0 to The Woodlands in 2008.

They only went on to win the state championship and beat their 6 playoff opponents by an average score of 39-8.

But when you play the gauntlet of Stratford, Humble, Dickinson, La Porte, Smithson Valley and Wylie you better strap it up!

• Thumbs Down 3

11 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Yea, but that can happen at any point in the season

Of course, I stated the more games the higher the risk. 

To be honest that’s one of the reasons for 6A teams having large rosters, to offset that.  Hell, even Duncanville last night was without several starters one of them their 4**** LB. 

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

Of course, I stated the more games the higher the risk. 

To be honest that’s one of the reasons for 6A teams having large rosters, to offset that.  Hell, even Duncanville last night was without several starters one of them their 4**** LB. 

The transfer Blackshire that never played because he was hurt working out?

3 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Delusional. DLS Jserra Oaks Christian  Corona Centennial  Mission Viejo etc.  just to name a few, could all compete in your big boy playoff. MD saw mission Viejo in the 2nd round of the playoffs &  Mission Viejo  finished ranked 26th in the country higher than cy fair, lake Travis, Katy etc... you know,  all your big dogs.   (Not to mention seeing Centennial the next week, a top 10 national team 2 games before the state championship.) But go on.  And then without a doubt your state champ would finish 3rd place if they played in the trinity league but that’s a conversation for another time. 

Lol rankings also this isnt about tx teams or anything. Youre bringing up irrelevant stuff. Im still right , the talent pool in souther cali is smaller than say a houston or south florida despite a bigger population. Thats all were talking about here but its ok if your feelings are hurt. I can give in state examples too, the rgv here in texas is an area of 1.4 million with a much lesser talent pool compared to a city of like 100k-300k in waco/ tyler/longview/lubbocketc since you cant comprehend what im saying. Also outside of md and sjb cali is a joke enuff said

8 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Maybe OR, but not AZ or NV with Chandler or Bishop Gorman in those states. OR has no power.

On 9/15/2019 at 12:37 AM, Horsefly said:

A poll is not a fact of actual quality it’s an opinion.  

The fact is Duncanville had just as close of a win over Lancaster (24-3) as they did SJC (35-14)The polls are bogus is the point 

Lancaster has the most d1 athletes ranked highly just second behind Dville in the entire state.  They weren’t cupcakes. 

16 hours ago, The Guru said:

Yes.

Texas got a home game and a favorable style match-up and still should've lost.

Yet their fans are too dumb to recognize this and so they overplay their hand.

Manvel, Lake Travis, Cedar Hill, Steele, pick a name.

If it’s and buts was candy and nuts we would all have merry f’ing Christmas. 

Take your excuses and stick them where the sun doesn’t shine. Dick head!