Week 6 Excuse Thread

Sammyswordsman

Some rumbles being made in Tier 1 and 2 this week.

Katy getting a scare vs an unranked team

SJB struggling in the first half after a bye week similar to MD’s first half vs. SJC but continuing the entire game.  Was it the opponent?

SPP laying waste to BNU opponents.

Media and lazy poll  darling Alemeny getting stunned by Amat.

Folsom struggles for 3 Qtrs vs Something something Rocklin.

Would love to know the explanations 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Extremely Humble said:

Looking forward to SJB’s excuse to barely beating a team that got blown out by the Bishop. 

Servite starts a lot of sophs and is a team that is improving exponentially weekly  now that their State Championship coach is back.  Servite is a MUCH better team in week 6 then they were in week 3.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Servite starts a lot of sophs and is a team that is improving exponentially weekly  now that their State Championship coach is back.  Servite is a MUCH better team in week 6 then they were in week 3.

I’m not here to hate on Servite. This is the best they’ve looked in the past decade and I’m glad to see them trending the right direction. I hope they beat overrated JSerra. 

My point is that result is not good for SJB.

3 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Ur shitting me right, Servite needed a Hail Mary Field Goal To Beat Silver oaks last week. 16-13

Silver oaks held Servite to 0 points in the second half that game 

TexasFrog 

"Why Texas does not travel"

Advanced Member

Members
524 posts
Posted 9 hours ago
Kalven..   Let me help you out son.

Come to a big time Texas Public School game and go up to many of the people in the stands (like 95% of them) and ask them about Mater Dei,  SJB, STA,  Bergen, Don Bosco or name just about any OOS Private School.

The answer you'll get back from them will be....."Who, what, Where, say what....  do you know where I can get a beer?"

OK... most people in Texas..  Like 99% of them don't give a flying fart about Mater Dei.  Sorry son!!

5 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Does this mean you'll go back to ass kissing Servite next year when they've got it all together?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

TexasFrog 

Advanced Member

Members
524 posts
Posted 9 hours ago

Come to a big time Texas Public School game and go up to many of the people in the stands (like 95% of them) and ask them about Mater Dei,  SJB, STA,  Bergen, Don Bosco or name just about any OOS Private School.

The answer you'll get back from them will be....."Who, what, Where, say what....  do you know where I can get a beer?"

OK... most people in Texas..  Like 99% of them don't give a flying fart about Mater Dei.  Sorry son!!

@Texasfrog.

All this means is Texas people are ignorant, close minded, & cult-like.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

TexasFrog 

Advanced Member

Members
524 posts
Posted 9 hours ago

They don’t even sell beer at the games here. 

HurricaneNick

• Advanced Member
  •  
  • HurricaneNick
  • Members
  • 283 posts
3 hours ago, RuntheClock said:

Servite has something building over there. MD blows Bosco out like everyone else.

As much as I’d like to agree I think 2 big things are going way over everybody’s head. 1. Bosco is simply much better than what they showed last night. Coming off a bye week and getting servite isn’t necessarily the ultimate motivation if you get what I’m saying. Didn’t watch the whole game but I’m assuming sjb kept it real simple and did what they needed to do to get out of dodge. Bosco knows every single game they play is the other teams super bowl. That was servites best punch against a mediocre effort from the braves. 2. Servite is young but they are for real and will make noise in the next couple of years. Thomas has those kids playing hard, they bought in. A lot of improvements can be made in a month and that’s what they did (improve, regroup) after getting tossed by gorman on the road. 

Im positive Bosco rises to the challenge on oct 25th and performs how they should.

• Like 1