Mater Dei vs Servite

Eddyr2

2 hours ago, dntn31 said:

In the last 3 years, Mater Dei has snapped the following win streaks

2017: Bishop Gorman 55 games (3x defending MNC)
2018: IMG Academy 39 games
2019: St. Frances Academy 26 games

Notable OOS teams Bishop Gorman beat during that streak:
Centennial (Corona, CA)
St. John Bosco (Bellflower, CA) x2
Bingham (South Jordan, UT) x2
Don Bosco Prep (Ramsey, NJ) 
Chandler (AZ)
Poly (Long Beach, CA)
Aquinas [St. Thomas] (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
Cedar Hill (TX)
Kahuku (HI)
Cocoa (FL)

Notable teams IMG beat during that streak:
St. Peter's Prep (Jersey City, NJ)
Trinity Christian Academy (Jacksonville, FL)
St. Joseph Regional (Montvale, NJ)
Bergen Catholic (Oradell, NJ) 
DeSoto (TX)
Grayson (Loganville, GA)
Centennial (Corona, CA) x2
St. John's (Washington, DC)
St. Frances Academy (Baltimore, MD)
Chandler (AZ)
Northwestern (Miami, FL) x2
Venice (FL)
Central (Miami, FL)
East (Salt Lake City, UT)

Notable teams St. Frances beat during that streak:
Bingham (South Jordan, UT)
Lee County (Leesburg, GA)
St. Joseph Regional (NJ)
Central (Miami, FL)

So, uh, ya... go ahead and refer to Mater Dei's OOS record over the past 3 years as a "narrative" if that makes you feel any better about it.

Come on man - The BG team MD beat was absolutely nothing like the teams they had.  Miami Central more impressively went Vegas and beat BG the same year and they got beat 4 times inside the state of Florida.

IMG was good win - had multiple homer calls that included two ejections.  I was watching SJB this year playing at home and they got called for blindside block and wow 😮 nobody got ejected .

PS - that Desoto was 6 wins 6 loses that year and up to that point never won our state football title

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, dntn31 said:

Centennial (Corona, CA)
Chandler (AZ)
Poly (Long Beach, CA)
Cedar Hill (TX)
Kahuku (HI)
Cocoa (FL)

DeSoto (TX)
Grayson (Loganville, GA)
Chandler (AZ)
Venice (FL)
Central (Miami, FL)

St. Joseph Regional (NJ)
Central (Miami, FL)

So, uh, ya... go ahead and refer to Mater Dei's OOS record over the past 3 years as a "narrative" if that makes you feel any better about it.

No Team in America (Beside MD) would've won those 3 games /years consecutively.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

Come on man - The BG team MD beat was absolutely nothing like the teams they had.  Miami Central more impressively went Vegas and beat BG the same year and they got beat 4 times inside the state of Florida.

IMG was good win - had multiple homer calls that included two ejections.  I was watching SJB this year playing at home and they got called for blindside block and wow 😮 nobody got ejected .

PS - that Desoto was 6 wins 6 loses that year and up to that point never won our state football title

Waiting on the list of OOS wins from your top 2 or 3 tx teams.  Oh wait, I can do it my self:

DVille beat (2-4) SJC. 

The End.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Texasball said:

By your logic, you can dismiss anything to make a point. let me try:

the Texas D6 A1 State Champs won on fluke play and then got beat in their next game, so the whole state of Texas stinks at football.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, dntn31 said:

Centennial (Corona, CA)
Chandler (AZ)
Poly (Long Beach, CA)
Cedar Hill (TX)
Kahuku (HI)
Cocoa (FL)

DeSoto (TX)
Grayson (Loganville, GA)
Chandler (AZ)
Venice (FL)
Central (Miami, FL)

St. Joseph Regional (NJ)
Central (Miami, FL)

From 2012 thru 2015  DLS not counting the Trinity game was 56-1 in all games with few wins coming out of state 

In 2015 the year Trinity beat them -  they beat Trinity League Orange Lutheran by 38 - compare that to how OL played vs the other big boys of California

In 14 they beat Byrnes SC by 28,  Servite by 23, CC by 21

It didn't take our so called once and life time ***** team do it either.  

I think Texas is the only state who could beat DLS when they were this dominate with team who would go on and get beat in the first round of the playoffs.

This is why all you guys from around the country should stop ignoring the Texas Depth  @Sammyswordsman  @GardenStateBaller

#TexasTested

The one thing I have harped on and harped over the years is the Texas quality depth - It happened right here for all to witness and you guys have ignored it all these years not wanting to see the truth. 

People say - Trinity beat NS and then ignore that 2 others also beat NS prior to Trinity -  Non of the 3 who beat NS won state -  Guys that is what you call depth!

• Thumbs Down 1

On 10/6/2019 at 12:52 PM, ECHS05 said:

Every teams results 1 week after playing SJB...

DeMatha 34, Imhotep Charter 6

Gonzaga 35, Don Bosco Prep 21 (this was a solid result for DBP)

Corona Centennial 63, Liberty 29 (Liberty has been an OOS punching bag this year, going 0-5 to start the year in all OOS games)

Good Counsel 21, Archbishop Spalding 7 (this was Good Counsels best offensive outing all season... Which is pretty sad actually)

St. Louis 54, Mililani 21 ... Ole Lani got absolutely blasted.... A mili-a mili-a-a-mili-a-million 

Outside of Mililani (who played a top 10ish team)... Teams are performing pretty well after they play SJB. I dont think them being banged up from playing SJB is a valid excuse.

The teams that got smacked by SJB played better the next week because SJB is that damn good, in spite of the bruising each of them took against the Braves.

Just now, MD87 said:

You are delusional.

The only delusional thing on this board is all the people who believe MD is unbeatable. I am telling you people this would be nip and tuck game down to the wire!

@GardenStateBaller  is there any chance MD would play Duncanville next year in place of SJC?  You really need to be the ring leader pushing for this game.  We really do not want SFA who basically has no skins on the wall.

9 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Of late TXs two best OOS wins are vs DLS and SJC. Not too shabby. Best losses are to IMG and BG. Respectable in name. Hopefully, the increased numbers will follow. 

We have actually beat state champs 

Washington, Utah, California, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana multiple times, Arkansas Multiple times, Oklahoma, NM multiple times with el paso school, Florida 

all in the max preps era 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Texasball said:

is there any chance MD would play Duncanville next year in place of SJC?

With the departure of Bryce Young and resurgence of Servite, MD could realistically finish third in the Trinity league next year. That said, I'm sure they'd be more than up for the challenge of beating Duncanville in Texas (with the fairly safe assumption that Duncanville won't travel).

giphy.gif

Just now, Eddyr2 said:

Can we get back to talking about how Servite is the worst??? we have 73 threads going already about Texas hating MD, can't i have 1 thread about hating Servite?

Sure, we can talk about how good Servite's young team looks this year and how much of a problem they are going to be in 2020 and 2021.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, dntn31 said:

With the departure of Bryce Young and resurgence of Servite, MD could realistically finish third in the Trinity league next year. That said, I'm sure they'd be more than up for the challenge of beating Duncanville in Texas (with the fairly safe assumption that Duncanville won't travel).

giphy.gif

MD would do it to get on ESPN but wouldn't be fair...everyone knows DV has a bunch of 4-5* "move ins" every year... 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Texasball said:

The only delusional thing on this board is all the people who believe MD is unbeatable. I am telling you people this would be nip and tuck game down to the wire!

@GardenStateBaller  is there any chance MD would play Duncanville next year in place of SJC?  You really need to be the ring leader pushing for this game.  We really do not want SFA who basically has no skins on the wall.

MD has to see how many transfers FBS (P5) prospects  they get during the California "Free Agent Transfer Season"  before they make any major decision about next year.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

excuse thread material -  DV will be breaking in new QB too and he will likely be soph 

If MD is going to be down - Send SJB or Servite, or Jserra - Just work on California @GardenStateBaller

Just now, dntn31 said:

Sure, we can talk about how good Servite's young team looks this year and how much of a problem they are going to be in 2020 and 2021.

giphy.gif

No matter how good they are...that school is still the worst...i live on La Palm my Sophomore year...could see that "school" from my backyard...still to the 1.5 hour public bus ride to MD...

#beatservite

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Texasball said:

We have actually beat state champs 

Washington, Utah, California, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana multiple times, Arkansas Multiple times, Oklahoma, NM multiple times with el paso school, Florida 

all in the max preps era 

So that’s one OOS game every 3 years? 

17 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Of late TXs two best OOS wins are vs DLS and SJC. Not too shabby. Best losses are to IMG and BG. Respectable in name. Hopefully, the increased numbers will follow. 

SLC lost to Miami NW in a close game...    (that Miami NW) team was considered at the time the best High school team ever from the State of Florida.   (Returning State Champs and had like 80% of the starters back) along with a few transfers (Like 5-Star OT).

Euless Trinity losing to Bellevue, WA...  in Washington State and also probably the best Bellevue team they ever had.  Game went to OT if I remember correctly.

5 minutes ago, Texasball said:

MD has not played as many OOS games as ET

Fact MD didn't travel really long distance until this year -  They only had 1 out of state game prior to the 2017 season -  Why?

Funny... since 2017 is also the same year the CIF threw the White Flag and gave up trying to keep schools like Mater Dei from stacking teams with Transfer after transfer after transfer.

Oh wait.. that doesn't happen at Mater Dei..  LMAO