Paris Accord

aZjimbo

5 hours ago, BigDrop said:

It's already dropped:  the Russian bank and Kushner have different reasons for one of their meetings.  Same bank who financed trump's beauty pageant in Moscow and Kushner now wants to borrow money from. But the Russian bank cannot lend to him while sanctions are in place.

The Russian bank is partly owned by Putin's government.

There's more but it will all be in the press...

they can't know this with their heads buried deep in the sand....denial..

6 hours ago, concha said:

Amazing yet predictable.

All the usual suspects on this board soiling themselves.

Let's spend trillions to maybe influence global temperatures a fraction of a degree over the next century.   

Let's follow the example of the Europeans, the very folks who are currently in the process of committing social and cultural suicide.

Let's believe "scientists" who have been caught manipulating data time and time again - and whose jobs basically depend on coming up with "the right conclusions". Meanwhile, the list of these people's predictions that have face-planted is epic and hilarious to behold.

Yet our pals here on the board act like Trump mandated a high-sulfur coal fire pit be burning 24/7 by every US household.

or lets' be the the third Stooge?...and join Syria and Nicaragura....now we're part of the 3 Stoogies thanks to your boy!!..still "feels great" to be a Conservative...LOL...what a joke..

• Like 1

The mayor of Pittsburgh should STFU and fix his damned city.

Back when the Republicans ran it, it had the highest per capita income levels in the nation, if not world.

It now - after over half a century of liberal rule - looks like a 3rd world hell hole.

Just sayin'.

once AGAIN it's all just about the econony with you....clean air?...only if it's cheaper.....:S..morons

1) They have been caught lying, colluding and manipulating. The list of their laughable prediction failures is pure comedy gold.

2) I don't care who signed it. Is it sensible and good for America? Question BD:  How much do we spend to accomplish what drop in temperature?  How do you even have a clue that the temperature drop would occur given the list of face plants they have provided over the years?

is it good for America??...is that the "America First" B.S. Donny sold you??....how about realizing what most on this PLANET do...the real question is "Is it good for the world we all live in?"...but you keep looking at the bottom line to determine what's "good" and "bad" for us...sad way of looking at things IMO...but I expect nothing less form  a "trickle down" guy like you...

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

As of 5-31, the president's RCP averaged approval rating  was 39% and a 54% disapproval. Then he pulls us from the Paris Accord. Any ideas on which way his approval rating is going to move after this? 

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_trump_job_approval-6179.html

I find it completely mind blowing that 40% of Americans approve of alternate facts, lies, ignorance, and communist embrace. 

1 hour ago, DBP66 said:

is it good for America??...is that the "America First" B.S. Donny sold you??....how about realizing what most on this PLANET do...the real question is "Is it good for the world we all live in?"...but you keep looking at the bottom line to determine what's "good" and "bad" for us...sad way of looking at things IMO...but I expect nothing less form  a "trickle down" guy like you...

Don't worry my upset, infatuated, NY liberal. You'll still be able to hunt and fish as the environment will be fine and the world will not end because of this decision. Sit back.  Relax. Have a toke of medicinal POT and enjoy life.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, noonereal said:

I find it completely mind blowing that 40% of Americans approve of alternate facts, lies, ignorance, and communist embrace. 

I'm sure the Georgia boys are just sitting around waiting for your views. Shoot they may have a contract on you soon!

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

I think he may bottom out at around 35%. 

I think that's the number of folks that will hang on through the drowning.

Image result for drowning cartoon gif

I'm trying to find a blessing/silver lining in the pull out. 

I mean, I suppose that no one says we can't continue on the right path in spite of not being in the accord. Of course, it's difficult to see it that way as we are seeing the systematic cancellation of so many of the  environmental regulations we have. 

So we save the 100 billion investment that's intended to go toward helping along the little guys in the clean energy dept. and maybe we can invest that in new rebates or grants for renewable energy for companies and homes. Doubt that happens, but, hey it's a possible silver lining. 

We could make economic friends with Nicaragua and Syria. Perhaps a new spectacular trade deal on the horizon as we align ourselves with these third world powers. 

Idk... that's all I've got for now. I'll continue looking for a silver lining though. xD

1 hour ago, aZjimbo said:

Don't worry my upset, infatuated, NY liberal. You'll still be able to hunt and fish as the environment will be fine and the world will not end because of this decision. Sit back.  Relax. Have a toke of medicinal POT and enjoy life.

...you seem to know all about and obviously have been smoking a LOT of that  medicinal POT...hummm....must help with the stress Donny has you under..be careful when you go shoot off some rounds later today at your Obama target!..don't want you shooting yourself while you're stoned....

caught a bunch yesterday...;)

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

As of 5-31, the president's RCP averaged approval rating  was 39% and a 54% disapproval. Then he pulls us from the Paris Accord. Any ideas on which way his approval rating is going to move after this? 

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_trump_job_approval-6179.html

not going to budge..at all....the 39% are the hard core Trumpers who Donny described as the ones who would still support him even if he shot someone on 5th Ave....one of the few true things he said!....the one's drunk on Donny's Kool-Aid...Jimmy..Concha..6795 exc...

..in the meantime a majority of Americans know he's nuts....

2 hours ago, noonereal said:

understand, team capitalism here in the USA is testosterone driven. 

What is the effect on the environment if the US stays out of the accord, Nooner?

The accords' targets are voluntary, anyway.

One nice item is that the US is expected to ship $100 billion per year (this amount increasing over time) to poorer countries. Odds this money would be well spent, Nooner?

^^...the coal that gets burnt in the mid-west ends up effecting lakes in New York's Adirondack park...making them sterile due to the acid rain it produces...put away the economics book and open your eyes to the real world...

but he made promises to the coal industry which Mitch McConnell is all about being from coal country...follow the money...

46 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Yes, this is the elite group Trump joined for us.

North Korea is one of the righteous 195.

Think about that.

As is every corrupt, 3rd-world shit hole on the planet.

As is China, an authoritarian nation busy building islands for land grabs and whose government controls what "information" the outside world gets. Supposedly in the first 5 months of 2016, China brought 25 new coal power plants online.

The accords are a feel-good farce.

16 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

...you seem to know all about and obviously have been smoking a LOT of that  medicinal POT...hummm....must help with the stress Donny has you under..be careful when you go shoot off some rounds later today at your Obama target!..don't want you shooting yourself while you're stoned....

caught a bunch yesterday...;)

Not me georgie. No smokie. No drinkie for me.

6 minutes ago, concha said:

North Korea is one of the righteous 195.

Think about that.

As is every corrupt, 3rd-world shit hole on the planet.

As is China, an authoritarian nation busy building islands for land grabs and whose government controls what "information" the outside world gets. Supposedly in the first 5 months of 2016, China brought 25 new coal power plants online.

The accords are a feel-good farce.

china and Russia, the big winners in the Trump presidency so far. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

^^...the coal that gets burnt in the mid-west ends up effecting lakes in New York's Adirondack park...making them sterile due to the acid rain it produces...put away the economics book and open your eyes to the real world...

Coal-based electricity production began plummeting in the late 80s and will continue in the face of competition from natural gas.

Put down your copy of Time from 1983.