Rummel/Curtis Standing-Room Only.....

RedZone

Not bad for a couple little Louisiana schools......Cox Sports has picked up the game and there will be a stream for those that care.

I'm thinking 8500-9000 somehow, someway....

“We don’t want to have to turn anybody away,” Curtis said.

His early capacity estimate is 8,000, which matched what Jefferson Parish athletic director Carl Nini said Tuesday by phone.

Nini has worked for the parish for roughly 30 years. Not since the 1990s, he said, have games drawn crowds that required standing-room accommodations. 

Nevertheless, there are some special circumstances surrounding this game. For one, Nini has to speak with Cox Sports Television about where to place cameras so they don't damage the newly redone track surface surrounding the turf field.

bandicam 2019-10-30 16-43-34-664.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

9 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

They could probably form a monster if they accumulated on one team like the Socal schools do.

I'd prefer them stay true to themselves and play high school football in front of nice crowds than try to cherry pick talent from one another and surrounding schools and kill it for everyone. 

This one being a pick em, I've been trying to decide which team to go with. On the one hand, Rummel appears to have some pretty good defense, but, they're coming in the dog in this game I imagine and they have to play at Curtis. 

Probably have to go safe with Curtis, but, it could be worth the risk to try going with Rummel.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'd prefer them stay true to themselves and play high school football in front of nice crowds than try to cherry pick talent from one another and surrounding schools and kill it for everyone. 

This one being a pick em, I've been trying to decide which team to go with. On the one hand, Rummel appears to have some pretty good defense, but, they're coming in the dog in this game I imagine and they have to play at Curtis. 

Probably have to go safe with Curtis, but, it could be worth the risk to try going with Rummel.  

I agree. I was just stating the obvious. Lol

I believe Curtis will chew the clock like they always do, which means Rummel cannot afford empty possessions. I like Curtis for this very reason, I'm not confident in the Rummel offense to score on the majority of their opportunities. I see this being a 20-14 type of game in favor of Curtis.

28 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Since neither school has its own stadium, might as well say they are playing at a neutral site...  basically Curtis is just designated as the home team

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

but, they're coming in the dog in this game I imagine and they have to play at Curtis. 

John Curtis is the home team, but the game is at Rummel's dedicated home stadium....we don't officially have a field/stadium. And, the Curtis field is way too small.

Each side holds the exact same amount though..No big deal.

Need to make Curtis drive the field and not give up the long run, AND

...maybe the Rummel defense can create some short fields....we got a kicker.😄

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, RedZone said:

John Curtis is the home team, but the game is at Rummel's dedicated home stadium....we don't officially have a field/stadium. And, the Curtis field is way too small.

Can you shed some light on past results for this game, head to head records, etc.

I retract my previous analysis, Rummel should be capable of scoring on Curtis.

Curtis has played 4 teams in the Top 1000 (#558 Westlake GA being the highest rated) allowing 111 points total and 27.75 ppg.

If the Rummel defense can hold them to less than 24, they will have a good chance to win. Curtis has only been held below 42 points twice (35 and 36), albeit against less than stellar opposition.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Can you shed some light on past results for this game, head to head records, etc.

Curtis leads the series 4-3.....Curtis has won the last 4 in a row..

Curtis joined the NOLA Catholic League in 2015.

1964: Rummel 26 John Curtis 0

2015: Rummel 21 John Curtis 14 (regular season)

2015: Rummel 24 John Curtis 10 (playoffs)

2016: John Curtis 31 Rummel 18 (regular season)

2016: John Curtis 34 Rummel 20 (playoffs)

2017: John  Curtis 42 Rummel 35

2018: John Curtis 44 Rummel 21

• Thanks 3
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

41 minutes ago, Reb72 said:

Since neither school has its own stadium, might as well say they are playing at a neutral site...  basically Curtis is just designated as the home team

It's looking like Tulane Stadium is John Curtis' home stadium these days....they will have played 4 games there this year. More than anyone in the city.

Rummel hasn't played there once this year and won't....maybe the playoffs.

• Thumbs Down 1

35 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Rummel's defense is way better than Curtis'.  I don't think Curtis can stop Rummel so all the Raiders need is one more stop than the Patriots--and I think that happens easily, maybe 21 - 14 or something in that range

7 minutes ago, Reb72 said:

Rummel's defense is way better than Curtis'.  I don't think Curtis can stop Rummel so all the Raiders need is one more stop than the Patriots--and I think that happens easily, maybe 21 - 14 or something in that range

I could live with that.........7-3 sounds good too.

I just don't know really.

Curtis knows what they are going to do offensively and that's such a huge part of their game....we will stop them some.

Rummel gonna be putting around hoping something works offensively, I'm afraid.

Should be interesting. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1