Trinity League headlines Top 10 toughest leagues in high school football

eddiev

36 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Dynasties are better for the bottom line

#fact

Maybe for California.... I won't deny that having a dynasty in a state where your teams are capable of staying on the field with you is impressive. 

private power dynasties like STA and Louisville Trinity have teams in their state that can compete and give them games...  

Y'all don't... SJB and MD are immovable because of how they've stacked themselves and it's ridiculous... there's no parity. Parity looks better because it means your state has stable competition and you can expect good games most of the time... 

Tell me... How good of a game is MD vs Cen10? On name alone you'd think it's great but as the field has shown us... It's not... 

What about Villa Park? 

Mission Viejo? 

Narbonne? 

Nothing... 

You get what I'm saying. 

I'm not impressed by California for this reason... You got dynasties at the expense of everybody else being made to look worse. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Maybe for California.... I won't deny that having a dynasty in a state where your teams are capable of staying on the field with you is impressive. 

private power dynasties like STA and Louisville Trinity have teams in their state that can compete and give them games...  

Y'all don't... SJB and MD are immovable because of how they've stacked themselves and it's ridiculous... there's no parity. Parity looks better because it means your state has stable competition and you can expect good games most of the time... 

Tell me... How good of a game is MD vs Cen10? On name alone you'd think it's great but as the field has shown us... It's not... 

What about Villa Park? 

Mission Viejo? 

Narbonne? 

Nothing... 

You get what I'm saying. 

I'm not impressed by California for this reason... You got dynasties at the expense of everybody else being made to look worse. 

Doesn’t matter weather people can beat them or not.You either love them or hate them either way you’re going to watch them which is great for the bottom line 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DLS350 said:

In California now, everyone is playing for 3rd place. MD and SJB 1/2 or 2/1 then everyone else. Whom ever they meet in the Open from Norcal, probably DLS, is gonna get hammered. I don’t see it changing anytime soon until the Socal transfer situation is remedied.

In the SS, 3teams have won the title over the last 6 years.  DLS has won the northern section every one of those years and won the SBG twice.  Is that also a situation that needs to be remedied?

Outside of MD/SJB, not too many teams are happy about what’s going on, but at what point is it too much?  

You are right that it doesn’t look like it’s gonna change any time soon, but don’t forget, DLS has won more titles than anyone else so at least you have that.  

I’m not sure if you listened to the podcast with the SS CIF assistant commissioner, but the gist of it was that they recognize a competitive equity situation exists, and they are looking to the parents and coaches of CIF SS members to do something about it.  CIF hands are pretty well tied.  

I wouldn’t be shocked if ten years from now, nobody outside of MD/SJB/DLS has won the SBG.  

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, On2whls said:

In the SS, 3teams have won the title over the last 6 years.  DLS has won the northern section every one of those years and won the SBG twice.  Is that also a situation that needs to be remedied?

Outside of MD/SJB, not too many teams are happy about what’s going on, but at what point is it too much?  

You are right that it doesn’t look like it’s gonna change any time soon, but don’t forget, DLS has won more titles than anyone else so at least you have that.  

I’m not sure if you listened to the podcast with the SS CIF assistant commissioner, but the gist of it was that they recognize a competitive equity situation exists, and they are looking to the parents and coaches of CIF SS members to do something about it.  CIF hands are pretty well tied.  

I wouldn’t be shocked if ten years from now, nobody outside of MD/SJB/DLS has won the SBG.  

I agree, DLS has the advantage of being a private, all privates have that advantage. Folsom with open enrollment now has that advantage. I do believe that kids transferring at will is different and an additional advantage. I understand it’s turning to that and has turned into an arms race but I really don’t like it, but that’s just me.