2020 election based on likely voter polls only

HSFBfan

1 minute ago, Bormio said:

In an election where minorities may slide slightly towards Trump, Biden needs as many white votes as possible to win in the Rust Belt.  And yet may be alienating them.

This was the poll who had trump winning the rust belt in 2016

I trust it. Obv were months away and things change but can trump build on the lead

With biden hiding in his house can trump hit the pavement and get the ground game working again

I think it's trump to lose. But hell have to work

5 minutes ago, Bormio said:

In an election where minorities may slide slightly towards Trump, Biden needs as many white votes as possible to win in the Rust Belt.  And yet may be alienating them.

Or you're just looking at the one poll that makes you feel good.

It's funny watching the "polls are meaningless!" crowd quickly run to a polls thread to tout a single poll simply because it agrees with them.

Two days ago another C- likely voter poll had Biden +6 in Michigan.

Biden is +7.2 in the aggregate.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-general/michigan/

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

This was the poll who had trump winning the rust belt in 2016

I trust it. Obv were months away and things change but can trump build on the lead

With biden hiding in his house can trump hit the pavement and get the ground game working again

I think it's trump to lose. But hell have to work

This poll is an outlier among Michigan polls, but they say they are better at identifying shy Trump voters.  But Michigan is the most liberal of the big 3.  

3 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Or you're just looking at the one poll that makes you feel good.

It's funny watching the "polls are meaningless!" crowd quickly run to a polls thread to tout a single poll simply because it agrees with them.

Two days ago another C- likely voter poll had Biden +6 in Michigan.

Biden is +7.2 in the aggregate.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-general/michigan/

I was unaware of the Michigan poll when I wrote this.  But Biden is going to have to do better among white voters in the Rust Belt, maybe more than they realize.

4 minutes ago, Bormio said:

This poll is an outlier among Michigan polls, but they say they are better at identifying shy Trump voters.  But Michigan is the most liberal of the big 3.  

Its an outlier but it was correct. Also when looking at polls throw away any registered voter polls. Absolute garbage 

Just now, Bormio said:

Bloomberg has an article today suggesting they do

Bloomberg said it so it must be true.

👌

The data points to a simpler explanation: there was a large number of undecideds on election day and those who disliked both candidates decided to pull the lever for Trump over Clinton.

The undecideds are half as much in 2020 and Biden is polling ahead of Trump on those who dislike both candidates.

This is actually demonstrable while claiming that Trafalgar is a magical pollster is not.

2 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Bloomberg said it so it must be true.

👌

The data points to a simpler explanation: there was a large number of undecideds on election day and those who disliked both candidates decided to pull the lever for Trump over Clinton.

The undecideds are half as much in 2020 and Biden is polling ahead of Trump on those who dislike both candidates.

This is actually demonstrable while claiming that Trafalgar is a magical pollster is not.

They magically nailed Pa and Michigan in 2016 - almost on the nose.  They embarrassed a lot of folks