Tier 1 will battle for the MNC

Sammyswordsman

30 minutes ago, 181pl said:

No, Armwood and Edgewater would roll Plant City the same way Lakeland did. They are not a bad local team, but they are no threat at the state level. They just ran into a tough early schedule, much like the plant Panthers.

Yes, but badrouter claimed that Plant City was "much better than anyone here will give them credit for" just like he did with Armwood and Edgewater.

I happen to think that those teams will get the proper amount of credit as will Plant City (not much credit due).

• Thumbs Down 1

5 hours ago, 181pl said:

No, Armwood and Edgewater would roll Plant City the same way Lakeland did. They are not a bad local team, but they are no threat at the state level. They just ran into a tough early schedule, much like the plant Panthers.

By the way, Plant City should be the new devil.

#666 Plant City (FL)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 9/19/2019 at 11:11 PM, Pops said:

Not sure I’m following point or logic

do we agree Lakeland will have to be undefeated to have any claim?  I think that’s very possible but somewhat less than likely (if sta is a 50/50 game, if anyone else has any chance, it’s less than likely)

if they do, do we agree that to have a legitimate claim that none of a group of teams that are a) ranked ahead of the hem now and b) will have played a significantly better SOS are also undefeated?  I hope so.  If you’re just saying Lakeland might still be best team in a JC’12 undeserving sort of way, I can’t argue one way or the other 

SJB will likely play MD twice btw as they’re league rivals (I know you know this but wondering why youbomly mentioned the playoff game

i don’t think anyone else has much of a case if either goes undefeated 

if not, an undefeated Lakeland is in the discussion and certainly would have a case, but realistically in the actual polls, I think could need all of Duncanville, Katy, and IMG to also lose 

not sure if sta would need any to lose — maybe Duncanville 

i think either of your perfect situation in CA is for either MD or SJB to sweep each other then have your friendly neighborhood Spartans figure out a way to slay the dragon — that would create the mist favorable daisy chain to opt for the FL option imho 

all in all, pretty unlikely, but there’s only a half dozen teams now with shorter odds than the dreadnaughts 

Good point. And DLS knocking one of those off could lead to a hilarious set of circumstances where DLS fans claim DLS is a totally new team from the one that lost to STA, Lakeland still gets #1 and I'm needling Los Guru. Could lead to a spontaneous combustion of sorts for him 😂.

But, seriously, Lakeland would need to also beat an undefeated Georgia state champ in the Geico Bowl to have a claim. For the most part, I don't really foresee things shaping out in a way where any of us would be posturing for Lakeland to be #1. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Claiming Edgewater, Armwood and Plant City are all better than most here would give them credit for doesn't necessarily mean I'm saying they're all equal. Edgewater and Armwood are rather obviously better than Plant City. 

But it does mean that you're saying for practically any decent team that Lakeland plays.

I knew it was bullshit when you said it about Plant City.

4 minutes ago, The Guru said:

But it does mean that you're saying for practically any decent team that Lakeland plays.

I knew it was bullshit when you said it about Plant City.

Plant City is ranked #609, behind the likes of Licking Valley, Second Baptist and Hun by the only source some here seem to value. They're significantly better than that, for example.

1 minute ago, The Guru said:

Yeah, when you lose to Gaither and barely beat Tampa Jesuit, that's where you get rated.

Tampa Jesuit was a Florida state semifinalist last season, that played Cardinal Gibbons signifcantly closer than the team they beat in the state title game. Wherever Jesuit is this season, PC beating them 37-29 does nothing to demonstrate Licking Valley is better. 🤡

9 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Tampa Jesuit was a Florida state semifinalist last season, that played Cardinal Gibbons signifcantly closer than the team they beat in the state title game. Wherever Jesuit is this season, PC beating them 37-29 does nothing to demonstrate Licking Valley is better. 🤡

I never said that it had anything to do with Licking Valley.

Tampa Jesuit stinks, by the way.

Get out of here with that noise.

You may be the silliest, corniest and most shameless poster we have now.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, badrouter said:

Good point. And DLS knocking one of those off could lead to a hilarious set of circumstances where DLS fans claim DLS is a totally new team from the one that lost to STA, Lakeland still gets #1 and I'm needling Los Guru. Could lead to a spontaneous combustion of sorts for him 😂.

But, seriously, Lakeland would need to also beat an undefeated Georgia state champ in the Geico Bowl to have a claim. For the most part, I don't really foresee things shaping out in a way where any of us would be posturing for Lakeland to be #1. 

DLS has zero chance

2 hours ago, badrouter said:

Long shot but like I said there aren’t a half dozen teams with cleaner paths and control of destiny 

if you can beat STA, I wouldn’t worry about McEachern 

i didn’t realize pairings for Geico were out — do share 

FL 7A champ vs GA 7A Champ 

and.....

29 minutes ago, Pops said:

Long shot but like I said there aren’t a half dozen teams with cleaner paths and control of destiny 

if you can beat STA, I wouldn’t worry about McEachern 

i didn’t realize pairings for Geico were out — do share 

FL 7A champ vs GA 7A Champ 

and.....

Well, it's my understanding that SFA, the California and Texas state champs etc are not possible Geico participants. Florida state champs would play either Georgia champs, or someone from a non-power state. 

1 hour ago, badrouter said:

Well, it's my understanding that SFA, the California and Texas state champs etc are not possible Geico participants. Florida state champs would play either Georgia champs, or someone from a non-power state. 

Ahh understood 

is it determined which FL champs are already or after more shakes out 

7 hours ago, badrouter said:

What is your general evaluation of Licking Valley?

I have no opinion because I don't spend a second of my time thinking about them.

This is your 2019 version of Grace Brethren. Again, you're embarrassing.

You spend zero time calling out your own school for pathetic scheduling. Instead, you spend all of your time whining about other schools who get more publicity and higher ratings.

The funny thing is people wouldn’t get so much grief on this site if they were just honest. 

I think it’s common knowledge that Lakeland actively and successfully schedules the worst garbage they can find. For two reasons. 

1. To get as many home games as possible. Usually you can convince some slap dick to come up 2 years in a row. 

2. To keep the players as healthy as possible. When you play real teams with real players you run the risk of getting your team banged up. Lakeland’s approach is let’s get to the playoffs with the whole roster fresh and in tact, and try and win a title against a team who might be worn and torn from real competition. 

I thought all this was common knowledge. I didn’t know there were people trying to justify the practices 

10 hours ago, badrouter said:

That's not the case so look for a team like SFA to wiggle it's way in the Geico series if they win out.

On 9/9/2019 at 4:36 PM, 11rover said:

Good we finally got and answer according to Gieco bowl series and Prep Gridiron Logistics you don't have to be a state champion to play in the Gieco state champion bowl series.  See how hard was that.