So Texas is going to reopen for business....

RedZone

1 hour ago, thc6795 said:

This is insane. I thought it was a joke too when I heard about this earlier today. This is how shit goes bad. We've got a few "elitists" calling the shots, a corrupt and complicit media, and people who believe everything that they read and hear. And vwalla! We've got our civil liberties reduced to being quarantined when we're not even sick. Thankfully, sounds like there's many citizens in MI who aren't going out like that. If ANY place knows how precarious the job/unemployment situation is it would be MI. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Fucking hissy fit over seeds, social distancing for the common good in the interim. 

Granted I don’t get the seeds and flowers but to go meltdown....

Projecting into something that hasn’t happened, yet. 

I dunno, and I am not the trusting type. 

BGW

Yep!  I read the executive order, stores do restrict the sell of non essential goods to enforce people only going out for food and medicine.  
this is a good, emotion free, article on the issue. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.detroitnews.com/amp/5131283002

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Yep!  I read the executive order, stores do restrict the sell of non essential goods to enforce people only going out for food and medicine.  
this is a good, emotion free, article on the issue. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.detroitnews.com/amp/5131283002

Damn, that's a tough one.

Thanks,

BGW

4 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Fucking hissy fit over seeds, social distancing for the common good in the interim. 

Granted I don’t get the seeds and flowers but to go meltdown....

Projecting into something that hasn’t happened, yet. 

I dunno, and I am not the trusting type. 

BGW

It is not the "seeds" it is the control man. They are doing this because of a virus that doesn’t kill people. Look how easy they have taken basic freedoms from us. All in the name of protecting us. protecting us from what? A virus that doesn't kill as many people as the flu does. Come on man, this virus isn’t a death sentence. Far from it. 

• Thanks 1

This virus does kill people. Man, it's tough talking about this thing to people that can't see 10 ft in front of their own face. 

Depending on demographics, age etc., this thing is killing some people more than others. I keep going back to my local hot spot, and undersrand that without knowing the extent of the actual infection numbers due to lack of testing, that, Albany Georgia's outbreak has around a 3 percent death rate. Applied to 330 million  that could get as high as over 9 million people. 

It is killing people. It is a death sentence for some. To say it's not a death sentence is really like a disconnect from reality. 

Again, we only need to look to 1918 to understand. It's not even hard. The write ups are out there. 6 to 12 weeks. There will likely be somewhat of a second wave, and depending on how well it is dealt with could lead to another period of social distancing. All while we wait on the vaccine. The 1918 infection didn't end until 1920, but, had distinct peaks in rates during which times these same social distancing measures were implemented. 

Now, if you want to say this thing isn't the doomsday scenario, then I think we can agree on that, but, it damn sure is a death sentence for many. Damn sure. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

This virus does kill people. Man, it's tough talking about this thing to people that can't see 10 ft in front of their own face. 

Depending on demographics, age etc., this thing is killing some people more than others. I keep going back to my local hot spot, and undersrand that without knowing the extent of the actual infection numbers due to lack of testing, that, Albany Georgia's outbreak has around a 3 percent death rate. Applied to 330 million  that could get as high as over 9 million people. 

It is killing people. It is a death sentence for some. To say it's not a death sentence is really like a disconnect from reality. 

Again, we only need to look to 1918 to understand. It's not even hard. The write ups are out there. 6 to 12 weeks. There will likely be somewhat of a second wave, and depending on how well it is dealt with could lead to another period of social distancing. All while we wait on the vaccine. The 1918 infection didn't end until 1920, but, had distinct peaks in rates during which times these same social distancing measures were implemented. 

Now, if you want to say this thing isn't the doomsday scenario, then I think we can agree on that, but, it damn sure is a death sentence for many. Damn sure. 

Bro more people die from the common flu. We were told millions were going to die...nope. Then we were told 100's of thousands were going to die here in America...nope. I get over 20k have died.Or they tell us over 20k have died from Wuhan. We really dont know how many because if you have a cough and die of a heart attack they say it was the Wuhan. However almost 99% of the people who catch it survive. I'm not trying to down play those that have died. It sucks, death sucks, but we are all headed that direction. 

They have scared us into believing millions were going to die. every two weeks we here the "next two weeks" will be devastating. It never happens. In the meantime basic freedoms are taken inch by inch. Until before you know it you cant buy vegetable seeds, you cant board a bus without a mask. You can't go to church, you can't run ALONE on a beach. You can't go to the park with your daughter to play catch. You cant go to a gym, you cant go to a movie. Hell in Michigan you cant even go see a relative. These are basics every day rights we have freely given up.

• Like 1

I've been trying to read on this about seeds and plants. Idk, I can't speak to what they're thinking, but I read numerous stories trying to tell me what everyone else thinks. 

It apparently was intended to stop landscaping nurseries and that type of activity. The issue is that people are confused as to whether they want you to not have a garden. I don't think that was the intention but, hell, idk. I can see not wanting 50,000 square foot nursery facilities open for public shopping though. I can't see how you can tell Costco or Walmart not to sell dry seeds though. Or even tomato plants or whatever. 

This is a part of the issue with the response in this country so far. No really centralized decisions, just a continuing hodge podge of different governors and municipalities reading the CDC suggestions and taking them different ways to different extents and etc. It's all pretty shitty, but, it is what it is right now. That's how I'm having to look at it anyway. It is what it is. The intentions are for the common good, it isn't over having some boner for having extra control. 

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I've been trying to read on this about seeds and plants. Idk, I can't speak to what they're thinking, but I read numerous stories trying to tell me what everyone else thinks. 

It apparently was intended to stop landscaping nurseries and that type of activity. The issue is that people are confused as to whether they want you to not have a garden. I don't think that was the intention but, hell, idk. I can see not wanting 50,000 square foot nursery facilities open for public shopping though. I can't see how you can tell Costco or Walmart not to sell dry seeds though. Or even tomato plants or whatever. 

This is a part of the issue with the response in this country so far. No really centralized decisions, just a continuing hodge podge of different governors and municipalities reading the CDC suggestions and taking them different ways to different extents and etc. It's all pretty shitty, but, it is what it is right now. That's how I'm having to look at it anyway. It is what it is. The intentions are for the common good, it isn't over having some boner for having extra control. 

Common good for what? A virus that 99% of the people who catch it survive? Look at the data, look how many people around the world and here in the US died during the first three months of H1N1. It was a hell of a lot more then 21K. Did we shut down America? 

7 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

every two weeks we here the "next two weeks" will be devastating. It never happens. 

The only consistent thing here is that you keep saying this and you're always wrong.

10c9bfb33e9aa3a40987d50548af18ed448ae745.png

Last week (Monday to Sunday) saw over 12,000 deaths. So 52% of all deaths happened last week.

When the experts said last week would be the worst, they were absolutely correct. But you'll keep lying about it because you're a dumb and dishonest turd.

6 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Bro more people die from the common flu. We were told millions were going to die...nope. Then we were told 100's of thousands were going to die here in America...nope. I get over 20k have died.Or they tell us over 20k have died from Wuhan. We really dont know how many because if you have a cough and die of a heart attack they say it was the Wuhan. However almost 99% of the people who catch it survive. I'm not trying to down play those that have died. It sucks, death sucks, but we are all headed that direction. 

They have scared us into believing millions were going to die. every two weeks we here the "next two weeks" will be devastating. It never happens. In the meantime basic freedoms are taken inch by inch. Until before you know it you cant buy vegetable seeds, you cant board a bus without a mask. You can't go to church, you can't run ALONE on a beach. You can't go to the park with your daughter to play catch. You cant go to a gym, you cant go to a movie. Hell in Michigan you cant even go see a relative. These are basics every day rights we have freely given up.

It could have and possibly would have killed many more people if not for some of the actions we've seen taken. 

They have 700+ people each day dying on ventilators from complications due to covid 19 in New York. It could be 2000. 

In my little town we have over 100 positive cases with 6 deaths to date, and over 200 outstanding tests awaiting results. The hospital website says the test result returns have slowed tremendously again, so, basically we still have no idea what is really happening with infection rates. I think they concentrate testing and getting results back more heavily in hot spots. I live in a pretty rural area so we are able to social distance and stop the spread a bit easier than in metro areas. 

We also aren't being able to account for people that are dying at home from potential complications from this virus in the tally yet. In places like New York, they may never be able to, because of inability to process so many dead. 

4 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Look at the data, look how many people around the world and here in the US died during the first three months of H1N1. It was a hell of a lot more then 21K. Did we shut down America? 

Only 12,000 people, total, died from H1N1 in the United States.

Over an entire year.

Have you said one single thing that is true? Ever?

5 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Common good for what? A virus that 99% of the people who catch it survive? Look at the data, look how many people around the world and here in the US died during the first three months of H1N1. It was a hell of a lot more then 21K. Did we shut down America? 

99% plus 3% doesn't add up. I gave an example that is 30 miles from my house. Albany Georgia has a death rate hovering around 3%. If that got applied to 330 million it computes to almost 10 million dead. 

The only thing keeping it from being that 3% number nationwide, is vast rural areas and the measures we have in place. That's the best I can explain it. So, yes, for the common good. 

They did it in 1918. We are doing it in 2020. Both times it was for the common good. To save countless lives. 

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It could have and possibly would have killed many more people if not for some of the actions we've seen taken. 

They have 700+ people each day dying on ventilators from complications due to covid 19 in New York. It could be 2000. 

In my little town we have over 100 positive cases with 6 deaths to date, and over 200 outstanding tests awaiting results. The hospital website says the test result returns have slowed tremendously again, so, basically we still have no idea what is really happening with infection rates. I think they concentrate testing and getting results back more heavily in hot spots. I live in a pretty rural area so we are able to social distance and stop the spread a bit easier than in metro areas. 

We also aren't being able to account for people that are dying at home from potential complications from this virus in the tally yet. In places like New York, they may never be able to, because of inability to process so many dead. 

It could, it may. Bro every chart they showed us was wrong. Did you know the death projections had social distance factored in. It is not like they were off by a little bit, they missed by millions.

if social distance is a must how do you explain Japan? 

I have a friend that last week said we should just go around and open all the nursing homes windows and let this thing do what it will do and be shut of it. 

Today we talked and he's just now coming around to it's a Wuhan biological weapon released/escaped. And he's just starting to accept the real impact on economic futures and social futures. 

It seems like everyone is on differing levels of realization and coming to terms with it all in waves. Idk. I admit to not liking having to give up some freedoms, but, I know I'm getting them back even if I have to take them back hy force, so, to that end, I'm ok with the trade off to save lives. I don't believe for one minute that I'll need to take up arms to reinstate my rights I have given up for a month though. 

10 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Did you know the death projections had social distance factored in.

Another lie.

Coronavirus models aren't supposed be right

Things changed swiftly after an epidemiological model from Imperial College London projected that without drastic interventions, more than half a million Britons would die from COVID-19. The report also projected more than 2 million deaths in the United States, again barring interventions.