Best player in your school or areas history

Ga96

11 hours ago, MTP28 said:

Agreed, vision, instincts, confidence and most important heart. Unlimited potential with better choices. Playing in CFL

On top of that his brother who alot of people i know will tell you is the better of the 2. They both should have been in the nfl. They had too much of their dad in them though which lead to trouble. 

4 hours ago, Ga96 said:

On top of that his brother who alot of people i know will tell you is the better of the 2. They both should have been in the nfl. They had too much of their dad in them though which lead to trouble. 

I went to that game and had no problems with how the players acted they were being cheated out of a win and their sorry ass coach did nothing to help them so thkey tried to do what they felt was right. There's a reason that full game isn't up anywhere. The refs clearly cheated I seen them walk grayson to first down after first down trying to help them as much as possible. Lost my respect for our sorry coach that night.

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Ga96 said:

I went to that game and had no problems with how the players acted they were being cheated out of a win and their sorry ass coach did nothing to help them so thkey tried to do what they felt was right. There's a reason that full game isn't up anywhere. The refs clearly cheated I seen them walk grayson to first down after first down trying to help them as much as possible. Lost my respect for our sorry coach that night.

Gotta suck to ALWAYS be the best team and continually get screwed by errrrbody. Or.......

gotta suck to constantly make excuses for not only losses, but your teams players acting like punks. 

12 hours ago, Fred said:

You left out temper and lack of self control.

Well Fred unfortunately we all have flaws. He certainly is / was a talented young man. My understanding is he now plays in the CFL after doing well in arena football for several years. He has paid a big price for his lack of discipline. Hopefully he can continue to play the game he has enjoyed since a youth.

7 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

Gotta suck to ALWAYS be the best team and continually get screwed by errrrbody. Or.......

gotta suck to constantly make excuses for not only losses, but your teams players acting like punks. 

Or it’s gotta Suck to be Sweet Larry hence your name. Just saying!

13 hours ago, Ga96 said:

Yes heard the same. In most cases you will find that the ones that reach this level are even less talented than others that never keep it together long enough to demonstrate their talent.

11 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

For those of us not in the know, what all happened in this game?

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, MTP28 said:

Well Fred unfortunately we all have flaws. He certainly is / was a talented young man. My understanding is he now plays in the CFL after doing well in arena football for several years. He has paid a big price for his lack of discipline. Hopefully he can continue to play the game he has enjoyed since a youth.

At almost every level from high school on his temper and anger control issues have cost him.  It is a shame.

On 4/5/2020 at 10:33 PM, Ga96 said:

Whaa, whaa, whaa.  Want some cheese with that whine?  I was there as well.  Seems like the S Ga go to complaint is *always* bad officiating.  Always!  I watched the videos and for the longest time no Lowndes coach did anything.  The Grayson coaches and the Gwinnett PD/Sheriff did more to break it up than any Lowndes person.  The Grayson offense was coming onto the field on the turnover and as soon as they heard our coaches they turned around and got off the field.  Do you remember the Lowndes player going after the Grayson player that kept backing up so as not to get into a fight?  He backed up 40-50 yards before the Lowndes player was finally pulled off.

Glad to hear you had no problem with them acting out and starting fights.  Shows about how much integrity you have.  I hope you don't have a leadership position among the youth if that's what you believe.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fred said:

At almost every level from high school on his temper and anger control issues have cost him.  It is a shame.

Not sure I would agree with that due to the fact the CFL is an upgrade from Arena Football. While we agree that it is / was a shame for this young man continuing to belittle someone that has overcome ( to some degree) his past issues 13 years ago is rather negative in nature and questions ones reasons. I have spoken to this young man years ago  and pointed out that time, talent, and opportunity wait for no one. 

4 hours ago, Fred said:

Whaa, whaa, whaa.  Want some cheese with that whine?  I was there as well.  Seems like the S Ga go to complaint is *always* bad officiating.  Always!  I watched the videos and for the longest time no Lowndes coach did anything.  The Grayson coaches and the Gwinnett PD/Sheriff did more to break it up than any Lowndes person.  The Grayson offense was coming onto the field on the turnover and as soon as they heard our coaches they turned around and got off the field.  Do you remember the Lowndes player going after the Grayson player that kept backing up so as not to get into a fight?  He backed up 40-50 yards before the Lowndes player was finally pulled off.

Glad to hear you had no problem with them acting out and starting fights.  Shows about how much integrity you have.  I hope you don't have a leadership position among the youth if that's what you believe.

So speaking of character and behavioral issues with Grayson players I’d lay that stone on the ground because there’s ample proof of several on that team that failed in the character area. With you being such a prominent Grayson fan / father please start your recollection process in that area. And while your at it that ass still hurt from that last Viking ass whooping you observed as a keen observer? 

16 hours ago, MTP28 said:

So speaking of character and behavioral issues with Grayson players I’d lay that stone on the ground because there’s ample proof of several on that team that failed in the character area. With you being such a prominent Grayson fan / father please start your recollection process in that area. And while your at it that ass still hurt from that last Viking ass whooping you observed as a keen observer? 

Oh I agree that there were Grayson players that were aggravating things.  Doing the Gator chomp in front of the Lowndes bench when Reid was contained while funny at one level was uncalled for and I've said as much.  All of the trash talking Lowndes had been doing all week boomeranged.  I do see a difference between various forms of trash talking (including gestures) and swinging fists.  I also noted that when the fight started, Grayson players didn't rush the field unlike many Lowndes players.

Nice attempt to deflect from the subject.  The last game between us has zero to do with the subject at hand.  Interesting that you call an 8 point loss an "ass whooping" when that game could very well have gone the other way.  By your definition of ass whooping, @Sweetlarry is right about Marietta whooping Lowndes' ass.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, MTP28 said:

Not sure I would agree with that due to the fact the CFL is an upgrade from Arena Football. While we agree that it is / was a shame for this young man continuing to belittle someone that has overcome ( to some degree) his past issues 13 years ago is rather negative in nature and questions ones reasons. I have spoken to this young man years ago  and pointed out that time, talent, and opportunity wait for no one. 

I've gone back and reread all of our posts on this.  The topic is the best players in your area that didn't make it to the NFL.  You brought up Reid and spoke of his virtues.  I commented that his temper kept him back at almost all levels and its was a shame.  There is no denying his temper and the issues from that held him back.  It was and is a simple statement of fact that points out a reason why he isn't in the NFL.  Your sensitivity to anything negative towards Lowndes means you are trying to read something into this that doesn't exist.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2020 at 11:08 PM, Nolebull813 said:

Torrey Davis was a 5 star stud from Armwood who almost made it. There are probably more 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torrey_Davis

He definitely came to my mind (although he's a Tampa area guy).     When he played he was NASTY.   Too many off the field issues unfortunately.  I'll always remember the two big goal line tackles in the national championship game though.  

• Like 1