Trinity League Runner up is Unanimous MNC

Sammyswordsman

4 hours ago, The Guru said:

But you said that the level of the market was determined by neighboring competition.

I know that you want to change your tune now but seems impossible to do so given your own words.

🤡

Please quote my full statement.  I also said I would need to see their schedule

Once again, a neighborhood team can only be "competition" if the game is scheduled.

Corona Del Mar is a small market team, due to their opponents scheduled even though they are in the same general area as the Trinity League.

Jeez.  Don't know why this needs explaining.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

No you didn't.

Liberty chose not to schedule their neighborhood competition.   Had they scheduled their neighborhood competition then they would be a small market team.  But they did not.

Liberty NV (by inking games outside of their neighborhood) with Top 25 teams, elevated themselves out of the poverty of a small market program.

That’s not the trap I set. 

Pinky promise. 

BGW

• Confused 1

In the last 5 years, IMG is 48-2 with their only losses coming to MD and SFA. In the last 3 years, SFA is 29-1 with their only loss coming to MD. In the last 3 years MD has only lost (on the field) to SJB. It seems like the pollsters have said, in no uncertain terms, if one of these teams runs the table (or runs the table with an avenged loss) they have the inside track at the MNC. The best way for another team to stake their claim would be to schedule and beat one of these teams and run the rest of their schedule.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, dntn31 said:

In the last 5 years, IMG is 48-2 with their only losses coming to MD and SFA. In the last 3 years, SFA is 29-1 with their only loss coming to MD. In the last 3 years MD has only lost (on the field) to SJB. It seems like the pollsters have said, in no uncertain terms, if one of these teams runs the table (or runs the table with an avenged loss) they have the inside track at the MNC. The best way for another team to stake their claim would be to schedule and beat one of these teams and run the rest of their schedule.

And that's stupid.

Just because you explained it in a long paragraph doesn't mean it's the right thing.

1 hour ago, The Guru said:

And that's stupid.

Just because you explained it in a long paragraph doesn't mean it's the right thing.

Perhaps, but it's more than likely an accurate representation that accounts for the way things shook out this year. As long as there is an M in MNC there will very likely be a somewhat compelling contrarian argument available.

10 minutes ago, The Guru said:

👇

🤡

Why argue with Cali? They were after-thoughts for a decade and now they're on a little run, so logic is not going to be part of their conversation.

Anyone that watches HS football and saw MD would probably think that this was the best team. But they slipped up. So this was not a year for SBJ to be simply crowned, because they played a lot of OOS with names and no umph this year. Great win against MD. Also a pretty solid loss to MD. Good win against DLS. But that's no reason for a unanimous NC, especially when you've got undefeated large state champs that played pretty good OOS away from their house.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 181pl said:

Why argue with Cali? They were after-thoughts for a decade and now they're on a little run, so logic is not going to be part of their conversation.

Anyone that watches HS football and saw MD would probably think that this was the best team. But they slipped up. So this was not a year for SBJ to be simply crowned, because they played a lot of OOS with names and no umph this year. Great win against MD. Also a pretty solid loss to MD. Good win against DLS. But that's no reason for a unanimous NC, especially when you've got undefeated large state champs that played pretty good OOS away from their house.

More than likely DLS was the deciding factor for the pollsters between SJB and STA.STA should have beaten STL on a Hail Mary to end the game then they would have won 1-2 polls for certain 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ararar said:

More than likely DLS was the deciding factor for the pollsters between SJB and STA.STA should have beaten STL on a Hail Mary to end the game then they would have won 1-2 polls for certain 

Or dominated from get go and put both halves together defensively. Watching that game I came with the feeling that St Louis was too high, struck me as a low 25 team.

Looking at STA, definitely a big improvement from the DLS game to the last game.

Qb looked for fluid and relaxed and Aquinas defense played great second half... need to put it together for both halves.

Aquinas is placed appropriately in the polls.

JMHO,

BGW

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Or dominated from get go and put both halves together defensively. Watching that game I came with the feeling that St Louis was too high, struck me as a low 25 team.

Looking at STA, definitely a big improvement from the DLS game to the last game.

Qb looked for fluid and relaxed and Aquinas defense played great second half... need to put it together for both halves.

Aquinas is placed appropriately in the polls.

JMHO,

BGW

Ok then.  I guess that settles it.

So who you got in 2020?

• Haha 1

On 12/26/2019 at 2:21 PM, Sammyswordsman said:

Please quote my full statement.  I also said I would need to see their schedule

Once again, a neighborhood team can only be "competition" if the game is scheduled.

Corona Del Mar is a small market team, due to their opponents scheduled even though they are in the same general area as the Trinity League.

Jeez.  Don't know why this needs explaining.

The gap might be smaller than their last attempt when JSerra boat raced them, but even CDM can't compete in the TL. The only publics in OC/IE that can are St. Mission Viejo and Cen10...and that's for 3rd place. 

4 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Again, I thought Texans don't give a shit about national polls or MNC titles? Lol!!!!!

You actually believe polls based on opinions?

SJB only played 1 team that had prayers chance of beating them and they went 1-1

they had 1 point win over - very average team

5 - Oos teams that combined had 22 defeats

Its all bogus!  

IMO - the two best Cali teams vs 2 best Texas teams would be extremely competitive games 50/50 — I find it interesting that people who claim to be experts are not willing to say the same after seeing the teams.

its all bogus 🤔

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

You actually believe polls based on opinions?

SJB only played 1 team that had prayers chance of beating them and they went 1-1

they had 1 point win over - very average team

5 - Oos teams that combined had 22 defeats

Its all bogus!  

IMO - the two best Cali teams vs 2 best Texas teams would be extremely competitive games 50/50 — I find it interesting that people who claim to be experts are not willing to say the same after seeing the teams.

its all bogus 🤔

But you don’t care remember 

that’s the point 😂