Georgia state title games should be moved to Georgia Southern.

HooverOutlaw

1 hour ago, HooverOutlaw said:

It seats 25,000.   If not where else could it be played?  Macon?

Honestly, packing a smaller stadium is more fun than barely filling a large stadium. That would be my personal preference. McEachern's stadium would be a good fit for a state championship. Numerous other events take place at that stadium each year, including graduations and DCI regional competitions.

34 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Honestly, packing a smaller stadium is more fun than barely filling a large stadium. That would be my personal preference. McEachern's stadium would be a good fit for a state championship. Numerous other events take place at that stadium each year, including graduations and DCI regional competitions.

You Atl boys got to have it in metro Atl.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

It seats 25,000.   If not where else could it be played?  Macon?

YES and Yes.  Two EXCELLENT choices for title games.  

I'd also say play it at Mc-T but then everybody would bitch that Warner Robins and Northside have home games for the title.  Those home field title games were the good ole days down there for sure.  Nothing like having a real fly-over for a title game.

19 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

YES and Yes.  Two EXCELLENT choices for title games.  

I'd also say play it at Mc-T but then everybody would bitch that Warner Robins and Northside have home games for the title.  Those home field title games were the good ole days down there for sure.  Nothing like having a real fly-over for a title game.

If anything they'd bitch about WR having home field advantage. Don't gotta worry too much about Northside. But yeah, put the state title games back at the home fields or at Mercer. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

If anything they'd bitch about WR having home field advantage. Don't gotta worry too much about Northside. But yeah, put the state title games back at the home fields or at Mercer. 

Between 88' and 04', which do you think was their best team?  which you think better, 99' or 00'???

Damn, now you all got me thinking about GA Southern and damn Statesboro's big back in 04. He was TOUGH!

That was a cold, fun weekend, lol.

You know what, Im going to grab me some 04' Demon v Blue Eagle football right about now!!!!!!!

Be back in a bit. 

• Haha 1

The only issue with home fields is occasionally we all get surprised by a team that can't meet the fan capacity requirements with their stadium. 

I also find myself enjoying going to all the different stadiums and learning little bits about their football cultures at the different communities. They're all different, some in cool ways. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The only issue with home fields is occasionally we all get surprised by a team that can't meet the fan capacity requirements with their stadium. 

I also find myself enjoying going to all the different stadiums and learning little bits about their football cultures at the different communities. They're all different, some in cool ways. 

For the 2017 state championship, we had to order more bleachers and place them behind one set of goalposts to accommodate the overflow crowd. I don't know how many people actually showed up though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ngdawg said:

For the 2017 state championship, we had to order more bleachers and place them behind one set of goalposts to accommodate the overflow crowd. I don't know how many people actually showed up though.

Not as many as would have if the game would have been where it was originally slated. A lot of people were pissed and said screw it, we aren't going. Others were simply old and didn't want to endure the long drive and then hours in the cold. 

Then some of us came and banged on the metal sign on the visitor side press box in the waning moments of the game. 🙋‍♂️ 

I remember looking up and over my shoulder seeing the refs up inside there and their face was one of exuberance just like ours. Regardless of the terrible ending for us, it was a good atmosphere there at least on that night. I left disappointed, but, I can look back on parts very fondly. 

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Not as many as would have if the game would have been where it was originally slated. A lot of people were passed and said screw it, we aren't going. Others were simply old and didn't want to endure the long drive and then hours in the cold. 

Then some of us came and banged on the metal sign on the visitor side press box in the waning moments of the game. 🙋‍♂️ 

I remember looking up and over my shoulder seeing the refs up inside there and their face was one of exuberance just like ours. Regardless of the terrible ending for us, it was a good atmosphere there at least on that night. I left disappointed, but, I can look back on parts very fondly. 

I know it wasn't the ideal result, but at least it was a partly fun experience. The head-banging sounded fun! Propst had his antics even before the game started, as he chose to come out of the "tunnel" a lot later than when teams are supposed to. We knew it would interesting from that second onwards.

19 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Not as many as would have if the game would have been where it was originally slated. A lot of people were passed and said screw it, we aren't going. Others were simply old and didn't want to endure the long drive and then hours in the cold. 

Colquitt took a screwing all the way around.  

21 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Colquitt took a screwing all the way around.  

If the idiots could count. 😂 I’d have $400 more than I do! 

Still chuckling about that narcissistic fuck blowing two in a row. Too smart for his own good. 

I know I can’t tell outlaw or the cc boys that, but if it were any other coach you’d agree. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I guess colquitt was the only team who played and had to travel far, huh? And let's not forget about the self inflicted errors. So, how did colquitt take a screwing all the way around? 

He's probably just basing it off where the game was played and that it was outdoors instead of indoors at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. Also that it was played on a grass field, not artificial turf. Best guess.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I guess colquitt was the only team who played and had to travel far, huh? And let's not forget about the self inflicted errors. So, how did colquitt take a screwing all the way around? 

Traveling 6 times to Atlanta to play 5 games. Then not having a title game at a neutral site. Clueless GHSA not having a back up plan.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1