5 toughest schedules per USA Today

golfaddict1

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

I can't fully agree. Miami Central's schedule is one of the toughest schedules I've seen in recent years. 

Hollywood Chaminade Madonna-2016 3A state finalist 

BTW-2016 4A state semi finalists. Won 4 state titles in a row from 2012-2015

Bishop Gorman-Need I say more?

Miami Edison-2016 2nd round playoff team. Only loses to BTW. 

IMG-see Bishop Gorman comment 

Miami Northwestern- 2016 2nd round playoff team. Projected to have one of top secondaries in the state in 2017.

Miami Carol City-2016 6A state champions.

Remaining schedule consists of: Miami Norland, Hialeah Miami Lakes, and Pompano Beach Ely.

USA today may need to reconsider. 

Just my thoughts. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Six toughest leagues??? Fla 4-5-6, Cincy Catholic, So. Cal big school, BNU,DeSoto Texas league, So Louisiana ????

Ehh I'm a Florida guy, but I'm not sure our leagues are overall the toughest.   It's kind of weird as 8A is the deepest, as in tougher early rounds, but not so many elite teams.   7A used to be very hard, when Plant, Manatee, Lakeland, Dwyer were all on their game, but lately I wouldn't consider it as tough as far as depth.   6A south is rough, but I dunno, Fla could definitely have better classes IMO.    Imagine if AHP, MC, MNW, STA, Armwood, Plant, Mainland, Carol City, Lakeland, the rest of the Big Orlando/Dade/Broward/Tampa/Polk/Jville teams were all in a killer bracket.   Would be epic!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MC Rockets said:

I can't fully agree. Miami Central's schedule is one of the toughest schedules I've seen in recent years. 

Hollywood Chaminade Madonna-2016 3A state finalist 

BTW-2016 4A state semi finalists. Won 4 state titles in a row from 2012-2015

Bishop Gorman-Need I say more?

Miami Edison-2016 2nd round playoff team. Only loses to BTW. 

IMG-see Bishop Gorman comment 

Miami Northwestern- 2016 2nd round playoff team. Projected to have one of top secondaries in the state in 2017.

Miami Carol City-2016 6A state champions.

Remaining schedule consists of: Miami Norland, Hialeah Miami Lakes, and Pompano Beach Ely.

USA today may need to reconsider. 

Just my thoughts. 

Yeah that should definitely be up there over Grayson's.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

besides the Broward game, what's wrong with their schedule?

There's nothing wrong with it, I just think they could have went after some better OOS opponents.   Grayson isn't going to prove anything vs those Alabama schools.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 954gator said:

There's nothing wrong with it, I just think they could have went after some better OOS opponents.   Grayson isn't going to prove anything vs those Alabama schools.   

Grayson had already agreed to two home and away games with Ramsay and Hoover. And can you elaborate on the bold statement?

I don't know why they scheduled Broward, but traditionally, the homecoming game  is usually a easy game, so I guess Broward was willing to get paid for an ass whoopin lol

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

That's a wicked schedule and belongs on the list for sure.  

Not sure how you can have BG and IMG on your schedule in the same season, on the road to both and not be one of the toughest schedules. I remember back in 2012 when MC had Grayson, BTW, and Manatee to start the season MP had them as the toughest schedule that year. But win or lose vs. those two I'm thankful those kids get to have that experience. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

Grayson had already agreed to two home and away games with Ramsay and Hoover. And can you elaborate on the bold statement?

I don't know why they scheduled Broward, but traditionally, the homecoming game  is usually a easy game, so I guess Broward was willing to get paid for an ass whoopin lol

What I mean is Grayson will be heavily favored against those bama schools and JC.   It would have been cool to see them take on a probable top 10 OOS team.

Grayson's toughest opponents will end up being Ga teams most likely.

55 minutes ago, 954gator said:

What I mean is Grayson will be heavily favored against those bama schools and JC.   It would have been cool to see them take on a probable top 10 OOS team.

McEachern is the only tough team from Georgia they play this year, and I'm not sure who McEachern has this year (talent wise). Therefore, Hoover or JC will probably be their toughest game. 

And you already know how negotiations are when it comes to Cali teams and texas teams. 

According to 561_fan from Josh Wilsons board this is Pahokee's schedule.

For 1A it's a very tough schedule.

@Park Vista (8A)
Palm Beach Lakes (8A)
@Atlantic (8A)
@Cardinal Newman (3A)
@Vero Beach (7A)
Boynton Beach (7A)
Palm Beach Gardens (8A)
West Park Prep (??)
Somerset (3A)
@Cocoa (4A)
@Glades Central (4A) 

http://floridahsfootball.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2371-pahokee-schedule/

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 954gator said:

Would have liked to see Grayson play some better teams.  

I agree. But to keep it in context: this is the 2nd year in a row Grayson is using a new head coach. After one coach their entire program history ,  back to back seasons with a new coach and new philosophy. Not a big deal to some schools but they are a public** & will go through that adjustment period. Also not a coincidence they scheduled an in state game before the Curtis trip unlike last year where it was IMG out of the gate. 

Grayson has enough talent to play a better schedule. And this coach may get those kids grooving nicely in August. Hell he has spring ball and fall camp. But I'm assuming the reason for the scheduling is because Herron left. I found out he was leaving before state title game so that means Grayson knew too. Bet scheduling limited cuz of that.

Orrrrrr maybe im over thinking it and they're pussies who didn't wanna lose on national tv again.  Ha who knows 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 954gator said:

But will they really? After losing 20 of 22 starters and their HC for the 2nd year in a row?

AND I mean CalPreps says Grayson is #179, whilst Hoover sits at 44, and JC at 74... I mean hello..am'i right? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

I agree. But to keep it in context: this is the 2nd year in a row Grayson is using a new head coach. After one coach their entire program history ,  back to back seasons with a new coach and new philosophy. Not a big deal to some schools but they are a public** & will go through that adjustment period. Also not a coincidence they scheduled an in state game before the Curtis trip unlike last year where it was IMG out of the gate. 

Grayson has enough talent to play a better schedule. And this coach may get those kids grooving nicely in August. Hell he has spring ball and fall camp. But I'm assuming the reason for the scheduling is because Herron left. I found out he was leaving before state title game so that means Grayson knew too. Bet scheduling limited cuz of that.

Orrrrrr maybe im over thinking it and they're pussies who didn't wanna lose on national tv again.  Ha who knows 

Theres only 1-3 slots per team for OOS games, and not all Top 25 teams play OoS. Options are limited despite what people say. Especially for teams better than Hoover and JC. Grayson essentially has a Top 40 team (Hoover), Top 75 team (John Curtis), and a Top 150 team (Ramsay) on their schedule OOS. With McEachern in there. And teams like South Gwinnett & Archer(2 with a lot of potential) waiting in Region play. 

4 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

I doubt this is the case, and you make valid points about their coaching situation.   I personally would have just liked to see them face someone from another region that's all.   Like Paramus Catholic or something ya know?  It's not even that they'd be for sure better than Hoover or JC, but it'd be an opportunity for them to play someone/somewhere they haven't done yet.  

I'm sure next year they'll go big OOS with that 2019 class. 

12 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

McEachern is the only tough team from Georgia they play this year, and I'm not sure who McEachern has this year (talent wise). Therefore, Hoover or JC will probably be their toughest game. 

And you already know how negotiations are when it comes to Cali teams and texas teams. 

Mceachern will be down this year...

18 hours ago, 954gator said:

Would have liked to see Grayson play some better teams.  

I bought 4 of the 5

Grayson seemed like a throw in to appease some rural GA Gannett affiliate

take MD and DLS for example -- they're both cited and play 2 of BG, SJB (likely more than once), IMG, and SJC + TX schools + BNU, GCL etc -- don't think Grayson in top 25 schedules at end of day

4 minutes ago, Pops said:

I bought 4 of the 5

Grayson seemed like a throw in to appease some rural GA Gannett affiliate

take MD and DLS for example -- they're both cited and play 2 of BG, SJB (likely more than once), IMG, and SJC + TX schools + BNU, GCL etc -- don't think Grayson in top 25 schedules at end of day

Again, bc you put too much value on CalPreps placement of GA teams. 

You also just threw a bunch of unrelated teams together to make it look better. 

18 hours ago, zulu1128 said:

USAT is turrible.

Not putting Central on this list is just stupid

BG has 4 good games and 6 JV teams....the body of work is a B- at best.

The top teams only really have 4 games(Most have less)

BG is actually testing themselves against top notch competition, not many teams face that level of competition(Very few if any do actually)

Schedule A

Schedule B

What's a tougher schedule to finish undefeated in?

• Like 1