Longview TX vs West Monroe LA 9/20

Horsefly

4 hours ago, RedZone said:

West Monroe will get tested in a couple weeks vs 4A Monroe Neville.

#2 Neville has #3 St Thomas More this week and that should be a great game....STM is really good with a lethal passing attack.

Neville is really the only threat to Edna Karr in 4A this year.. St Thomas More is select and play in the D2 Private Playoffs.

Class 4A
1) Karr (2-1)
2) Neville (3-0)
3) St. Thomas More (3-0)
4) Bastrop (3-0)
5) Lakeshore (3-0)
6) Warren Easton (1-1)
7) Eunice (3-0)
😎 Benton (3-0)
9) Leesville (3-0)
10) Breaux Bridge (3-0)
Others to watch: Evangel Christian, Assumption, Westgate, Northwood, Peabody, Tioga, Pearl River, Carencro, Belle Chasse, Carver

I dunno.  Bastrop is looking sneaky good.  But will they even win District? (Translation:  Beat Neville).

Benton isn't #8 btw.  They're 5A now (Shreveport/Bossier district along with Natchitoches Central). Im assuming whoever made the list made that typo?

On 9/23/2019 at 7:21 AM, westbankeagle said:

The QB situation really hurt WM. To be fair, if they had their starter they may have actually beaten Longview. A 10 point victory against a QBless team, especially for how TX is put on a pedestal, is really a bad look for Longview.

He really wouldn't have made a difference. I was there.

Those Lobo DBs had those WRs and TEs locked. Their RB had ran for 200+ the week before, their offense finished with 152 total yards. And the one and only score that they got was amazing field position with LV fumbling on their own 10.

WM was just overmatched, they'd never seen that much speed on a defense in their lives.

6 minutes ago, WulfTangClan said:

Those Lobo DBs had those WRs and TEs locked. Their RB had ran for 200+ the week before, their offense finished with 152 total yards. And the one and only score that they got was amazing field position with LV fumbling on their own 10.

WM was just overmatched, they'd never seen that much speed on a defense in their lives.

No absolutely not,

WM and @Reb72 had that #1 QB in Nation on lockdown,  actually had whole team on lockdown 

the clamps  on all your WR and TEs,

only thing  is they played with their punter as QB due to an injury to starter

if he played West Monroe wins by 17

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, WulfTangClan said:

Having a starting QB in a game that was only won by 10 points wouldn't have made a difference? giphy.gif

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, westbankeagle said:

Having a starting QB in a game that was only won by 10 points wouldn't have made a difference? giphy.gif

Who controlled the LOS?  If WM was losing that battle then a better QB wouldn’t have mattered much. I don’t know that detail of the game but that’s my assessment on when a better QB wouldn’t matter 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Who controlled the LOS?  If WM was losing that battle then a better QB wouldn’t have mattered much. I don’t know that detail of the game but that’s my assessment on when a better QB wouldn’t matter 

based on rushing yards produced by both teams - The big advantage would be Longview.

Who really knows how either team actually defended the other.  Longview may have kept 8 in the box all night knowing WM didn't have passing attack.  

All I can tell anyone is ---When WM is right they are hard out especially playing in Louisiana.

WM is one of those schools you say this about -  "Its not matter if they are going be good, It's matter of how good".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Texasball said:

based on rushing yards produced by both teams - The big advantage would be Longview.

Who really knows how either team actually defended the other.  Longview may have kept 8 in the box all night knowing WM didn't have passing attack.  

All I can tell anyone is ---When WM is right they are hard out especially playing in Louisiana.

WM is one of those schools you say this about -  "Its not matter if they are going be good, It's matter of how good".

What are you talking about West Monroe is  irrelevant on a national level

• Thumbs Down 1

5 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Lol 😂.  Riding Redzones bike since 2007

He and I don't see eye to eye very often.  However, he has been pretty cool with me this year and I will show him the same respect.

All this hog wash about Louisiana football - well its just hogwash.  

Louisiana had zero problem matching up with NJ when Archbishop Rummel went on the road to NJ and lost the game by only 7 to DBP who ended up winning yalls little "big boy" league.