Paris Accord

aZjimbo

4 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Trump did dispute the science.  He said it was a Chinese hoax.  Repub in congress don't believe in it.  

Its not even a deal.  Not in rmthe sense you think or Trump makes it sound.  These things we want to do is good for is.  Higher MPG is good right?  Well Trump wiped off the books steps Obama took to achieve those goals.  Why?  Imo he did it to take off the books anything Obama ever did because the hate is strong in him.  But that's for another day.  

And when Dems ran congress, they were a little busy that year dealing with the financial crisis.  Too much to do and so little time.  All the while the Repubs stopped everything they could.  That's a lot on the plate.  

Sorry bro I don't want to hear the dems were busy. They flat out refused Obsma. He wanted this to go to congress. The dems refused it man. Those are facts

5 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Did you hear the man today? He reached out to both party's and said let's come up with a better deal. F them if they don't 

I have been conditioned to not believe anything he says.  And it's not a deal.  Were not trading horses or doing a business deal.  There isn't a deal to make better.  Trump doesn't understand what he is talking about.  We either do more to lower out carbon footprint or we do less.  You think Trump will do more?  I don't. 

Just now, GloryDays said:

Forgive me if I don't hold my breath on that one.

IMO this is a huge missed opportunity for a guy that promised to bring manufacturing jobs back to the States.  More than enough crossover skills to bring that workforce into the new energy age.

Oh well.  

He promised to back out of the Paris accord 

Just now, World Citizen said:

I have been conditioned to not believe anything he says.  And it's not a deal.  Were not trading horses or doing a business deal.  There isn't a deal to make better.  Trump doesn't understand what he is talking about.  We either do more to lower out carbon footprint or we do less.  You think Trump will do more?  I don't. 

I agree with this move. I don't agree with a lot of his shit but I do this. 

IMHO today if Trump would have said we are staying in the deal you all would still be calling for the end of the world

4 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

IMHO today if Trump would have said we are staying in the deal you all would still be calling for the end of the world

No.

I've just been enjoying the sideshow the last month or so.  This is a bad policy decision that affects more than just the here and now. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

I agree with this move. I don't agree with a lot of his shit but I do this. 

I wouldn't.  I might of complimented his making a decision that considered All of us instead of just his base.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

I wouldn't.  I might of complimented his making a decision that considered All of us instead of just his base.  

You and glory would be in the minority. The dems and the media had 2 story's ready for today. One for if he pulled out the other if he stayed

Amazing yet predictable.

All the usual suspects on this board soiling themselves.

Let's spend trillions to maybe influence global temperatures a fraction of a degree over the next century.   

Let's follow the example of the Europeans, the very folks who are currently in the process of committing social and cultural suicide.

Let's believe "scientists" who have been caught manipulating data time and time again - and whose jobs basically depend on coming up with "the right conclusions". Meanwhile, the list of these people's predictions that have face-planted is epic and hilarious to behold.

Yet our pals here on the board act like Trump mandated a high-sulfur coal fire pit be burning 24/7 by every US household.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zipcep said:

'I was elected to represent the citizens of Pittsburgh, not Paris': Trump to pull out of Paris climate agreement

that says it all

https://twitter.com/billpeduto?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.post-gazette.com%2Flocal%2Fcity%2F2017%2F06%2F01%2FPeduto-counters-Trump-s-Pittsburgh-reference-in-climate-announcement%2Fstories%2F201706010202 is the Mayor of Pittsburgh's twitter site.  Read it.  He is slamming Trump.  Read the Pittsburgh Post Gazette for what they think of Trump:  http://www.post-gazette.com/local/region/2017/06/01/Politicians-political-reporters-react-Trump-Pittsburgh-Paris-Accord/stories/201706010203 is the Pittsburgh Post Gazette which notes in the link:   "the mayor said the president’s decision is “disastrous” and “reckless.” 

3 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

https://twitter.com/billpeduto?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.post-gazette.com%2Flocal%2Fcity%2F2017%2F06%2F01%2FPeduto-counters-Trump-s-Pittsburgh-reference-in-climate-announcement%2Fstories%2F201706010202 is the Mayor of Pittsburgh's twitter site.  Read it.  He is slamming Trump.  Read the Pittsburgh Post Gazette for what they think of Trump:  http://www.post-gazette.com/local/region/2017/06/01/Politicians-political-reporters-react-Trump-Pittsburgh-Paris-Accord/stories/201706010203 is the Pittsburgh Post Gazette which notes in the link:   "the mayor said the president’s decision is “disastrous” and “reckless.” 

The mayor of Pittsburgh should STFU and fix his damned city.

Back when the Republicans ran it, it had the highest per capita income levels in the nation, if not world.

It now - after over half a century of liberal rule - looks like a 3rd world hell hole.

Just sayin'.

Just now, concha said:

The mayor of Pittsburgh should STFU and fix his damned city.

Back when the Republicans ran it, it had the highest per capita income levels in the nation, if not world.

It now looks like a 3rd world hell hole.

Just sayin'.

I was in Pittsburgh in the '70's and remember the air which was almost unbreathable.  Pittsburgh has completely turned itself around over the past 30, 40 years.  Read the links.  

Regardless, Trump has played to the Russians and Saudis, alienating virtually every one of our allies.  Read press and media links from around the world.  As for myself, at age 70, it is our grandchildren and your children who will suffer the effects of this decision.

1 minute ago, BigDrop said:

I was in Pittsburgh in the '70's and remember the air which was almost unbreathable.  Pittsburgh has completely turned itself around over the past 30, 40 years.  Read the links.  

Regardless, Trump has played to the Russians and Saudis, alienating virtually every one of our allies.  Read press and media links from around the world.  As for myself, at age 70, it is our grandchildren and your children who will suffer the effects of this decision.

Huge swathes of Pittsburgh look like ISIS just treated it like Palmyra.

Completely turned itself around? xD  Too fucking right!  Prosperous to poverty-stricken shit hole.

Unbelievable...

3 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

"Don't be mistaken on climate; there is no plan B because there is no planet B." 

French President Emmanuel Macron

How much devastation will be wrought on the planet by the US not bending over and taking it?

Keep in mind that US emissions have plummeted without the accord.

1 minute ago, BigDrop said:

They are scientists.  195 countries signed on to the global warming agreement.  Two, now three, did not.

1) They have been caught lying, colluding and manipulating. The list of their laughable prediction failures is pure comedy gold.

2) I don't care who signed it. Is it sensible and good for America? Question BD:  How much do we spend to accomplish what drop in temperature?  How do you even have a clue that the temperature drop would occur given the list of face plants they have provided over the years?

14 minutes ago, concha said:

Huge swathes of Pittsburgh look like ISIS just treated it like Palmyra.

Completely turned itself around? xD  Too fucking right!  Prosperous to poverty-stricken shit hole.

Unbelievable...

I like Pittsburgh today-a lot.   I've also known it well with two, three visits every year from the early '80's until a couple of years ago.  

And an addendum:  at one time the longest word in the English language was pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcaniconiosis.  My step father had it:  miner's lung disease.  He was a foreman in the coal mines of Uniontown, PA.  I learned how to spell the word because of what he suffered for many years.  The coal mines are not coming back.  And, Pittsburgh is a world class model for how a city can completely turn itself around.  

5 hours ago, thc6795 said:

It handcuffs American businesses we already are one of the cleanest energy nations in the world. The Paris accord only works is  China and India do their part. There are more these are just a few off the top. Not to mention watching the libs go crazy it has to be killing Big Dump not posting how Trump ended the world today. Little things make me smile.

He posted yesterday... Replied to you. Haha

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

One thing the alt-right trolls are right in, is that we were at one time great. We were the leader at nearly everything. Now, not so much. We are getting passed in almost everything. We spend too much time wanting to go back, when the rest of the world is surging forward and we wonder why we got passed. 

What are we getting passed in? Serious question and reasons?