Folsom crushes Menlo-Atherton and remains clear cut #2 in NorCal

frankyjames

44 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

😂. Why does this guy exist?

5 minutes ago, Norcalnut said:

Because you did something really bad in your past life and he’s here to make you pay or he’s just a dipshit.

3 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I'm suffering for my sins enough I don't need Jackassalope to make it worse...

Then I would pick dipshit.

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, frankyjames said:

Folsom crushes Menlo-Atherton to remain the clear cut favorite for the D1AA from NorCal. Any question about Serra has been settled as Serra seemed to struggle with MA a bit. Folsom starters were out most of the second half and Ngata did not even play. Look out!

I also added the current rankings for non-academy teams.

Go Folsom!

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture.PNG

Serra didn't struggle with M-A.  The Bears hit a long pass (fluke) that helped them get their first score, but were shut down otherwise until the Padres were playing their reserves in the 4th qtr, up 38-6.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Cal 14 said:

Serra didn't struggle with M-A.  The Bears hit a long pass (fluke) that helped them get their first score, but were shut down otherwise until the Padres were playing their reserves in the 4th qtr, up 38-6.

49-0 is better than 38-13. Folsom starters were out in the 3rd and they played the entire game with Ngata. 

Folsom is far better than an inferior team from the CCS, Serra. 

• Thumbs Down 1

4 hours ago, On2whls said:

Cal Hi sports.  It’s a little biased towards Nor Cal.  I think you actually have to pay for that service.   If I was a Nor Cal guy I would probably use their opinion too.   

I’m not siding one way or the other regarding CalHi. I don’t visit or subscribe to the site.

But what are you basing your “biased” comment upon? Simply because you disagree with them?

Again, I’m not agreeing or disagreeing with their rankings, I just tend to find the “biased” take a bit lazy and predictable.

10 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

But what are you basing your “biased” comment upon? Simply because you disagree with them?

How do you justify Valley Christian ahead of Corona Del Mar when CDM had a much more decisive victory over St. Francis and they travelled to Nor Cal?  Why was Oak Ridge in a top 25.   The result of the Folsom game had more to do with Folsom and key player out on the road, than with Oak Ridge being that good?  

Generally, Cal Hi oversells a couple Nor Cal teams early on compared to the other polls.  We’ve seen that with Pittsburg in the past and Serra SM as well.  

Helix and Cathedral should be closer as well. 

By the end of the year, their poll ends up falling more in line with the others.

• Like 1

And no matter what poll you look at there is still a public school in California ranked higher than the so called mighty Folsom. Hell they beat a team by rankings that they should have throttled. Big deal. Menlo-Atherton is ranked 140 in the state of California. What a joke to brag about that win. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, On2whls said:

How do you justify Valley Christian ahead of Corona Del Mar when CDM had a much more decisive victory over St. Francis and they travelled to Nor Cal?  Why was Oak Ridge in a top 25.   The result of the Folsom game had more to do with Folsom and key player out on the road, than with Oak Ridge being that good?  

Generally, Cal Hi oversells a couple Nor Cal teams early on compared to the other polls.  We’ve seen that with Pittsburg in the past and Serra SM as well.  

Helix and Cathedral should be closer as well. 

By the end of the year, their poll ends up falling more in line with the others.

The playing styles of VC and CdM are very different.  The Sea Kings try to slash you with precision passing.  The Warriors sit on your chest until you can't breathe anymore.

As for their respective St. Francis games, the Lancers were able to score twice on CdM, while VC shut out the SF offense (their TD came on an opening kickoff return).  Interestingly, VC also had more yards than CdM against the Lancers.

Does that make Valley Christian better than Corona del Mar?  Not necessarily, but it's also not a slam dunk that the opposite is true.

• Like 2