Tier 1 will battle for the MNC

Sammyswordsman

6 minutes ago, Texasball said:

coming from the guy who believes STA should be in consideration for the bogus national championship.

Beating DLS is like kissing you're sister everyone can and has.

Some STA fans and alumni are not even impressed with this STA team.  

STA is in consideration for the MNC

i don’t place too much emphasis on it but this is a National hsfb message board and I made one post stating my opinion, which included very little about STA

understand the difference between that and your accusation?

the motives of your statement are as obvious as if you had just written “Hey Guys, Did you know that DLS would just be an average team in TX where all of our kids are 10’ and run a 10.6 100 in the spring?”

You are background noise — repeating the same message 1,000 ways 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Pops said:

Yes except any team listed above plays 10 teams better than John Curtis’s best 2012 opponent 

Lakeland has one game to win but at least it’s a top opponent (Tier 1/2) and probably in different position than STA visa vis undefeated TX champ 

Armwood is no slouch. Lakeland has to run into them at some point. 

3 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

76 Moe isn't even considered the best Ohio team

It’s considered the best Faust Moeller team and they, in their time, were the national benchmark.  It was also recognized as the first Cincinnati high school football team in LaRosa’s Hall of Fame.  I posted the video of the award (2018) on here a few months ago.  As I have deep respect for Paul Brown in his years at Massillon, Kyle at Iggy, a great Canton McKinley team (that I saw) in ‘97 so do I for Gerry Faust at Moeller.  I saw Moeller in ‘80 (his last year) destroy a good DeMatha team 34-0 at UC.  The friend I went with played for Gerry Faust in the early ‘70’s.  Around us I kept saying that I was shocked at how good Moeller was.  A half dozen or more people-in 1980-All corrected me that the ‘76 team was better.

Did you know that John Boehner was a Moeller lb under Faust?

https://www.pbs.org/video/43rd-annual-buddy-larosa-high-school-sports-hall-of-fame-tfpcgg/ Gerry Faust is at the 1:12 mark.  This is a BIG DEAL to hear him speak.  Please watch it.  He was a great hs football coach. So good that Moeller led him to Notre Dame where he took over as head coach.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

It’s considered the best Faust Moeller team and they, in their time, were the national benchmark.  It was also recognized as the first Cincinnati high school football team in LaRosa’s Hall of Fame.  I posted the video of the award (2017) on here a few months ago.  As I have deep respect for Paul Brown in his years at Massillon, Kyle at Iggy, a great Canton McKinley team (that I saw) in ‘97 so do I for Gerry Faust at Moeller.  I saw Moeller in ‘80 (his last year) destroy a good DeMatha team 34-0 at UC.  The friend I went with played for Gerry Faust in the early ‘70’s.  Around us I kept saying that I was shocked at how good Moeller was.  A half dozen or more people-in 1980-All corrected me that the ‘76 team was better.

Did you know that John Boehner was a Moeller lb under Faust?

I"m drunk.

• Thumbs Down 1

12 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

https://www.pbs.org/video/43rd-annual-buddy-larosa-high-school-sports-hall-of-fame-tfpcgg/ Gerry Faust is at the 1:12 mark.  This is a BIG DEAL to hear him speak.  Please watch it.  He was a great hs football coach. So good that Moeller led him to Notre Dame where he took over as head coach.

Shot, shot.

• Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, 181pl said:

Armwood is no slouch. Lakeland has to run into them at some point. 

I know who Armwood is -- remember their their team that played BG -- '11?

Haven't heard much from them since

What odds would you need to bet $1,000 on Armwood?  10:1?  5:1?

Am not trying to be snarky -- I don't know -- am just trying to assess how much of a challenge game it really is

21 hours ago, Pops said:

Yes except any team listed above plays 10 teams better than John Curtis’s best 2012 opponent 

Lakeland has one game to win but at least it’s a top opponent (Tier 1/2) and probably in different position than STA visa vis undefeated TX champ 

I think it's very unlikely Lakeland will end up with a legitimate claim at #1 nationally. They would have needed to schedule at least one nationally rated opponent in the regular season to make a claim. Armwood and Edgewater are likely much better than anyone here will give them credit for. But, I can't see an outcome where neither Mater Dei nor SJB have the best claim. LAST season, I thought Mater Dei's claim was a bit lacking. THIS season, the only way they don't win it is if Bosco beats them in the playoffs.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, 954gator said:

MD is the best team I’ve seen this year no doubt with SJB right on their heals.    Please no prime ticket for those games!

I think if you guys had either of those QBs you’d be right there with them 

no offense to your guy — he’s young and that’s a tough comparison for anyone 

1 hour ago, badrouter said:

I think it's very unlikely Lakeland will end up with a legitimate claim at #1 nationally. They would have needed to schedule at least one nationally rated opponent in the regular season to make a claim. Armwood and Edgewater are likely much better than anyone here will give them credit for. But, I can't see an outcome where neither Mater Dei nor SJB have the best claim. LAST season, I thought Mater Dei's claim was a bit lacking. THIS season, the only way they don't win it is if Bosco beats them in the playoffs.

Not sure I’m following point or logic

do we agree Lakeland will have to be undefeated to have any claim?  I think that’s very possible but somewhat less than likely (if sta is a 50/50 game, if anyone else has any chance, it’s less than likely)

if they do, do we agree that to have a legitimate claim that none of a group of teams that are a) ranked ahead of the hem now and b) will have played a significantly better SOS are also undefeated?  I hope so.  If you’re just saying Lakeland might still be best team in a JC’12 undeserving sort of way, I can’t argue one way or the other 

SJB will likely play MD twice btw as they’re league rivals (I know you know this but wondering why youbomly mentioned the playoff game

i don’t think anyone else has much of a case if either goes undefeated 

if not, an undefeated Lakeland is in the discussion and certainly would have a case, but realistically in the actual polls, I think could need all of Duncanville, Katy, and IMG to also lose 

not sure if sta would need any to lose — maybe Duncanville 

i think either of your perfect situation in CA is for either MD or SJB to sweep each other then have your friendly neighborhood Spartans figure out a way to slay the dragon — that would create the mist favorable daisy chain to opt for the FL option imho 

all in all, pretty unlikely, but there’s only a half dozen teams now with shorter odds than the dreadnaughts 

• Like 1