Tier 1 will battle for the MNC

Sammyswordsman

Going into week 4 it is becoming apparant that there are two football programs that are clearly better than the other contenders.  Those two teams are (surprise) Mater Dei and St. John Bosco.  Not taking anything away from the Duncanvilles, the IMG's, the STA's or the SJR's, but the comprehensive national beat downs served by Mater Dei and SJB are of a historic nature. In their 4th games, SJB and Mater Dei will compete vs teams on the road separated by 6 time zones and 6000 miles.  Six Thousand Miles!!

Even if these teams split in their two games (like last year), there can be no question that if MD or SJB win the Calif Open SBG, that that team will should be unanimous MNC.  Yes, even with a loss.

Were MD or SJB to go undefeated, that squad would rival the 2017 Mater Dei Once in a Generation team, as possibly the greatest High School football team of allllll Time.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Going into week 4 it is becoming apparant that there are two football programs that are clearly better than the other contenders.  Those two teams are (surprise) Mater Dei and St. John Bosco.  Not taking anything away from the Duncanvilles, the IMG's, the STA's or the SJR's, but the comprehensive national beat downs served by Mater Dei and SJB are of a historic nature. In their 4th games, SJB and Mater Dei will compete vs teams on the road separated by 6 time zones and 6000 miles.  Six Thousand Miles!!

Even if these teams split in their two games (like last year), there can be no question that if MD or SJB win the Calif Open SBG, that that team will should be unanimous MNC.  Yes, even with a loss.

Were MD or SJB to go undefeated, that squad would rival the 2017 Mater Dei Once in a Generation team, as possibly the greatest High School football team of allllll Time.

If either MD or SJB win out, they’re unanimous and historical 

if not, I think the winner of sta - Lakeland has the inside track (I like my MNCs without a loss and didn’t pick DLS in 2015 even when CP did)

Duncanville next, maybe Katy (don’t know if they’re in same bracket)

then IMG

then, you can take either of the Trinity Bots with a loss (unless it’s their last game — then take whoever beats them)

😉

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Pops said:

If either MD or SJB win out, they’re unanimous and historical 

if not, I think the winner of sta - Lakeland has the inside track (I like my MNCs without a loss and didn’t pick DLS in 2015 even when CP did)

Duncanville next, maybe Katy (don’t know if they’re in same bracket)

then IMG

then, you can take either of the Trinity Bots with a loss (unless it’s their last game — then take whoever beats them)

😉

You may be right even though both Trinity teams would actually be double digit better than whoever else they awarded the MNC to. 

Lakeland = John Curtis

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

You may be right even though both Trinity teams would actually be double digit better than whoever else they awarded the MNC to. 

Lakeland = John Curtis

Yes except any team listed above plays 10 teams better than John Curtis’s best 2012 opponent 

Lakeland has one game to win but at least it’s a top opponent (Tier 1/2) and probably in different position than STA visa vis undefeated TX champ 

5 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

The following statement makes zero sense.  How can you justify MNC to a team who has lost?  Not saying they may not the best team but in a world where a playoff is not viable, if you don't win them all, you don't deserve to be MNC.  Why even play it out since you are already convinced?  Gotta earn it on the field.  

"Even if these teams split in their two games (like last year), there can be no question that if MD or SJB win the Calif Open SBG, that that team will should be unanimous MNC.  Yes, even with a loss."

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pops said:

Yes except any team listed above plays 10 teams better than John Curtis’s best 2012 opponent 

Lakeland has one game to win but at least it’s a top opponent (Tier 1/2) and probably in different position than STA visa vis undefeated TX champ 

You are placing too much value in STA simply because they beat DLS.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Oh no SJB and MD might win the MNC... 

Who would've guessed it... 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Oh no SJB and MD might win the MNC... 

Who would've guessed it... 

Sammy is praying to the stars that Dematha beats St. ignatius this week.  It won't matter.  St. Ignatius is going to bottle up Dematha and make that SJB victory over Dematha meaningless.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

You are placing too much value in STA simply because they beat DLS.

Am I placing too much value on them?

why would you say that?

theyre top 5 in comp and all I’ve said about them is that if MD/ SJB somehow leave the door open, the winner of STA/ Lakeland is one of main contenders 

No one on here, except block, is as consistently agenda-driven was n here as you but you take opportunities to make accusations of bias in the tamest of comments 

7 minutes ago, Pops said:

why would you say that?

theyre top 5 in comp and all I’ve said about them is that if MD/ SJB somehow leave the door open, the winner of STA/ Lakeland is one of main contenders 

No one on here, except block, is as consistently agenda-driven was n here as you but you take opportunities to make accusations of bias in the tamest of comments 

I was more trying to say STA needs to do more than beat DLS. 

They can beat good teams sometimes because of their talent, even when they really arent that good... And theyll be exposed by someone down the line. I remain skeptical of STA.

It should be really tough for anyone to give Lakeland a MNC based on their schedule... Lawd that regular season schedule is brutally bad.

If MD/SJB both happen to lose, I personally think Duncanville should get a serious look if they go undefeated. If they lose too... Well lets just not have one this year.

15 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

1976 Moeller

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Canyon Mike said:

The following statement makes zero sense.  How can you justify MNC to a team who has lost?  Not saying they may not the best team but in a world where a playoff is not viable, if you don't win them all, you don't deserve to be MNC.  Why even play it out since you are already convinced?  Gotta earn it on the field.  

"Even if these teams split in their two games (like last year), there can be no question that if MD or SJB win the Calif Open SBG, that that team will should be unanimous MNC.  Yes, even with a loss."

Horseshit. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

I was more trying to say STA needs to do more than beat DLS. 

They can beat good teams sometimes because of their talent, even when they really arent that good... And theyll be exposed by someone down the line. I remain skeptical of STA.

It should be really tough for anyone to give Lakeland a MNC based on their schedule... Lawd that regular season schedule is brutally bad.

If MD/SJB both happen to lose, I personally think Duncanville should get a serious look if they go undefeated. If they lose too... Well lets just not have one this year.

I agree STA would have to do more and if they win the state title and beat a good Lakeland, then I could see them in it.  But honestly, I do not see MD losing.  I see 2 close battles with SJB and one  more in the Open game.  

33 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

I agree STA would have to do more and if they win the state title and beat a good Lakeland, then I could see them in it.  But honestly, I do not see MD losing.  I see 2 close battles with SJB and one  more in the Open game.  

I dont see MD losing either. Moot point.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pops said:

why would you say that?

You place too much emphasis on the mythical rankings instead of what your eyes tell you.

This is not great STA team based on the performance against DLS.

They are still really good, but have had much better.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Texasball said:

You place too much emphasis on the mythical rankings instead of what your eyes tell you.

This is not great STA team based on the performance against DLS.

They are still really good, but have had much better.

You place too much emphasis on what your brain tells you 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

Oh yeah? 

Ask NOR if I was skeptical of Marietta or not.

Yeah.

On 7/10/2019 at 9:43 PM, ECHS05 said:

If theres a Top 10 GA team this year... Itll be Colquitt, Marietta ... Drum roll please... Or Parkview!

On 5/11/2019 at 7:26 PM, ECHS05 said:

You could argue Marietta should be there, I just dont think they should be as high as #9 until they prove they are better than last year.

At this moment, I might put Marietta in the 20-25 range and no one else from GA in the Top 25 YET. The reason for that is I need to see something from those other teams first... Theres so many questions right now.

On 8/7/2019 at 8:24 PM, ECHS05 said:

Marietta vs. St. Joes Prep PA is looking like a legit Top 25 matchup.

On 9/1/2019 at 3:51 PM, ECHS05 said:

Im not sure we wont have 3 in the Top 25 b4 its over. McEachern, Colquitt, & Marietta.

🤡

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1