Jake

MTP28

1 hour ago, MTP28 said:

Will Jake have enough time to fit in with the Cats and have the capacity to understand Rush’s reads in such a compacted amount of time. Pretty sure this kid made some QB camps.

Doubt he will much of the playbook down. Expect a lot of go routes out routes and screen plays.

52 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Personally I wasn’t all that impressed with him when I saw Him live as a sophomore.He reminds me of JT Daniels at USC.Really good but will make a horrible decision with the ball 🏈 at a bad time during the game

Rush will scare that out of him......

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ararar said:

Personally I wasn’t all that impressed with him when I saw Him live as a sophomore.He reminds me of JT Daniels at USC.Really good but will make a horrible decision with the ball 🏈 at a bad time during the game

I’m sure the young man has talent and will have to be pretty mature with all the variables he’s facing, new region of the country, heat and humidity, having the focus and aptitude to pick up things quickly and lastly be willing to compete and face those viscous hits coming his way. That’s a lot. And let’s face it this move isn’t like traveling to the other side of Metro to claim a job in the transfer portal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MTP28 said:

I’m sure the young man has talent and will have to be pretty mature with all the variables he’s facing, new region of the country, heat and humidity, having the focus and aptitude to pick up things quickly and lastly be willing to compete and face those viscous hits coming his way. That’s a lot. And let’s face it this move isn’t like traveling to the other side of Metro to claim a job in the transfer portal.

Is it similar to a coach coming from OOS to coach a bunch of homegrowns? Asking for an acquaintance.

Ya know if lowndes doesn’t win at all this year the natives are gonna be restless, what with the National preseason expectations and all. yessir that’d be a damn shame to have an OOS coach let the local yokels down, I say. 

46 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Is it similar to a coach coming from OOS to coach a bunch of homegrowns? Asking for an acquaintance.

Ya know if lowndes doesn’t win at all this year the natives are gonna be restless, what with the National preseason expectations and all. yessir that’d be a damn shame to have an OOS coach let the local yokels down, I say. 

So most of the Natives in Marietta must have moved on. Right?

1 hour ago, MTP28 said:

So most of the Natives in Marietta must have moved on. Right?

I’m not the one bitching about transfers and community pride and your horseshit excuses for losing the game. That’s you pony boy. If I was whining you’d have a point, but I’m not and you don’t. 

Mr. “Lowends kids grew up playing together” bullshit with their going OOS to hire a coach because apparently all that homegrown talent doesn’t kick in when it comes to coaching, eh sparky? 

Look. It’ll be eight months Friday since you lost. Don’t you think it’s time to let this one go Buddy?  Seriously. You have a good program and a lot to be proud of, but Marietta was better. No shame in being beaten by a better team. 

Whining and making excuses is just downright embarrassing for an adult male talking about HS sports. 

Just now, Sweetlarry said:

I’m not the one bitching about transfers and community pride and your horseshit excuses for losing the game. That’s you pony boy. If I was whining you’d have a point, but I’m not and you don’t. 

Mr. “Lowends kids grew up playing together” bullshit with their going OOS to hire a coach because apparently all that homegrown talent doesn’t kick in when it comes to coaching, eh sparky? 

Look. It’ll be eight months Friday since you lost. Don’t you think it’s time to let this one go Buddy?  Seriously. You have a good program and a lot to be proud of, but Marietta was better. No shame in being beaten by a better team. 

Whining and making excuses is just downright embarrassing for an adult male talking about HS sports. 

I think the comment was related to a California QB coming to South Georgia that will be facing big change and how he may do. Again different part of the country. 

With regard to your team it’s a new year. Hope that helps Bro.

17 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

There were a few threads created on Valdosta getting a transfer from cali, and everybody was hootin and hollering about it. I hope y'all have that same energy about Carrollton getting a 3 star QB from New York. Anybody have a problem with this move? 

I mean, I don't think these transfers are the smartest people. They came to...Georgia? We've had every other county cancel football and we won't even get through two weeks (or maybe even the Corky Kell Classic) without canceling the season. Should've moved to a state where football would be guaranteed, like Alabama or Florida.

5 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

I mean, I don't think these transfers are the smartest people. They came to...Georgia? We've had every other county cancel football and we won't even get through two weeks (or maybe even the Corky Kell Classic) without canceling the season. Should've moved to a state where football would be guaranteed, like Alabama or Florida.

That's not the point, champ. I'm pointing out how we pick and choose what's important or not. It was no holds barred when Valdosta got the cali kid, and as much as people on here keep tabs on what's going on in Georgia, no one has shit to say about Carrollton getting a transfer. Why was it such a big deal before but now people want to turn a blind eye to this? Gotta have the same energy about any and everything we talk about on here. 

1 minute ago, FootballGuy said:

That's not the point, champ. I'm pointing out how we pick and choose what's important or not. It was no holds barred when Valdosta got the cali kid, and as much as people on here keep tabs on what's going on in Georgia, no one has shit to say about Carrollton getting a transfer. Why was it such a big deal before but now people want to turn a blind eye to this? Gotta have the same energy about any and everything we talk about on here. 

I guess it's true. We haven't given enough attention to the Carrolton kid, and it's also probably because Carrolton doesn't have a relatively large fanbase on this board.

55 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Because Carrollton isn't a national brand, and most on here don't give a shit about them.