FDA just approved chloroquine

thc6795

Given the gravity of the situation in places like NYC and NOLA,  I'm struggling to understand the resistance to the use of hydroxychloroquine - at very least for those with mild severity and worse symptoms.  We do have small study and anecdotal evidence that this drug can be effective (apparently in conjunction with azythromycin and zinc). Sure, like any drug it can have some side effects. That's why it should be left to doctor's to decide.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, concha said:

Given the gravity of the situation in places like NYC and NOLA,  I'm struggling to understand the resistance to the use of hydroxychloroquine - at very least for those wild mild severity and worse symptoms.  We do have small study and anecdotal evidence that this drug can be effective (apparently in conjunction with azythromycin and zinc). Sure, like any drug it can have some side effects. That's why it should be left to doctor's to decide.

Coumo is using it now, not sure about Nola. The only reason there is any resistance is becaue Trump touted it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, concha said:

Given the gravity of the situation in places like NYC and NOLA,  I'm struggling to understand the resistance to the use of hydroxychloroquine - 

March 19

https://www.wwltv.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/new-orleans-area-hospitals-using-hydroxychloroquine/289-c06de380-355f-492f-a507-7cf2b24770dd

New Orleans area hospitals use hydroxychloroquine to treat COVID-19

Dr. Clement said local results have been variable, but they have been promising elsewhere.

Just now, Horsefly said:

I don’t know who brings up trump more, the left or the right.  I’m leaning more towards that the right does. 

If trump would have said fuck chloroquine, we have protocols, I dont care what the Drs are saying. The media, the dems,  would be all over him. Demanding to use it and you would be leading the charge.

Easy to be in the media today. Whatever Trump says your against it. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RedZone said:

March 19

https://www.wwltv.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/new-orleans-area-hospitals-using-hydroxychloroquine/289-c06de380-355f-492f-a507-7cf2b24770dd

New Orleans area hospitals use hydroxychloroquine to treat COVID-19

Dr. Clement said local results have been variable, but they have been promising elsewhere.

var·i·a·ble

/ˈverēəb(ə)l/

not consistent or having a fixed pattern; liable to change.

For the trumpers...no thanks needed or wanted.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

If trump would have said fuck chloroquine, we have protocols, I dont care what the Drs are saying. The media, the dems,  would be all over him. Demanding to use it and you would be leading the charge.

Easy to be in the media today. Whatever Trump says your against it. 

Ok THC.   It’s world against donald trump 24/7/365  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RedZone said:

var·i·a·ble

/ˈverēəb(ə)l/

not consistent or having a fixed pattern; liable to change.

For the trumpers...no thanks needed or wanted.

Just like most people with any sense have said... It is not a miracle that Trump shat from his ass with a thunderous boom. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Just like most people with any sense have said... It is not a miracle that Trump shat from his ass with a thunderous boom. 

I'm on record saying a month ago I HOPED the orange doctor man was RIGHT...

Feeling about the same today, still hoping as he is.........we are using it and other drugs as well. 

We do HAVE some smart people down here.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, concha said:

Given the gravity of the situation in places like NYC and NOLA,  I'm struggling to understand the resistance to the use of hydroxychloroquine - at very least for those wild mild severity and worse symptoms.  We do have small study and anecdotal evidence that this drug can be effective (apparently in conjunction with azythromycin and zinc). Sure, like any drug it can have some side effects. That's why it should be left to doctor's to decide....tell Trump that.

4 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Feeling about the same today, still hoping as he is.........we are using it and other drugs as well. 

I'm all for using it. Especially in dire situations. And, as we know, the FDA did give it an emergency pass to be used immediately and studied along the way.  

It may be like Tamiflu or something really only be most effective within 2 days of getting infected or whatever. Or it may just be placebo effect. 

If it's like Tamiflu we are in deep doo doo because we still aren't testing everyone, or able to identify the infection I two days really due to incubation. 

It's interesting that it appears to work sometimes and other times not so much. Makes it seem like placebo effect more than actual therapeutics.

13 minutes ago, RedZone said:

we ALL hoped he was right when he told us... "it's 15 cases now soon to be down to XERO"..DJT..:$

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

In THCs world if you’re not for trump you’re a lib It’s those two choices ONLY.  😂 

I call a spade a spade Bell. Show me one of you libs here that support Trump. This is all you guys do is spend day after day bashing trump. You watch his briefs just so you can come here and bitch about him. Then YOU will say "I gave him credit for this or that" and claim you support him.

As for media? It has been proven over and over they are against Trump. 90% of media report negative towards Trump. Media at an all-time low in trustworthiness. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thc6795 said:

I call a spade a spade Bell. Show me one of you libs here that support Trump. This is all you guys do is spend day after day bashing trump. You watch his briefs just so you can come here and bitch about him. Then YOU will say "I gave him credit for this or that" and claim you support him.

As for media? It has been proven over and over they are against Trump. 90% of media report negative towards Trump. Media at an all-time low in trustworthiness. 

Support of him or not has nothing to do with our political beliefs.  Many of you throw around “liberal” loosely to just define someone who opposes trump.

By definition do you know what is a liberal?

25 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm all for using it. Especially in dire situations. And, as we know, the FDA did give it an emergency pass to be used immediately and studied along the way.  

It may be like Tamiflu or something really only be most effective within 2 days of getting infected or whatever. Or it may just be placebo effect. 

If it's like Tamiflu we are in deep doo doo because we still aren't testing everyone, or able to identify the infection I two days really due to incubation. 

It's interesting that it appears to work sometimes and other times not so much. Makes it seem like placebo effect more than actual therapeutics.

The information coming out (small study, anecdotal) that it is effective for those already suffering symptoms.

1 minute ago, concha said:

The information coming out (small study, anecdotal) that it is effective for those already suffering symptoms.

It's also very effective for those who own stock in the company that produces it....like our Pres...their "Salesman of the Year"...:$