Holy shit Sportnut WTF

imaGoodBoyNow

18 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Hawg,

I know that you perform a thankless job, and I realize that we are all a bunch of knuckleheads over here. So thank you for keeping some law and order in the old wild west. I know that at least some of us will continue to support your efforts, and will do a little self-reflection on our contributions and behaviors.

Regards,

BL

After a few months of my own self reflection and hiatus from this section:

I just realize that for me to be effective on this OT section, I will not be able to participate in many or all of the subject matter that dominates this particular section. 

While I have attempted to be as fair and evenhanded as possible, I am still human, so, I can't possibly rule out my own raising or bias as having some hand in some of my decisions in the past as a moderator. 

This particular pass through over the past 2 days, involved some back and forth between myself and the site admin which touched on the difficulties involved with policing this forum and trying to remain true to oneself. 

Eventually, I think I did the most logical and even handed course of action. That's the best that I can offer.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

After a few months of my own self reflection and hiatus from this section:

I just realize that for me to be effective on this OT section, I will not be able to participate in many or all of the subject matter that dominates this particular section. 

While I have attempted to be as fair and evenhanded as possible, I am still human, so, I can't possibly rule out my own raising or bias as having some hand in some of my decisions in the past as a moderator. 

This particular pass through over the past 2 days, involved some back and forth between myself and the site admin which touched on the difficulties involved with policing this forum and trying to remain true to oneself. 

Eventually, I think I did the most logical and even handed course of action. That's the best that I can offer.

I think so as well. I think that you'll see it calm down a little over here going forward (and this goes for me as well). Your message is clear. 

When a user is flagged for spam, any of their posts throughout their history on the site are automatically removed. This saves staff from needing to go through and make any personal judgements as to what is a pass and what is a fail, hence removing any bias from the equation. 

You all will notice that quite a few threads could potentially suffer from this phenomenon. I don't think this would apply to quoted posts though, so, some percentage of their posts could remain through that. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/19/2019 at 1:37 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

When a user is flagged for spam, any of their posts throughout their history on the site are automatically removed. This saves staff from needing to go through and make any personal judgements as to what is a pass and what is a fail, hence removing any bias from the equation. 

You all will notice that quite a few threads could potentially suffer from this phenomenon. I don't think this would apply to quoted posts though, so, some percentage of their posts could remain through that. 

This IS a tough place to police. It's been a minute since I've been on here, but absolutely no one has changed their mind, "politically," by the thousands of posts. I came back for the entertainment, and I got some good laughs.