Best football helmet in America

Sammyswordsman

7 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

My team, St. Paul has defeated Edison, Servite, Amat, Marshall high in consecutive rounds and is in the California State final tomorrow va Aptos.

this is a Twitter poll.  If I post the link could I get your support for St. Paul?  

Winner moves on to the National tourney 

aptos.jpg

Aptos has forfeited by default with that ugly Michigan inspired design.... 

St.Pauls by forfeiture... 

10 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

My team, St. Paul has defeated Edison, Servite, Amat, Marshall high in consecutive rounds and is in the California State final tomorrow va Aptos.

this is a Twitter poll.  If I post the link could I get your support for St. Paul?  

Winner moves on to the National tourney 

aptos.jpg

Go Mariners!!!  That's a sick looking helmet.

4 hours ago, CODBEARD said:

That design has an interesting history.  Many think it was Michigan's first but it was developed by then Princeton head coach and worn by them first. He took it to Michigan when he became coach there.. A former Michigan player when he became the HC of Delaware they went to it..

jbd_blog_wingedhelmet_2

That would be legendary Delaware coach Tubby Raymond. The perfector of the "Delaware Wing T" offense. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/29/2020 at 1:29 PM, legendsofthefall said:

That would be legendary Delaware coach Tubby Raymond. The perfector of the "Delaware Wing T" offense. 

We had those helmets AND ran the wing T. Helmut was Maroon and wings were gold...not a fan IMHO.my favorite was white helmets that said Bosco in Maroon in an arching fashion

• Like 1

On 6/16/2020 at 3:12 PM, Sammyswordsman said:

Here are your winners from each state

Helmet challenge map with helmets.jpg

So who won it for Cali?  If it wasn't Soquel or was it Aptos that was nominated?  Either way they had far and away the sickest helmets.  I had forwarded the pic of the helmet you posted earlier in the thread to Carmel High's AD and told him we need to come up with something better and me and my brothers would cover the costs.  I want to win this next year!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

So who won it for Cali?  If it wasn't Soquel or was it Aptos that was nominated?  Either way they had far and away the sickest helmets.  I had forwarded the pic of the helmet you posted earlier in the thread to Carmel High's AD and told him we need to come up with something better and me and my brothers would cover the costs.  I want to win this next year!!

Yeah, I call shenanigans on this poll. There are lots of better looking helmet designs throughout CA than those two.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

On 6/16/2020 at 10:01 PM, I AM IRONMAN said:

We had those helmets AND ran the wing T. Helmut was Maroon and wings were gold...not a fan IMHO.my favorite was white helmets that said Bosco in Maroon in an arching fashion

Helmut is your leader, you know the “cough, cough” newer version of Hitler. 

Helmets are the topic here. 😝

bgw

• Haha 1

On 6/20/2020 at 9:33 AM, AztecPadre said:

ST Paul won Calif and then beat N.C. and LA. (Loyola Prep Flyin Snoopys)

And is now in the Sweet  16 vs Montana Glascow Scotties 

DF391B0C-7FCE-4110-B54F-344E18747065.png

5C7E4BCA-BBEF-4A6A-A970-EC64FD983F72.png