Good Counsel MD 16, St. Johns DC 14 - Final

ECHS05

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

After they played SFA even in their last scrimmage, I thought they'd be really good. And they showed well vs. SJB. There was never a clear favorite IMO. 

Come on, SJC was the clear Pre-Season favorite. Now there wasn’t a clear favorite once the season started. But coming into the season, most people thought they would run away with the title. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, GREYHOUNDALUM said:

Come on, SJC was the clear Pre-Season favorite. Now there wasn’t a clear favorite once the season started. But coming into the season, most people thought they would run away with the title. 

The WCAC is so unpredictable, though. Any one of those 4 teams could have won it. They beat up on each other during the regular then it becomes a coin flip when they play each other again in the playoffs. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

The WCAC is so unpredictable, though. Any one of those 4 teams could have won it. They beat up on each other during the regular then it becomes a coin flip when they play each other again in the playoffs. 

These type of comments degrade the Team that does the extra to win.  Also marginalizes all the teams.

Same when BNU guys make similar comments.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

These type of comments degrade the Team that does the extra to win.  Also marginalizes all the teams.

Same when BNU guys make similar comments.

I’m not degrading anyone. Good Counsel still got the blue ribbon. They are all good teams. If they played the semi-finals again it wouldn’t shock me if DeMatha and Gonzaga won both games. Just saying....

Same with DBP and SJR up in the BNU. 

44 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

They are all good teams. If they played the semi-finals again it wouldn’t shock me if DeMatha and Gonzaga won both games.

Sounds like you're saying these teams are all on the same level, stratum or echelon. The exact word I'm looking for escapes me at the moment.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

Sounds like you're saying these teams are all on the same level, stratum or echelon. The exact word I'm looking for escapes me at the moment.

Let me know if @Omaha Vol has all the WCAC teams in a tier for #46 on his weekly poll.

If not, ask him to delete his comment as he doesn’t truly believe what he typed.

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Let me know if @Omaha Vol has all the WCAC teams in a tier for #46 on his weekly poll.

If not, ask him to delete his comment as he doesn’t truly believe what he typed.

I’m sure you’ll be the first one to check out my new poll. Off the top of my head I would say they will all be in the 20-40 range (I inadvertently left Gonzaga completely out last week. Slip up on my part.) 

But, I’m sure you’re really more interested in where I’m gonna rank the Friars.....lol

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

Yes,  the WCAC is unpredictable, the last two years. But it has way more to do with coaching, than anything else. As I said, once the season started, it was a crap shoot.  But please don’t act like SJC wasn’t the clear favorite. Personally, I thought, and still think, they have the second most talent in the country, behind SFA. The WCAC should not have been a fight. They should have destroyed everybody. 

1 hour ago, CODBEARD said:

Every states high school tournaments are run by the states association and only members of the association can participate. In Maryland it is the MPSSAA ( Maryland Public Secondary Schools Athletic Association) It is state run and includes NO private schools not even the small cruddy ones. It has nothing to do with recruiting or anything other than they are not public schools under state control.  The privates all have their own associations MIAA, WCAC, IAC and some small christian school associations they all just play for their own associations championship which yeah is basically just a league/conference championship.

It is the same as in Texas the TAPPS teams can't play in UIL championships, Florida has the Sunshine State AC that can't play in the FHSAA championships, Pennsylvania has the Inner-AC teams that can't play in the PIAA championships.. etc....

Are the private schools in Ohio, Cal, Pa, Nev, and all other privates that play in state playoffs under public school control?

9 minutes ago, 11rover said:

Are the private schools in Ohio, Cal, Pa, Nev, and all other privates that play in state playoffs under public school control?

Not sure what you mean by "public school control," but in Ohio, both public and private schools (with the exception of some private boarding schools) are members of the Ohio High School Athletic Association. They are subject to the same rules and compete in the same tournaments. There has been a push for years (mostly from certain rural Ohio counties) to separate publics and privates. The response from the OHSAA has been to create a "competitive balance formula," which essentially acts as a multiplier that bumps up schools with a bigger draw to higher divisions. 

46 minutes ago, OdbCle said:

Not sure what you mean by "public school control," but in Ohio, both public and private schools (with the exception of some private boarding schools) are members of the Ohio High School Athletic Association. They are subject to the same rules and compete in the same tournaments. There has been a push for years (mostly from certain rural Ohio counties) to separate publics and privates. The response from the OHSAA has been to create a "competitive balance formula," which essentially acts as a multiplier that bumps up schools with a bigger draw to higher divisions. 

Poorly worded, should have said are the privates in these areas under state control.