Folsom crushes Menlo-Atherton and remains clear cut #2 in NorCal

frankyjames

2 hours ago, eddiev said:

And no matter what poll you look at there is still a public school in California ranked higher than the so called mighty Folsom. Hell they beat a team by rankings that they should have throttled. Big deal. Menlo-Atherton is ranked 140 in the state of California. What a joke to brag about that win. 

This is was Folsom is Relegated to At this point... Bragging about a win over a Lower Level Team that is like 1-4... It is the Folsom Bully mentality... “We have Superior Athletes and 15 Transfers So we can crush a bunch of lower level teams”....

Folsom’s signature win (By a missed OR FG) is over a Team (Oak Ridge) That LOST this week to a weak Rocklin Team And is now 2-2...

Now Folsom (With 15 Transfers) will play a weak Rocklin Team for the “League Title”   Who is 4-1 with a win over 2-2 oak ridge and a LOSS to Diamonte Ranch from Reno....🤣

Del Oro who “Used to be good” just lost to a sorry ass Whitney Team that will be lucky to win 5 games this year... I will say though, that is a huge improvement as Whitney went like 1-9 last year....🤣🤣

The SFL is a total joke because ”Bishop  Folsom” plays by different rules then any of the other teams.... 15 Football Transfers this season alone....

It would be like, MD or SJB joining the sunset league.... 🤣🤣🤣

”42-14 in the 4th and Never in Doubt”... “36-33 win over an Awful SFL Team”.... These Folsom fans are just grasping at straws right now and this thread is the result of that nonsense....

In Reality.... Nobody Cares.....

• Like 4

7 hours ago, On2whls said:

How do you justify Valley Christian ahead of Corona Del Mar when CDM had a much more decisive victory over St. Francis and they travelled to Nor Cal?  Why was Oak Ridge in a top 25.   The result of the Folsom game had more to do with Folsom and key player out on the road, than with Oak Ridge being that good?  

Generally, Cal Hi oversells a couple Nor Cal teams early on compared to the other polls.  We’ve seen that with Pittsburg in the past and Serra SM as well.  

Helix and Cathedral should be closer as well. 

By the end of the year, their poll ends up falling more in line with the others.

I don't justify it. Again, I'm not saying I agree with their rankings. As I said, I tend not to pay much attention to that kind of stuff because it's all so subjective.

I mean, could an argument be made that your opinion on these rankings are biased in some way -- even though you personally don't believe so? All I'm saying is that it's an 'easy' excuse to claim bias when it may not have anything to do with it. It may just be as simple as having a different opinion than you.

What I'm reading from you is, you disagree with CalHi's opinion on some of the NorCal teams and are choosing to believe that it's due to some sort of bias. But if CalHi was located in San Diego or LA and had the same rankings, what would you be able to attribute it to then?

Every single entity that reports on sports is located/headquartered somewhere. Do they have to relocate to the moon to avoid the mere appearance of bias?

2 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

This is was Folsom is Relegated to At this point... Bragging about a win over a Lower Level Team that is like 1-4... It is the Folsom Bully mentality... “We have Superior Athletes and 15 Transfers So we can crush a bunch of lower level teams”....

Folsom’s signature win (By a missed OR FG) is over a Team (Oak Ridge) That LOST this week to a weak Rocklin Team And is now 2-2...

Now Folsom (With 15 Transfers) will play a weak Rocklin Team for the “League Title”   Who is 4-1 with a win over 2-2 oak ridge and a LOSS to Diamonte Ranch from Reno....🤣

Del Oro who “Used to be good” just lost to a sorry ass Whitney Team that will be lucky to win 5 games this year... I will say though, that is a huge improvement as Whitney went like 1-9 last year....🤣🤣

The SFL is a total joke because ”Bishop  Folsom” plays by different rules then any of the other teams.... 15 Football Transfers this season alone....

It would be like, MD or SJB joining the sunset league.... 🤣🤣🤣

”42-14 in the 4th and Never in Doubt”... “36-33 win over an Awful SFL Team”.... These Folsom fans are just grasping at straws right now and this thread is the result of that nonsense....

In Reality.... Nobody Cares.....

Why do you guys get so worked up over Folsom fans?

IMO, the topic has turned some of you into biased individuals.

I mean, "weak Rocklin Team" and "sorry ass Whitney Team" ??? WTF is that all about? Everything has turned into an un-necessary knock against anything Folsom is connected to.

In all seriousness, what do you really know about Rocklin or Whitney? Why do they deserve the hate?

I've seen Rocklin play and they are a good team. Are they Nationally relevant?? No way! But why does that have equate to them being labelled 'weak'?

C'mom OC, shake yourself. You're better than this. @Blueliner told me so! ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

But if CalHi was located in San Diego or LA and had the same rankings, what would you be able to attribute it to then?

This is purely speculative.  But since we’re apparently in that business, if I see something in a poll regardless of where the source is located and it looks out of line, I would question it.  

Every single entity that reports on sports is located/headquartered somewhere. Do they have to relocate to the moon to avoid the mere appearance of bias?

This is condescending.

I don't justify it. Again, I'm not saying I agree with their rankings. As I said, I tend not to pay much attention to that kind of stuff because it's all so subjective.

You don’t pay attention to it but you’re making an argument??    I’m not about to spend a lot of time arguing something you don’t care about.  FWIW, The LA times poll at times tends to favor So Cal teams and I don’t always agree with that.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

In Folsom’s defense, the capability of their league really isn’t Folsom’s fault.  One thing Cen10, MV, and Folsom share in common is that they are so far ahead of their league mates that it makes the competition look worse than it is.   I certainly don’t look forward to league play other than to see some of the promising freshmen and sophomores that may be called up get some playing time.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

Why do you guys get so worked up over Folsom fans?

IMO, the topic has turned some of you into biased individuals.

I mean, "weak Rocklin Team" and " sorry ass Whitney Team" ??? WTF is that all about? Everything has turned into an un-necessary knock against anything Folsom is connected to.

In all seriousness, what do you really know about Rocklin or Whitney? Why do they deserve the hate?

I've seen Rocklin play and they are a good team. Are they Nationally relevant?? No way! But why does that have equate to them being labelled 'weak'?

C'mom OC, shake yourself. You're better than this.

Maybe and Maybe not... On the “National Board” this is the Response that Folsom’s “Ranking Justifications” elicits.... 

On the Nor Cal Board, you are right, I am better then this and would not speak disparagingly about Whitney and Rocklin because that is not the tone that is set over there... Nobody over-there is talking about state or National Rankings... 

But on this board wether you like it or not, one poster sets the tone for discussion of Folsom (15 Football Transfers in 2019) and the SFL... And it is a “National Discussion” where claiming victories over “Irrelevant Teams” elicits a Mockery” That May cause the Collateral Damage of calling an undeserving team “Weak” or “Sorry Ass”.... 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, On2whls said:

In Folsom’s defense, the capability of their league really isn’t Folsom’s fault.  One thing Cen10, MV, and Folsom share in common is that they are so far ahead of their league mates that it makes the competition look worse than it is.   I certainly don’t look forward to league play other than to see some of the promising freshmen and sophomores that may be called up get some playing time.

You are exactly right about the Leagues... There is nothing you can do.... But I don’t know when I have seen a CC fan hype up the big 8.... 

When is the last time CC won by a missed FG when playing Norco?.....🤣

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, On2whls said:

I can’t remember anything like that, but I do remember Toby Gerhart basically bulldozing the entire Husky defense around LOL.  

HA!!!... Didn’t Norco win Back to Back with Gerhart?.... 

It was Awesome watching That Dude in College, He should have won the Heisman, I am a big Stanford Fan...🙂

• Like 2

4 hours ago, frankyjames said:

Folsom remains a top 7 team in CA and just keeps winning! Even without Ngata.

Champions adapt.

DLS couldn't put them away, so I doubt anyone else in NorCal can. 

The train keeps rolling......................

#1 public in CA!

Since every poll has at least one public school ranked ahead of Folsom, the statement of Folsom being the #1 public school in California is an outright lie except in maybe your delusional head. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, frankyjames said:

Folsom remains a top 7 team in CA and just keeps winning! Even without Ngata.

Champions adapt.

DLS couldn't put them away, so I doubt anyone else in NorCal can. 

The train keeps rolling......................

#1 public in CA!

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!! He’s so funny! I can’t stop laughing! Oh No I think I pulled a muscle!

On 9/30/2019 at 9:55 PM, THEOC89 said:

Maybe and Maybe not... On the “National Board” this is the Response that Folsom’s “Ranking Justifications” elicits.... 

On the Nor Cal Board, you are right, I am better then this and would not speak disparagingly about Whitney and Rocklin because that is not the tone that is set over there... Nobody over-there is talking about state or National Rankings... 

But on this board wether you like it or not, one poster sets the tone for discussion of Folsom (15 Football Transfers in 2019) and the SFL... And it is a “National Discussion” where claiming victories over “Irrelevant Teams” elicits a Mockery” That May cause the Collateral Damage of calling an undeserving team “Weak” or “Sorry Ass”.... 🤣🤣🤣

Alright. Thanks for clarifying your view. I still think you shouldn’t take the one particular Folsom dude so seriously, but to each there own. 

I suppose the separate tones you’ve taken between the two boards confused me. But I now understand what you mean in terms of the different precedents set between the two sites. 

Sorry for calling you out in both places, but I was seriously wanting to understand where you were coming from and figured I’d get your attention at one place or the other. It just seemed a bit out of character to me.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

Alright. Thanks for clarifying your view. I still think you shouldn’t take the one particular Folsom dude so seriously, but to each there own. 

I suppose the separate tones you’ve taken between the two boards confused me. But I now understand what you mean in terms of the different precedents set between the two sites. 

Sorry for calling you out in both places, but I was seriously wanting to understand where you were coming from and figured I’d get your attention at one place or the other. It just seemed a bit out of character to me.

It's because he doesn't want to be banned from the NorCal site :)