Republicans doing well in special elections

Bormio

Not only CA-25, now 3 city council seats in the Democrat-leaning city of Staunton, Virginia - despite the Democrat incumbents doubling their 2016 vote totals.  Guns apparently the issue - which is good news for the GOP in the Rust Belt, where guns are extremely popular.  If the GOP is flipping blue seats in Virginia, I think a repeat of 2016 may well occur.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bormio said:

Not only CA-25, now 3 city council seats in the Democrat-leaning city of Staunton, Virginia - despite the Democrat incumbents doubling their 2016 vote totals.  Guns apparently the issue - which is good news for the GOP in the Rust Belt, where guns are extremely popular.  If the GOP is flipping blue seats in Virginia, I think a repeat of 2016 may well occur.

I'm not sure if you're more clueless about medicine or politics.

It's close.

• Haha 4

I don't think @Bormio realizes that even if it's 2016 again that the Republicans lost 6 House seats that year.

But it's not likely going to be 2016.

In 2016, the generic ballot polling average at this point in May was D+2.5 give or take. It was basically a statistical dead heat. The Democrats won 6 seats.

The generic ballot polling average right now is D+8 and they actually lead by more now than they did at this time in 2018 (D+5ish).

Trump is also losing two key groups that he won in 2016: people who disliked both candidates and people over 65. Both are polling for Biden by double digits right now.

Using city council elections in Staunton, VA is quite laughable.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

Of course only opinion...no facts to back it up.

👇

Just now, The Guru said:

I don't think @Bormio realizes that even if it's 2016 again that the Republicans lost 6 House seats that year.

But it's not likely going to be 2016.

In 2016, the generic ballot polling average at this point in May was D+2.5 give or take. It was basically a statistical dead heat. The Democrats won 6 seats.

The generic ballot polling average right now is D+8 and they actually lead by more now than they did at this time in 2018 (D+5ish).

Trump is also losing two key groups that he won in 2016: people who disliked both candidates and people over 65. Both are polling for Biden by double digits right now.

Using city council elections in Staunton, VA is quite laughable.

I don't think you realize how stupid @Bormio's facts were.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, Bormio said:

When I get old and outdated I really don't want to be you...

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Bormio said:

He is old and outdated already

True. I usually don't respond to that fucktard, but I'm feeling especially coup'd up and ornery these days thanks to my governor, mayor, and county board of sups violating us like cheap whores. I just chalk up his dumbassery to him just being well...a dumbass. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blueliner said:

True. I usually don't respond to that fucktard, but I'm feeling especially coup'd up and ornery these days thanks to my governor, mayor, and county board of sups violating us like cheap whores. I just chalk up his dumbassery to him just being well...a dumbass. 

Fuck em

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Slotback Right said:

Same thing happened to me in Colorado. Maxchoboian didn't believe me. 

But maybe you could explain how this situation wouldn't happen in a normal environment given that every state already uses absentee ballots in some form?

Millions and millions of votes are already by mail.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Slotback Right said:

Same thing happened to me in Colorado. Maxchoboian didn't believe me. 

I didn't believe that you continually got ballots for kids no longer in your house, for 10 years, after you said you communicated with the county repeatedly, by various methods, over those 10 years, that the individuals no longer lived at your residence. As I said in the earlier thread where we discussed this, I don't disagree it can happen. But I do disagree that it happens after someone notifies the county for 10 years that there is a problem. Likewise, you went on to say in that thread that getting a ballot for someone no longer in your household is probably evidence that everyone who has a deceased family member is getting an extra vote sent to them too. So, I chose not to believe you.

• Thanks 1

On 5/21/2020 at 1:21 PM, Bormio said:

now 3 city council seats in the Democrat-leaning city of Staunton, Virginia

Well, I'm convinced!

You know that old saying "As the city council of Staunton, Virginia goes...so goes the country."

I think Woodrow Wilson said that, might've been Grover Cleveland though; someone fact-check me.

• Haha 2