Mater Dei vs JSERRA

Texasfrog

13 minutes ago, noonereal said:

The best team in TX would have 3 losses in Trinity, if one were honest.

Those of us that actually watch these teams are being honest.  The TL is overrated like the BNU.  The difference is the TL has 2 really good teams where the BNU doesn’t have any.

There are only two teams in CA that could beat DV, the rest lose by a few TDs.  

49 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Those of us that actually watch these teams are being honest.  The TL is overrated like the BNU.  The difference is the TL has 2 really good teams where the BNU doesn’t have any.

Over the course of a season, the probability of not dropping a 3rd would be slim to nil, IMHO.

It is a very different thing, you should know this, to play top flight competition week in and week out than getting up for a game here and there. That is why SEC teams and NFL teams seldom run it. I am saying nothing about Tx that I would not say of any team faced with such daunting schedules..

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Over the course of a season, they probability of not dropping a 3rd would be slim to nil, IMHO.

It is a very different thing, you should know this, to play top flight competition week in and week out than getting up for a game here and there. That is why SEC teams and NFL teams seldom run it. I am saying nothing about Tx that I would not say of any team faced with such daunting schedules..

They played other teams besides MD and SJB.  It’s not that hard Nor.  They don’t play the Patriots every week.  Other than MD and SJB there is nothing great and grand about these other teams.  Their OOS performance is not spectacular, the league played a few duds like St Joes and still lost at home.  (I actually watched that game, did you?) They don’t even have the overall talent as MD and SJB, not even close.  

You’ve been trolling these boards for years, you knew very little then and you know very little now about teams from across the US.  I watch way more football than you so I value my assessment over yours.  Just keeping it real buddy  

8 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

They played other teams besides MD and SJB.  It’s not that hard Nor.  They don’t play the Patriots every week.  Other than MD and SJB there is nothing great and grand about these other teams.  Their OOS performance is not spectacular, the league played a few duds like St Joes and still lost at home.  (I actually watched that game, did you?) They don’t even have the overall talent as MD and SJB, not even close.  

You’ve been trolling these boards for years, you knew nothing then and you know nothing now about teams from across the US.  Just keeping it real buddy.  

Odds are I see TX more objectively than you do and you see NJ more objectively than I do.

It has zero to do with trolling.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

How many Texas teams have you seen play THIS year?  Duncanville specifically.  

It is of no consequence.

The "eye test" is nothing but confirmation bias on steroids, you intellectually know this. Can you emotionally accept this truth? 

BTW, I think VERY highly of Duncanville.

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

It is of no consequence.

The "eye test" is nothing but confirmation bias on steroids, you intellectually know this. Can you emotionally accept this truth? 

BTW, I think VERY highly of Duncanville.

You’ve seen none.  Gotdamn man this is what I’m talking about, stop the BSing.  You have no rational reference point to draw your conclusion.  Hell, without watching the teams play you’re as reliable as a blind man predicting outcomes.  

4 minutes ago, noonereal said:

I'll bet confirmation bias is but a phrase to you which holds little meaning but raw definition.

And that would be a “no” on that.  You haven’t seen Servite nor Duncanville play this year but yet you have an opinion that you think is credible.  

You would be more honest, and accurate, if you said you HOPE a TX team would lose 3 games in the TL. Kinda like you were hoping Duncanville would lose to SJC. You were pretty vocal before the game on that one.  

4 hours ago, Horsefly said:

I think Dela could keep it close, at least within a td or 2 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

I think Dela could keep it close, at least within a td or 2 

Have you watched DV?  I try to be unbiased but they are head and shoulders better than everyone in Cali besides MD.  Dv beats Bosco by 2 scores at this time of year.  There’s not a high school defense that can stop JJ.  Just being honest.  

19 minutes ago, Texasboys23 said:

Have you watched DV?  I try to be unbiased but they are head and shoulders better than everyone in Cali besides MD.  Dv beats Bosco by 2 scores at this time of year.  There’s not a high school defense that can stop JJ.  Just being honest.  

Maybe DV beats SJB in Texas.  But, in a truly neutral location where each team travels half the distance, I would put that at even.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Texasboys23 said:

I’m a homer on this one lol.  I’m taking DV whenever wherever.  

Think that would be a really good game. Hope it happens next year even though both stud qb’s will be gone. Bosco is solid in the box but not as great in the secondary. Jj would have to air it out to win that game and bosco would have to establish the run against dv’s front to win and I think that would be tough for them to do too. DLS wouldn’t matchup well with Dv defensively. If dv got a few stops and took the lead they’d make it real difficult for DLS to get back in the game.