No. 1 Mater Dei defeats No. 2 SJB 38-24

ATLien12x

4 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Somehow you think that's unthinkable.

I think that I've watched more SJB games in the last week than you have in your lifetime. I also think that you desperately want to establish a narrative that Re'al Mitchell was some world beating QB to prop up STA's win. I also think that anyone who was paying attention and looking at things objectively would immediately recognize your bias and attempt at revisionist history and would stop taking you seriously.

But what do I know? I'm not a serious person.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 3

Just now, dntn31 said:

I also think that you desperately want to establish a narrative that Re'al Mitchell was some world beating QB to prop up STA's win.

There's much more evidence that you're looking to bury him in order to excuse the loss.

I don't need a narrative to prop it up. Negro gave it to a newspaper willingly.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/highschool/varsity-times/la-sp-prep-football-roundup-20170825-story.html

“They’re three-time state champs and it was one of the best defensive units we’ve ever played,” St. John Bosco coach Jason Negro said.

• Thumbs Down 2

2 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

I also think that anyone who was paying attention and looking at things objectively would immediately recognize your bias and attempt at revisionist history and would stop taking you seriously.

Again, if this was true then you'd be able to articulate it.

But you can't.

All you can do is pretend that it's obvious because you can't support it.

• Thumbs Down 1

8 hours ago, Bamarod said:

would like to see a STA vs SFA at end of year to gauge a third place, if STA wins convincingly they could jump to possible top tier.  

SFA would beat STA by 3 or 4 scores. SFA played poorly against MD...but they did travel 2000 miles with a young QB and executed piss poorly. Still lost by a similar score than SJB...who didnt have to travel, played a familiar foe, and has a damn good QB. 

Hard to state anything definitively except neither SJB or SFA took care of business vs MD. SJB gets a second bite at the apple. They will lose again if BY is healthy...then they won't be ranked higher than SFA.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bigrobstercraws said:

You'd have a point had Mitchell not started the next 2 games and not finishing them.

I do enjoy your arguments of omission

👇

58 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Then the week before he got pulled for good against Mater Dei, him and DJ split series.

https://www.presstelegram.com/2017/10/11/st-john-bosco-football-names-dj-uiagalelei-starting-quarterback/

The two quarterbacks rotated every other series last week in the 42-21 win over Orange Lutheran, and each led three touchdown drives. Mitchell was on the field for 27 plays (19 rushes, eight passes) and the Braves gained a total of 254 yards with him behind center. Uiagalelei ran 31 plays (16 passes, 15 rushes) for a total of 264 yards.

So in other words....

Mitchell: 27 plays, 254 yards (9.4 per play), 3 TDs

Uiagalelei: 31 plays, 264 yards (8.5 per play), 3 TDs

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, ATLien12x said:

Too easy this morning @The Guru 

3849F7D7-C681-4FCC-A89A-8E46C5F4B75A.gif

Poor Jason Negro...  a top candidate for the excuse thread of all-time,  the better QB was on the bench the entire game!    

Is there a scene where the Acme kit actually works vs. the Roadrunner?   If only Wile E had one day shipping from Amazon... perhaps another product had better beep beep success reviews.         

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Poor Jason Negro...  a top candidate for the excuse thread of all-time,  the better QB was on the bench the entire game!    

SJB is the most charmed team in the country.

They lose and only score 3 points? The best QB in the country was on the bench! They beat Servite by 1 point? They're still clearly 28 points better than everybody except Mater Dei!

I don't think we have to speculate very much at what the reaction would be if these things happened to a certain other team.

• Thumbs Down 1

7 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Is there a scene where the Acme kit actually works vs. the Roadrunner?   If only Wile E had one day shipping from Amazon... perhaps another product had better beep beep success reviews.         

09AF855F-D3C3-441B-8D2A-A1FF0C1ADA16.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bigrobstercraws said:

Barely better for a single game

Now how'd the rest of the season prior go with offensive efficiency?

Correct me if my timeline is wrong.

9/23 against St. John's - DJ relieves Mitchell and leads a late comeback.

BYE WEEK

10/6 against Orange Lutheran - The QBs split series.

10/13 against Mater Dei - DJ is named full-time starter.

So not much to go with except the fact that Negro wanted to make the move to DJ. Another bottom line is that if Mitchell keeps the starting job after the St. John's game, the season would have turned out the exact same. Two losses to Mater Dei and seven wins against everybody else.

• Thumbs Down 2