GHSA Class changes

ATLien12x

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

Are any of these moves impactful in any way? 

Yes they impact a ton of schools. The good news is shitty teams like Rockdale County and Lakeside Dekalb are demoted from 7A taking away free wins for Grayson and Parkview (those two above didn’t belong in a Gwinnett centered region) 

Buford now has to play 6A the highest they’ve ever been. This a program that hasn’t won a title higher than 4A (and they only did that once) 

Dacula (No. 1 team in Georgia in 6A) is moved up to 7A. 

Almost all of the bigger private schools are fighting above their weight class now too. 

Its big for non football as well. It affects all sports across the board. 

• Thanks 1

Dacula was in the highest class before 7A was created and did reasonably and could play with the big boys some years. They seem to have a really solid team every 4 years or so.

It seems Valdosta is safe once again. I wish they would man up and join 7A Region 1 again. It would help our scheduling and allow for teams to make the playoffs like every other region in the state. They are less than 100 kids less than Tift and just kicked their ass and also beat Colquitt. There is no reason for them to not play up in 7A.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Hawg...I think Valdosta missed an entire wing at the NEW Wildcat complex out on the Perimeter.  The wing where they stage all the Cook and Brooks sneak ins.  I cannot believe they aren't up in AAAAAAA.   It's also hard to believe that we have kids than McEachern ????

Man...I think somebody is using that NEW MATH !!!!!!

Rufus>>

19 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Dacula was in the highest class before 7A was created and did reasonably and could play with the big boys some years. They seem to have a really solid team every 4 years or so.

It seems Valdosta is safe once again. I wish they would man up and join 7A Region 1 again. It would help our scheduling and allow for teams to make the playoffs like every other region in the state. They are less than 100 kids less than Tift and just kicked their ass and also beat Colquitt. There is no reason for them to not play up in 7A.

We like having Valdosta in the "bush leagues", why fool with a wonderful narrative?

BGW

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Hawg...I think Valdosta missed an entire wing at the NEW Wildcat complex out on the Perimeter.  The wing where they stage all the Cook and Brooks sneak ins.  I cannot believe they aren't up in AAAAAAA.   It's also hard to believe that we have kids than McEachern ????

Man...I think somebody is using that NEW MATH !!!!!!

Rufus>>

Rome definitely is....

BGW

I have to be honest and say that I had no idea there was as many as 77 out of district students at Colquitt County High School.

All in all it's more or less in line with the average numbers from all the 7A schools. Some have close to 400 out of district and at least one school had 0. 

That number for Colquitt surprised me. I expected less than 20. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

That is very weird about North Forsyth 

Region 1 is stuck with 4 schools again, while that small pooulation school is 7A and Valdosta is 6A with double the population.

I see a lot of weird, if, it's the top 10% in population that are supposed to be 7A. 

I didn't hear anything about them changing how they come up with the top class. 

4 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

The Georgia High School Association has reassigned high schools to classifications for 2020-21 and 2021-22.

Dacula (No. 1 in 6A currently) goes up to 7A, Buford (No. 1 in 5A currently) goes up to 6A

Central Gwinnett down to 6A

St Pius goes up 6A 

GAC goes up to 4A 

Sandy Creek down to 3A 

And o thought they where struggling now.... 

Oh boy.... 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Bainbridge won last year. They do not have the talent pool to compete every season, but can sneak up every now and then.

Rome, Carrollton, Jones County, and maybe Dutchtown can give them a run for their money.

Bainbridge got lucky as fuck....smh. Warner Robins will continue to be good due to athletes leaving the other schools in Warner Robins.