FDA just approved chloroquine

thc6795

38 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

It’s just tremendous, just tremendous....

BGW

It's funny but not funny. People literally made a run on the drug and it doesn't really work. 

I mean, it's prescription only, so doctors wrote prescriptions for themselves and all their family members, like 90 day scripts and literally cleared the pharmacies. All for some shit that is giving variable results at best. The government blanket removed between 29 and 31 million tablets from the market in a day. 

People that we know it's therapeutic for are struggling to get it, at a time when they don't need to be going from pharmacy to pharmacy and town to town to find it. 

On the bright side, the manufacturers red tape got cut so they can boost production to try replenishing the stock. It's still a myth, like toilet paper, lysol and hand sanitizer now though. 

• Like 1

There are Drs who say it works and there are Drs who say it doesn’t. Most of you lean to it doesn’t ONLY because Trump touted it. Have any of you considered that just maybe the reason CDC, WHO the media is so adamantly against it is cost? A 10 day supply of Chloroquine will cost you $100. They are not going to make huge amounts of money off this drug. Now when they finally do come up with a vaccine, how much do you think this will cost? A hell of a lot more than $100 they will make billions off the vaccine. So if you’re in the medical establishment or in pharmaceuticals you are going to do everything possible to not jeopardize that money cow right? 

Now before you go spouting of conspiracy, we already know that ALL the politicians take huge kickbacks from the drug companies right? We know that the politicians control the media narrative. So why would this not be a possibility? 

Seriuosly why would they be so dead set against a drug that MIGHT help? This drug has been around for 60 yrs man. We know who can take it and who cant. Some Drs say they are finding it works. Why wouldnt everyone hope it did? Why is it being attacked. 

Seriuos replies only man. HAWG, BGW, Bell, NOR, to name a few I want your take. Not political BS from 66 or canes who or on ignore and reply anyway. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It's funny but not funny. People literally made a run on the drug and it doesn't really work. 

People are pinning their hopes on "we can't recommend it and we cannot NOT recommend it"

Heard a doctor say that yesterday..

Hell, we were there 56 days ago......moving right a long.

Maybe they can mix that shit with some baking soda or something and that will WORK! 👍 😀

Just now, RedZone said:

People are pinning their hopes on "we can't recommend it and we cannot NOT recommend it"

Heard a doctor say that yesterday..

Hell, we were there 56 days ago......moving right a long.

Maybe they can mix that shit with some baing soda or something and that will WORK! 👍 😀

Didnt you say the Wuhan was going to kill you last week?

3 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

There are Drs who say it works and there are Drs who say it doesn’t. Most of you lean to it doesn’t ONLY because Trump touted it. Have any of you considered that just maybe the reason CDC, WHO the media is so adamantly against it is cost? A 10 day supply of Chloroquine will cost you $100. They are not going to make huge amounts of money off this drug. Now when they finally do come up with a vaccine, how much do you think this will cost? A hell of a lot more than $100 they will make billions off the vaccine. So if you’re in the medical establishment or in pharmaceuticals you are going to do everything possible to not jeopardize that money cow right? 

Now before you go spouting of conspiracy, we already know that ALL the politicians take huge kickbacks from the drug companies right? We know that the politicians control the media narrative. So why would this not be a possibility? 

Seriuosly why would they be so dead set against a drug that MIGHT help? This drug has been around for 60 yrs man. We know who can take it and who cant. Some Drs say they are finding it works. Why wouldnt everyone hope it did? Why is it being attacked. 

Seriuos replies only man. HAWG, BGW, Bell, NOR, to name a few I want your take. Not political BS from 66 or canes who or on ignore and reply anyway. 

It's not that bro. 

In science, you have proof or you don't. If the drug killed the virus, it wouldn't just kill it "sometimes" it would always kill it. 

If it stopped the replication it would do it all the time, not, sometimes. 

Getting variable results means there is something else at play, and not therapeutic effects from the drug. 

The whole deal with the president touting it is because of the run that happened on the drug, where all these people bought it, stock piled it and it doesn't even work for what the claim was. Now there is a shortage. 

So to that yes, because Trump touted it, I have issues with that. Firstly, because he touted it, and it doesn't work. Secondly because of what his touting caused with the shortage of it now when some people absolutely need it. 

This is one of the immediate proofs that what he says matters and he should be much more thoughtful and logical in what he says. That's the entire issue here. He isn't thinking even 3 minutes ahead when he does things like this. 

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It's not that bro. 

In science, you have proof or you don't. If the drug killed the virus, it wouldn't just kill it "sometimes" it would always kill it. 

If it stopped the replication it would do it all the time, not, sometimes. 

Getting variable results means there is something else at play, and not therapeutic effects from the drug. 

The whole deal with the president touting it is because of the run that happened on the drug, where all these people bought it, stock piled it and it doesn't even work for what the claim was. Now there is a shortage. 

So to that yes, because Trump touted it, I have issues with that. Firstly, because he touted it, and it doesn't work. Secondly because of what his touting caused with the shortage of it now when some people absolutely need it. 

This is one of the immediate proofs that what he says matters and he should be much more thoughtful and logical in what he says. That's the entire issue here. He isn't thinking even 3 minutes ahead when he does things like this. 

Look I get that it is not the cure. But for right now people and Drs are saying it saved their lives. Why not go with it for now? Even if the people who took it and claimed it saved their lives and the DRS who say it saved lives are wrong. Why take away that hope? Why are the politicians and media so against it. Do you really think they give a fuck about a kid with lupus? Come on bro. Big Pharma has another cash cow on the way when they announce the cure. As long as people think their only hope is the vaccine big pharma once again makes billions. 

As for the people who really need it? There is plenty. They have stock piles of it. They just received another million doses from India as well. 

Bro do you know that DRs and nurses are being laid off and furloughed all around the US. Because of LACK of work man. emergency rooms are empty, because people are staying home. I know two nurses here in Euless that were just laid of. They said more will be laid off as well. Bro remember they told us Millions would die. Hospitals would not have rooms blah blah blah. Hell the Temp hospital they just built in Washington was tore down, because they hadn’t seen ONE patient. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

because he touted it

He's touted it hundreds (100's) of times and still does.

When he stops touting it which will be probably be sooner than later his minions will then move on to the next "BIG medical game changer in our history".....don't forget, this was the BIG one!

Until then it's like talking to bunch of old tree stumps.

77564745-a-collection-of-old-tree-stumps.jpg

2 minutes ago, RedZone said:

He's touted it hundreds (100's) of times and still does.

When he stops touting it which will be probably be sooner than later his minions will then move on to the next "BIG medical game changer in our history".....don't forget, this was the BIG one!

Until then it's like talking to bunch of old tree stumps.

77564745-a-collection-of-old-tree-stumps.jpg

You still bitching about washing your hands? You nasty fuck.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

BTW did you guys know Trump waived student loan payments for the next six months? Said it could go longer. He said this yesterday. So if you were watching CNN you didn’t hear this. CNN wasn't broadcasting the Wuhan brief. 

It’s not something he unilaterally did, it was approved in the stimulus package that was recently passed.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/03/25/politics/stimulus-bill-student-loan-payments/index.html

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

It’s not something he unilaterally did, it was approved in the stimulus package that was recently passed.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/03/25/politics/stimulus-bill-student-loan-payments/index.html

Ok bell for the class. The students who didnt read every page of the stimulus bill and didnt watch CNN yesterday do they know? 

49 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Look I get that it is not the cure. But for right now people and Drs are saying it saved their lives. Why not go with it for now?

"People" don't know shit and patients are as likely to recover from COVID-19 by doing nothing than taking this drug.

Now if someone is seriously ill and there's no other option then of course they should be able to take it.

But the FDA should not approve a drug for use because some rogue doctors say that it works. It should require more rigor than that.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Look I get that it is not the cure. But for right now people and Drs are saying it saved their lives. Why not go with it for now? Even if the people who took it and claimed it saved their lives and the DRS who say it saved lives are wrong. Why take away that hope? Why are the politicians and media so against it. Do you really think they give a fuck about a kid with lupus? Come on bro. Big Pharma has another cash cow on the way when they announce the cure. As long as people think their only hope is the vaccine big pharma once again makes billions. 

As for the people who really need it? There is plenty. They have stock piles of it. They just received another million doses from India as well. 

Bro do you know that DRs and nurses are being laid off and furloughed all around the US. Because of LACK of work man. emergency rooms are empty, because people are staying home. I know two nurses here in Euless that were just laid of. They said more will be laid off as well. Bro remember they told us Millions would die. Hospitals would not have rooms blah blah blah. Hell the Temp hospital they just built in Washington was tore down, because they hadn’t seen ONE patient. 

Well, they are going for it. That isn't really the issue. They have been giving it to people. 

The issue is that the president stepped to the podium and made it out to be some miracle thing basically, which caused the loonies to stockpile it. I don't see it as that much less of a mistake or stupid move than that of the Navy guy that told the world his ship was combat ineffective creating an opening for attack. 

I can understand why the president would say what he did if he was just in a conversation with someone in a private setting, but, he went on national t.v. with as he says it "through the roof ratings" and told that this thing was working. Very promising. Etc. Not once, but a few times. Each time his experts had to come behind him and correct him, all the way until he literally stopped them from doing it. Now there are legitimate health concerns for people that absolutely need the drug, and it is proven for their ailments. He's got 330+ million people to look after. Actually he created a worldwide shortage, but, just speaking solely to he is absolutely responsible for. 

He has a much bigger ship than that navy guy that got fired. People agree with the removal of the navy guy, but would argue until forever there was nothing wrong with the president making errors. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Bro remember they told us Millions would die. Hospitals would not have rooms blah blah blah. Hell the Temp hospital they just built in Washington was tore down, because they hadn’t seen ONE patient. 

You seem to again be having trouble using the word could instead of would.

People have died in hospital hallways because there weren't enough rooms/beds to serve everybody.

38 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

BTW did you guys know Trump waived student loan payments for the next six months? Said it could go longer. He said this yesterday. So if you were watching CNN you didn’t hear this. CNN wasn't broadcasting the Wuhan brief. 

But if could read then you did, in fact, know it.

Here's CNN announcing it on March 14th:

Trump said he's waiving federal student loan interest due to coronavirus. Here's how it will work.

Here's CNN with the official announcement on March 20th:

Trump allows borrowers to suspend student loan payments for two months

Here's a follow-up on April 3rd:

Most student loan payments are suspended. Here's what you need to know.

🤡

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Ok bell for the class. The students who didnt read every page of the stimulus bill and didnt watch CNN yesterday do they know? 

Accounts are automatically placed in forbearance. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/advisor/2020/03/26/student-loan-forbearance-in-the-coronavirus-covid-19-stimulus-what-you-need-to-know/amp/

it’s a fallacy to assume CNN tv media is the only source for getting info.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Well, they are going for it. That isn't really the issue. They have been giving it to people. 

The issue is that the president stepped to the podium and made it out to be some miracle thing basically, which caused the loonies to stockpile it. I don't see it as that much less of a mistake or stupid move than that of the Navy guy that told the world his ship was combat ineffective creating an opening for attack. 

I can understand why the president would say what he did if he was just in a conversation with someone in a private setting, but, he went on national t.v. with as he says it "through the roof ratings" and told that this thing was working. Very promising. Etc. Not once, but a few times. Each time his experts had to come behind him and correct him, all the way until he literally stopped them from doing it. Now there are legitimate health concerns for people that absolutely need the drug, and it is proven for their ailments. He's got 330+ million people to look after. Actually he created a worldwide shortage, but, just speaking solely to he is absolutely responsible for. 

He has a much bigger ship than that navy guy that got fired. People agree with the removal of the navy guy, but would argue until forever there was nothing wrong with the president making errors. 

So this whole thing for you is about Trump? If Trump hadn’t said anything and Drs were saying it worked you would be fine? You do realize because Trump did tout it people here in America even a Dem are praising Trump?

Try taking trump out of it. Why would politicians and the media be so against the possibility of it working? 

Just now, thc6795 said:

So this whole thing for you is about Trump?

He said that a drug, that wasn't approved, was a game-changer.

Without any tests.

Without any clinical trials.

To any reasonable grown-up, this is highly irresponsible.

But to man-babies like you it's perfectly fine and anybody saying otherwise is just hating on Trump. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Accounts are automatically placed in forbearance. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/advisor/2020/03/26/student-loan-forbearance-in-the-coronavirus-covid-19-stimulus-what-you-need-to-know/amp/

it’s a fallacy to assume CNN tv media is the only source for getting info.  

Bell argue with canes you two are one in the same. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, thc6795 said:

So this whole thing for you is about Trump? If Trump hadn’t said anything and Drs were saying it worked you would be fine? You do realize because Trump did tout it people here in America even a Dem are praising Trump?

Try taking trump out of it. Why would politicians and the media be so against the possibility of it working? 

I wish I could take Trump out of it. He caused an unnecessary and irresponsible run on an unproven drug and now people can't get it for the diseases it was designed for. 

It wouldn't matter if Nancy Pelosi got up there touting the drug, or , anyone else, I would have the same issue. 

It isn't because I either like or dislike Trump, it's because what he did was asinine. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Bell argue with canes you two are one in the same. 

But I’m giving you facts.  I try to post without a lot of emotion and bias so my viewpoint isn’t as clouded.  

You were gung-ho that CNN not showing his press conferences was disabling Americans from knowing the facts.  Who told you that Foxnews? 

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I wish I could take Trump out of it. He caused an unnecessary and irresponsible run on an unproven drug and now people can't get it for the diseases it was designed for. 

It wouldn't matter if Nancy Pelosi got up there touting the drug, or , anyone else, I would have the same issue. 

It isn't because I either like or dislike Trump, it's because what he did was asinine. 

ok but why are so many politicians and the media so against the possibility of it working?