So Texas is going to reopen for business....

RedZone

19 minutes ago, concha said:

Noted that you pick probably the most left-wing of all the major UK dailies.

Nobody is shocked.

Nor should anyone be shocked. I have never hidden my political and economic beliefs from anyone. On the contrary, I have defended them with cogent arguments grounded in fact. But facts are an inconvenience for people like you. No, you are an ideologue and anything that gets in the way is to be ignored at best, or beaten down if the former does not work.

5 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Nor should anyone be shocked. I have never hidden my political and economic beliefs from anyone. On the contrary, I have defended them with cogent arguments grounded in fact. But facts are an inconvenience for people like you. No, you are an ideologue and anything that gets in the way is to be ignored at best, or beaten down if the former does not work.

Yeah. I never post facts.  🤡

You haven't fared very well debating me, Sport. There's a fact for you.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Facts who's facts? You refuse to even consider the right side of the argument. In your world everything Trump bad, everything against Trump good. 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, concha said:

Yeah. I never post facts.  🤡

You haven't fared very well debating me, Sport. There's a fact for you.

Actually that is patently false. I joined this board because of you after lurking for about a year. I joined because of the controversy surrounding Old Rabid One. Some, including you, wanted to ban him for his racist posts. I was particularly intrigued by your justification. Perhaps you remember what you said, perhaps not. I will be so kind as to refresh your memory: You wanted to attract quality posters to the board. You were concerned that individuals like Rab would drive them away. Perhaps because they would be repulsed? Maybe some other reason? What I found fascinating was nowhere in your argument did you address the repulsiveness of Rab's position. No it was about the perception potential joinees would have. That right there told me who you were. But for humor I decided to engage you in debate. 

The debate was an economic one. It had to do with Keynesian Economics versus Supply Side Economics. After beating you into the ground you took a time out to gather your thoughts. You took more than a day to return. In the meantime all hell had broken loose on the board. At that stage I saw the board for what it was. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

In your world Trump is GOD! No rational person can debate those who hold such an opinion. 

There is only ONE god. Ive said many times i didnt vote for Trump the first time. Bet your ass I will this time. You pathetic dems pushed me and many others away from your mind control party. 

BTW great job coming up with Biden. First killiary now Biden. You dumb fucks put Trump in office. Look in a mirror and slap yourself. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Actually that is patently false. I joined this board because of you after lurking for about a year. I joined because of the controversy surrounding Old Rabid One. Some, including you, wanted to ban him for his racist posts. I was particularly intrigued by your justification. Perhaps you remember what you said, perhaps not. I will be so kind as to refresh your memory: You wanted to attract quality posters to the board. You were concerned that individuals like Rab would drive them away. Perhaps because they would be repulsed? Maybe some other reason? What I found fascinating was nowhere in your argument did you address the repulsiveness of Rab's position. No it was about the perception potential joinees would have. That right there told me who you were. But for humor I decided to engage you in debate. 

The debate was an economic one. It had to do with Keynesian Economics versus Supply Side Economics. After beating you into the ground you took a time out to gather your thoughts. You took more than a day to return. In the meantime all hell had broken loose on the board. At that stage I saw the board for what it was. 

It appears I am much more important to you than you are to me.

I don't remember your claimed victory, and will take such claim with more than a grain of salt. As I do your take on just about everything.

You took a shot at me recently claiming I was pushing for getting the economy going with some kind of "damn the torpedoes" recklessness.  Of course, you misrepresented what I did and then you slinked away from addressing the key points of my response.

I see you for who YOU are.

26 minutes ago, concha said:

Prove me wrong.

Now that sounds like fun. You'd like me to argue with you regarding who won your argument between you and someone else, where by the way, you again elected to crown yourself the victor? No thanks...I have a sneaking suspicion how you'd end up scoring our interaction.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Now that sounds like fun. You'd like me to argue with you regarding who won your argument between you and someone else, where by the way, you again elected to crown yourself the victor? No thanks...I have a sneaking suspicion how you'd end up scoring our interaction.

As most folks tend to do.

8 hours ago, thc6795 said:

Exactly, You must think like they think, you must act like they act or else. They give up every day rights easy, like it is nothing. They live scared in their little worlds. Go along with the flock. How dare anyone say we need to open America back up. 

Every model these fucking clowns have come up have been wrong. 2 million will die. Nope. 200k will die...NOPE. 100k will die...nope. 89k will die...nope. The flu has killed more people but the sheep don’t want to hear this. Meanwhile DRs and nurses are being furloughed or laid off because they don’t have work. Hospitals the Army Corp's built are being torn down because they haven’t seen ONE patient. 

Pneumonia deaths have reduced the last 2 months. Death by heart attack have reduced. Death by the flu have reduced. Why because they need as many people dying from the Wuhan as they can. Keeps the sheep scared.

Seriously, when Texas opens back up. Stay home. Lines suck. It will be nice to go eat without having to wait. It will be nice going to a movie without waiting. And driving has been great. So please stay home and blame Trump for the evil world you live in.   

Compelling argument except for the political angle.

If so, if this is right, why is the rest of the world exercising social distancing and staY home measures?

That many can't be wrong.

BGW

59 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Compelling argument except for the political angle.

If so, if this is right, why is the rest of the world exercising social distancing and staY home measures?

That many can't be wrong.

BGW

The world has been wrong from the get go. IMO this was again a fuck up by China. China refused to provide accurate data. So it's been a guessing game from day one. 

It's been the perfect storm.  Pandemic happens, Trump at war with media. China not providing information. The shit just blew up. Look what happened. The world basically shut down. Except for places like Japan. They didn't shut down. People have noticed. So guess what's happening. MEDIA stories claiming Japan is supposedly seeing a massive spread. Japan comes out and says they aren't going to do mass lick down. Russia another country although we can't trust Russia. 

I think now China is just sitting back with a huge smile on their face. I think this was a test and a very successful test.

In 1990 we went to Kuwait not to liberate Kuwait. It was practice for the day we decided to invade Iraq.

This was a practice run for China.

1 hour ago, thc6795 said:

The world has been wrong from the get go. IMO this was again a fuck up by China. China refused to provide accurate data. So it's been a guessing game from day one. 

It's been the perfect storm.  Pandemic happens, Trump at war with media. China not providing information. The shit just blew up. Look what happened. The world basically shut down. Except for places like Japan. They didn't shut down. People have noticed. So guess what's happening. MEDIA stories claiming Japan is supposedly seeing a massive spread. Japan comes out and says they aren't going to do mass lick down. Russia another country although we can't trust Russia. 

I think now China is just sitting back with a huge smile on their face. I think this was a test and a very successful test.

In 1990 we went to Kuwait not to liberate Kuwait. It was practice for the day we decided to invade Iraq.

This was a practice run for China.

Ok. Stay the fuck away from firearms until we know for sure. 

Okay?

BGW

• Haha 3

Idk. I don't think this was any practice run for any country really, but any country with any intelligence at all is certainly taking notes on everything to do with this all.

How did each and every other country fare. How did they approach it. How well did their governments organize and plan everything? How did the population react? You see their capabilities and organization. You see their actions and reactions. You see if they're weakened or galvanized. All of that. 

Every other country got to see every other country and how they operate and get along for a sure thing. Not a guess or a patchwork of information about how they may act or react, but, this isn't a drill, full on how they are going to do shit straight up. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Idk. I don't think this was any practice run for any country really, but any country with any intelligence at all is certainly taking notes on everything to do with this all.

How did each and every other country fare. How did they approach it. How well did their governments organize and plan everything? How did the population react? You see their capabilities and organization. You see their actions and reactions. You see if they're weakened or galvanized. All of that. 

Every other country got to see every other country and how they operate and get along for a sure thing. Not a guess or a patchwork of information about how they may act or react, but, this isn't a drill, full on how they are going to do shit straight up. 

IMO Americans showed them what pussies we are. Our claim to fame has been our fight. We fight like hell for our rights and freedoms. You will have to kill us to take them.

In less than three months people are afraid to go outside. Simple freedoms of choosing what barber you want to go to are gone. People are fighting in isles over fucking shit paper. 

All this over a Virus that over 98% survive. It's pathetic really.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, concha said:

It appears I am much more important to you than you are to me.

I don't remember your claimed victory, and will take such claim with more than a grain of salt. As I do your take on just about everything.

You took a shot at me recently claiming I was pushing for getting the economy going with some kind of "damn the torpedoes" recklessness.  Of course, you misrepresented what I did and then you slinked away from addressing the key points of my response.

I see you for who YOU are.

No, I just have a better memory than you do. In fact, I would venture to say I am in every way your intellectual superior. Chew on that sport!

I, too, see you for what you are. A little may who whiles away his time on an off topic message board. 

Pathetic!

5 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

IMO Americans showed them what pussies we are. Our claim to fame has been our fight. We fight like hell for our rights and freedoms. You will have to kill us to take them.

In less than three months people are afraid to go outside. Simple freedoms of choosing what barber you want to go to are gone. People are fighting in isles over fucking shit paper. 

All this over a Virus that over 98% survive. It's pathetic really.

I agree we have shown how weak we are, as if they didn't already know how to divide and push our buttons enough already. 

I still disagree with the assessment that going to mandates for social distancing is/was bad. We could have done it earlier on in the ordeal and maybe squashed it much quicker with less damage economically and in death toll. It's the push back to doing what makes the most sense for the whole in this ordeal that has caused it to need to go on longer really. 

I think we are extremely lucky at this point that this thing hasn't turned out to be as lethal as 1918, but, I also think that being informed to some extent earlier than the people were in 1918 due to how accessible news is now compared to back then could have been a game changer overall, even in spite of the naysayers. 

We only need to look at the 1918 response and understand the importance of what has happened here. The government didn't steal away rights, no more than they have now, and the even bigger picture shows that any voluntary forfeiting of certain freedoms only lasted for the 6 to 12 weeks that the different areas mandated them. 

Don't get me wrong, I hate having to give any right up, even knowing I'll get it back as soon as we've collectively get beyond the need for those forfeitures. I just see the importance of saving as many people as we can. I'm not so selfish that I'd see people dead for something I know is very temporary. This isn't like a foreign government coming is and forever removing your freedom to go to the next town or whatever. This is the time for common good above all else. 

I'll take up arms later if they try to withhold those rights after we've gotten beyond this health challenge. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

No, I just have a better memory than you do. In fact, I would venture to say I am in every way your intellectual superior. Chew on that sport!

I, too, see you for what you are. A little may who whiles away his time on an off topic message board. 

Pathetic!

You venture to be really fucking wrong.

Truth.

19 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I agree we have shown how weak we are, as if they didn't already know how to divide and push our buttons enough already. 

I still disagree with the assessment that going to mandates for social distancing is/was bad. We could have done it earlier on in the ordeal and maybe squashed it much quicker with less damage economically and in death toll. It's the push back to doing what makes the most sense for the whole in this ordeal that has caused it to need to go on longer really. 

I think we are extremely lucky at this point that this thing hasn't turned out to be as lethal as 1918, but, I also think that being informed to some extent earlier than the people were in 1918 due to how accessible news is now compared to back then could have been a game changer overall, even in spite of the naysayers. 

We only need to look at the 1918 response and understand the importance of what has happened here. The government didn't steal away rights, no more than they have now, and the even bigger picture shows that any voluntary forfeiting of certain freedoms only lasted for the 6 to 12 weeks that the different areas mandated them. 

Don't get me wrong, I hate having to give any right up, even knowing I'll get it back as soon as we've collectively get beyond the need for those forfeitures. I just see the importance of saving as many people as we can. I'm not so selfish that I'd see people dead for something I know is very temporary. This isn't like a foreign government coming is and forever removing your freedom to go to the next town or whatever. This is the time for common good above all else. 

I'll take up arms later if they try to withhold those rights after we've gotten beyond this health challenge. 

I really want to see your point but I can't. If this was a death sentence I would agree wholeheartedly. But it is not. Almost 99% of the people who catch this live. 

I can almost see giving up rights if it was a death sentence. But to thrown off a bus for not wearing a mask. To be fined 1k just for going to church in your frigging car. To not be able to run alone on a beach. A father can't play catch with his daughter in a park. Because of a virus that nine out of ten people will survive. I just can't see it.

Bro do you know the Gov in Michigan has banned buying flowers or vegetable seeds and the American flag? Seriously bro?

1 hour ago, thc6795 said:

I really want to see your point but I can't. If this was a death sentence I would agree wholeheartedly. But it is not. Almost 99% of the people who catch this live. 

I can almost see giving up rights if it was a death sentence. But to thrown off a bus for not wearing a mask. To be fined 1k just for going to church in your frigging car. To not be able to run alone on a beach. A father can't play catch with his daughter in a park. Because of a virus that nine out of ten people will survive. I just can't see it.

Bro do you know the Gov in Michigan has banned buying flowers or vegetable seeds and the American flag? Seriously bro?

I don't believe any governor in the USA has banned buying flags man. Not buying that at all. Can't see banning seeds or flowers either. Just not buying whatever that is. 

18 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I don't believe any governor in the USA has banned buying flags man. Not buying that at all. Can't see banning seeds or flowers either. Just not buying whatever that is. 

Here bro

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://amp.dailycaller.com/2020/04/11/gretchen-whitmer-gardening-seeds-non-essential&ved=2ahUKEwjFzrmJ_uboAhULP60KHUOADQkQ0PADMAF6BAgJEAo&usg=AOvVaw22weZakXXoCSufOPmMcqIy&ampcf=1