So the story changes...

DBP66

Heres CA for you

SAN FRANCISCO — Chesa Boudin, the son of anti-war radicals sent to prison for murder when he was a toddler, has won San Francisco's tightly contested race for district attorney after campaigning to reform the criminal justice system.

The former deputy public defender declared victory Saturday night after four days of ballot counting determined he was ahead of interim District Attorney Suzy Loftus. The latest results from the San Francisco Department of Elections gave Boudin a lead of 8,465 votes.

2 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Heres CA for you

SAN FRANCISCO — Chesa Boudin, the son of anti-war radicals sent to prison for murder when he was a toddler, has won San Francisco's tightly contested race for district attorney after campaigning to reform the criminal justice system.

The former deputy public defender declared victory Saturday night after four days of ballot counting determined he was ahead of interim District Attorney Suzy Loftus. The latest results from the San Francisco Department of Elections gave Boudin a lead of 8,465 votes.

Yeah but he was duly elected just like Trump and actually won the POPULAR VOTE.

Also, Mr. Boudin has quite an educational resume as per Wikipedia:

Education: University of Oxford, Yale Law School, University of Chicago Laboratory Schools, Yale University

I guess you think they should have elected a Tea Party lawyer from Liberty University.

• Like 1

We Read All 2,677 Pages of Ukraine Testimony So You Don't Have To

You do realize that one can simply read the 2 page transcript themselves right?

2,677 pages of opinions on what the 3rd, 4th, and 5th hand gossip 'really means' ...

is quite the exercise in futility....

…and of course anything more than 2 pages is a waste of time for you.  You’ve got so many irons in the fire and such a short attention span.

Actually, you didn’t even read the 2 page transcript from William Taylor because his opening statement was 26 pages (17-43 in the pdf) 

That’s way too long for Trumpies.  Short attention span syndrome.

I’m about 1/3 of the way thru his testimony.  Looking forward to hearing everything he has to say on camera. 

You’ll get your position the lazy way, from Hannity.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, stanscript said:

No I'd say that reading the William Taylor's entire testimony (over 300 pages) is much better than just his opening statement and he'd probably agree.  the fact that he wasn't on the phone call is important but the corroborating evidence he provided is more important.  

I did read all of Dr. Fiona Hill's testimony of almost 450 pages and her comments are pretty damning.  One thing of particular interest that came out in her testimony (pg. 197-198) was that Ukraine makes the critical parts for large Russian aircraft.  My take is that if Russia takes over Ukraine, Russian ability to project power is enhanced dramatically.  That's another mostly unknown point of how critical a free Ukraine is and why we shouldn't be jerking them off.

I would expect William Taylor's complete testimony to be equally striking.

I look forward to watching his testimony.  I hope you watch it too and don't rely on brief opinions from your typical slanted/questionable sources.

Stan,

Good note.  Thank you for taking the time to read the testimony.  Sounds like you are further along than I am.

When POTUS repeatedly tweets the following -- Using all caps and exclamation points no less:

He’s attempting to shape American opinion in at least a few ways:

1)    He knows most Americans won’t read it, and he doesn’t really want them to.  He’s engaging the very human heuristic – ‘If he’s telling us to read it then there must not be anything bad in it.’  We can surmise Trump doesn’t seriously want anybody to read it because he never posts a link – Something he’s very good about doing when he thinks the news is good.

2)    When he uses the word ‘transcript,’ he’s attempting to get us to think that’s all there is.  The document is very clear that it is a call memo, not a transcript (but still damning).  We already have witness testimony from someone who was on the call that the memo has been altered.

3)    Only focusing on the one call is attempting to take the whole thing out of context.  But a whole lot of important things happened both before and after the call that are very important to understanding the story.  Context matters.  Context always matters

Currently, Trump is telegraphing that as part of the being the ‘most transparent president ever’ he’s going to release a 'transcript' of an earlier call. I suspect he might do this to try to distract from testimony (but who knows what he'll actually do).  If Trump really wanted to be transparent he’d declassify other call summaries on the codeword system.    But if you don’t have context, you don’t know that the April 21 call isn’t one of the calls in question.  Other calls are.  We already have testimony in a few places that the April 21  call Trump wants to release is fine – Although I read a palpable sense of relief in this testimony that it actually turned out that way – We’ll see what happens in open hearings..

image.png.20ffa56e6f557b65fdd54093687cae39.png

• Like 2

6 hours ago, stanscript said:

No I'd say that reading the William Taylor's entire testimony (over 300 pages) is much better than just his opening statement ...

The fact that you would even give any weight to an "opening statement" shows just how far off base your very starting point is...

6 hours ago, stanscript said:

I would expect William Taylor's complete testimony to be equally striking.

I look forward to watching his testimony.  

of course you would… enjoy your popcorn 🍿

• Confused 1

It is time for Sen. Lindsey Graham to launch an investigation into Ukraine. Ignoring California Congressman Adam Schiff's manipulation of the public and the intelligence community is an insult to the U.S. Constitution and quite frankly an affront to the public Schiff thinks he can dupe. 

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2019/11/13/its_time_for_the_senate_to_expose_schiffs_ruse_141718.html

• Haha 1

On 11/12/2019 at 7:46 AM, HSFBfan said:

EXCLUSIVE: A newly filed complaint to the Intelligence Community Inspector General (ICIG) alleges that the whistleblower whose allegations touched off House Democrats' impeachment inquiry may have violated federal law by indirectly soliciting more than a quarter-million dollars from mostly anonymous sources via a GoFundMe page.

The complaint, which was filed last week and obtained by Fox News, alleged the donations from roughly 6,000 individuals "clearly constitute" gifts to a current intelligence official that may be restricted because of the employee's official position pursuant to 5 CFR 2635.203 and other statutes. To date, the GoFundMe has raised over $227,000.

Does the article share the gofundme page?  A friend of  mine would like to make a sizable donation.

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

This country has some serious Trump fatigue. 

Which means, no one cares, pro or anti TRump, about this impeachment or anything else he does.

Like it or not, I give you King Donald.

It is what it is. 

Yep, we are tired of y’all trying to overturn the results of an election.  But in the words of a recent Democratic Presidential candidate “I ain’t no way weary”.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

A Democrat said hearsay is better than direct evidence 

This is going to be a big fat zero.  The optics on the whole affair for the Bidens were awful - looks dirty as hell.  Certainly worthy of an investigation - a real one.  Since it occurred in Ukraine, the Ukrainians had to take the lead.  Apparently they needed a push - remember Biden had worked to shut it down.  Seems perfectly reasonable to encourage Ukraine to look into this.  So people are upset that Trump’s fingerprints are all over it.  Most Republicans shrug - the purpose of the request was legit.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Bormio said:

This is going to be a big fat zero.  The optics on the whole affair for the Bidens were awful - looks dirty as hell.  Certainly worthy of an investigation - a real one.  Since it occurred in Ukraine, the Ukrainians had to take the lead.  Apparently they needed a push - remember Biden had worked to shut it down.  Seems perfectly reasonable to encourage Ukraine to look into this.  So people are upset that Trump’s fingerprints are all over it.  Most Republicans shrug - the purpose of the request was legit.

We have a cooperation agreement with ukraine on corruption 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

The best thing this country can have is Donald Trump become a dictator. He would clear out washington so fast. 

Honestly, I never thought I would see the day that I would find that idea appealing. But the bullshit I've witnessed from the left since 2016, has me seriously thinking that I might be open to that. I find myself wondering if the alternative is civil war.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2019 at 1:14 PM, Troll said:

busy today, some of it already covered in previous posts, so feel free to review....

But I wont' ignore a normal (as in decent/good) question from WC, will probably get to it later on this evening...

bump...

On 11/12/2019 at 4:56 PM, World Citizen said:

@Troll  What are your views on the transcripts?  On the merits of impeachment?  Witch hunt?  He did it but it's not impeachable?  

6 hours ago, Slotback Right said:

Honestly, I never thought I would see the day that I would find that idea appealing. But the bullshit I've witnessed from the left since 2016, has me seriously thinking that I might be open to that. I find myself wondering if the alternative is civil war.

Trust me as I typed it the idea was never appealing but the more I typed and thought about it the better it seemed 

1 hour ago, Troll said:

go bump yourself.....🤣

On 11/12/2019 at 4:56 PM, World Citizen said:

@Troll  What are your views on the transcripts?  On the merits of impeachment?  Witch hunt?  He did it but it's not impeachable?  

On 11/13/2019 at 1:14 PM, Troll said:

busy today, some of it already covered in previous posts, so feel free to review....

But I wont' ignore a normal (as in decent/good) question from WC, will probably get to it later on this evening...

bump...

...double bump.....the guy who likes to throw conspiracies theories around doesn't like to take an actual stand on a subject....humm..🤡

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DBP66 said:

...the guy who likes to throw conspiracies theories around doesn't like to take an actual stand on a subject....humm..🤡

Slow news day for you?

Thought you would still be enjoying your show...but as it seems you need to obsesss...

Quick question...Are all the major networks going to interrupt their 'normal programming' to broadcast the show today? 

Why or why not?

Oh...You want my thoughts?  of what....rumor and heresay... or the actual evidence shown ...

Show: Will any witness please point to an impeachable offense.....

silence...

But afterwards, it sure was a hoot watching good ole Nancy prognosticate how the 'impeachable' goalpost has now moved from "quid pro quo" ...…..to "bribery" of a foreign gov 🤣

Do you think that resembles "Impeachment in search of a crime" to  anyone? 

Quick question...Is it the house or the Prez that approves all these "bribes" to foreign gov's  lol...

BTW: so as not to disappoint you...the latest 'conspiracy thoery' is that it looks like Nancy's offspring has more to worry about with bribes and foreign gov relations than the potus…….or did you not know that he was also an 'expert' in the energy business taking money from foreign gov's…

Thoughts?