VM vs Colquitt...or...Rush To Judgement

Rufus69

7 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

But if VM were playing oh say a non ga team you could all of a sudden see it then? Lol. Keep up the good fight y'all. Tell the Cali guys more about our teams please. We love to learn about them. Haha

You havent given an actual reason as to why they wont be as good though is the thing. When a team returns 6 on O and 5 on D... its not GREAT, but thats a good core of players and youd think theyd be atleast as good if not better.

I doubt Id give a shit if they werent playing a GA team.

7 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

I doubt Id give a shit if they werent playing a GA team.

No shit

think of all the "can't play football", "should put on dresses", etc you've said about CA teams and this is a fringe top 50 CA team that you're now trying to prop up because they're playing a GA standard bearer (basically the equivilant of SJB-MD-Cc-DLS, who would all be up on VM by 5 TDs at halftime, which is what CQ will need for validation)

no need for a confession when you're standing over the body with a bloody murder weapon in your hand -- we see it

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pops said:

No shit

think of all the "can't play football", "should put on dresses", etc you've said about CA teams and this is a fringe top 50 CA team that you're now trying to prop up because they're playing a GA standard bearer (basically the equivilant of SJB-MD-Cc-DLS, who would all be up on VM by 5 TDs at halftime, which is what CQ will need for validation)

no need for a confession when you're standing over the body with a bloody murder weapon in your hand -- we see it

A fringe top 50 CA team? I cant even get past this, no point in reading the rest...  Because you cannot have an honest conversation... theres a lie I can point out in every single sentence you write. 

MD didnt even quite beat VM by 5 TDs for the entire game, much less by halftime. More lies. Colquitt wasnt even in the top 100 last year, MD and SJB were Top 5 all season... theres a big difference.

If Colquitt did beat VM by 5 TDs, itd prove Cali HS football to be the biggest farce in American history. 

You cant claim SJB and MD are the best teams in the country, like you did all year last year, and on the side not even acknowledge Colquitt as Top 100... then say Colquitt should beat VM worse than MD did. That is a complete otherly worldly standard.

44 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

A fringe top 50 CA team? I cant even get past this, no point in reading the rest...  Because you cannot have an honest conversation... theres a lie I can point out in every single sentence you write. 

You think this is a lie because you're including their average ranking over last five vs their trajectory (which has been a 5-year downtrend) -- use their trajectory, then get up to speed on their players going elsewhere -- they may be top 50 in CA, but it'll be close either way

CQ not in top 100?  According to your own CP posts, they were really top 25 nationally with that 7 point adjustment

5 TDs ought to be about the line, especially with VM traveling 3,000 miles to play in humidity none of those kids have ever experienced.  

Anything less will be lost face for GA -- CA really in a no-lose situation, which is what happens when one of your own middling teams schedules an OOS power (and, ergo ipso facto, the opposite is true)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pops said:

You think this is a lie because you're including their average ranking over last five vs their trajectory (which has been a 5-year downtrend) -- use their trajectory, then get up to speed on their players going elsewhere -- they may be top 50 in CA, but it'll be close either way

CQ not in top 100?  According to your own CP posts, they were really top 25 nationally with that 7 point adjustment

5 TDs ought to be about the line, especially with VM traveling 3,000 miles to play in humidity none of those kids have ever experienced.  

Anything less will be lost face for GA -- CA really in a no-lose situation, which is what happens when one of your own middling teams schedules an OOS power (and, ergo ipso facto, the opposite is true)

Ok... lets look at the last 5 years...

2012:  7

2013: 9

2014: 17

2015: 12

2016: 21

Theyve never even been out of the Top 25 in CA....  so you straight up lied, like I said.

5 TDs is foolish. Mater Dei, the #1 team in America at the time did not win by 5 TDs. Nobody from CA has beaten VM by 5 TDs in the last 10 years.

So if Colquitt wins by 5 TDs, its safe to say Californias should quit the internet.

The line is [2017] Vista Murrieta (Murrieta, CA) 31, [2017] Colquitt County (Moultrie, GA) 28 .

If Colquitt outperforms that. It just means Cali is overrated at every turn.

If youre saying Colquitt should win by 5 TDs... then you are saying Mission Viejo should win by 51, OLu by 39,  and JSerra by 63. If that does not happen, then you are admitting Colquitt is undervalued vs these SoCal teams in your Bible that tries to make National Rankings even though it does work Nationally in any way. Glad we got that straight.

Your hypocrisy and tendency to lie has caught up to you.

Colquitt was a 5 (FIVE) loss team last year and brings back less than VM.

[2017] Vista Murrieta (Murrieta, CA) 31, [2017] Colquitt County (Moultrie, GA) 28
[2017] Mission Viejo (CA) 34, [2017] Vista Murrieta (Murrieta, CA) 21
[2017] Lutheran (Orange, CA) 22, [2017] Vista Murrieta (Murrieta, CA) 21
[2017] JSerra (San Juan Capistrano, CA) 31, [2017] Vista Murrieta (Murrieta, CA) 17

13 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Ok... lets look at the last 5 years...

2012:  7

2013: 9

2014: 17

2015: 12

2016: 21

Theyve never even been out of the Top 25 in CA....  so you straight up lied, like I said.

5 TDs is foolish. Mater Dei, the #1 team in America at the time did not win by 5 TDs. Nobody from CA has beaten VM by 5 TDs in the last 10 years.

So if Colquitt wins by 5 TDs, its safe to say Californias should quit the internet.

The line is [2017] Vista Murrieta (Murrieta, CA) 31, [2017] Colquitt County (Moultrie, GA) 28 .

Preseason PAMs are garbage 

wanna know who CP screws more than GA?  NorCal.  They had DLS 9thin state as only NorCal team in top 25 right before DLS 4-prayed and won the comp poll in 12.  One of those non-ranked NorCal teams that lost to NCS #9 seed beat Pac5 champs.  Double all of the SoCal ratings.  The states only human poll typically has 7-9 NorCal teams, where CP is 1-5.  They were realistically around #40 last year and have been sliding for years

you just don't hear me crying about a 7 point differential every time a NorCal team is discussed -- your claims would make CQ top 25 and we all know they're only a year removed from being the greatest team in the history of nhsfb

2 minutes ago, Pops said:

Preseason PAMs are garbage 

wanna know who CP screws more than GA?  NorCal.  They had DLS 9thin state as only NorCal team in top 25 right before DLS 4-prayed and won the comp poll in 12.  One of those non-ranked NorCal teams that lost to NCS #9 seed beat Pac5 champs.  Double all of the SoCal ratings.  The states only human poll typically has 7-9 NorCal teams, where CP is 1-5.  They were realistically around #40 last year and have been sliding for years

you just don't hear me crying about a 7 point differential every time a NorCal team is discussed -- your claims would make CQ top 25 and we all know they're only a year removed from being the greatest team in the history of nhsfb

Nothing to say about your constant lies I see.

Realistically around 40? Ok then stop using CalPreps. If they cant get California right .... how stupid can you be to think all of America is ranked correctly when the super majority of America never plays each other.

My claims would make CQ top 25? Can you please refresh me on these claims? Thanks.

29 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

This means absolutely nothing since PAM is a neutral field projection.This is also one of the reasons your +7 undervalued means nothing

11 minutes ago, Ararar said:

This means absolutely nothing since PAM is a neutral field projection.This is also one of the reasons your +7 undervalued means nothing

This is one of the reasons? 

When are you gonna understand that projection never goes more than 2-3 points either way anyway. The PAM represents their projections without homefield taken into account.

The +7 is based on COMPLETE data. I can see you saying it meant nothing if Id only done 50% of the games. But complete data does say a lot.

You got to understand, based on your comments your knowledge and experience is extremely limited. You are probably one of those people that think the Earth is flat also.

Like I said... VM plays Mission Viejo, JSerra, and Murrieta Valley right after Colquitt. Those are 3 of the Top 11 teams in CA preseason.

I can guarantee you if Pops was to put out a national preseason poll and this game wasnt being played, Pops would have all of them, plus Orange Lutheran (another of VMs opponents) ahead of Colquitt in it.

But not this year... apparently hes changed his tone and Colquitt is now a Top 5 team in the Nation to him... since VM has played the absolute best in CA over the years, and no CA team has done in over 10 years what he says Colquitt should do this coming August... beat VM by 5+ TDs.

I never knew you respected Colquitt so much more than CA Pops.

43 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

If youre saying Colquitt should win by 5 TDs... then you are saying Mission Viejo should win by 51, OLu by 39,  and JSerra by 63. If that does not happen, then you are admitting Colquitt is undervalued vs these SoCal teams in your Bible that tries to make National Rankings even though it does work Nationally in any way. Glad we got that straight.

Your hypocrisy and tendency to lie has caught up to you.

Colquitt was a 5 (FIVE) loss team last year and brings back less than VM.

[2017] Vista Murrieta (Murrieta, CA) 31, [2017] Colquitt County (Moultrie, GA) 28
[2017] Mission Viejo (CA) 34, [2017] Vista Murrieta (Murrieta, CA) 21
[2017] Lutheran (Orange, CA) 22, [2017] Vista Murrieta (Murrieta, CA) 21
[2017] JSerra (San Juan Capistrano, CA) 31, [2017] Vista Murrieta (Murrieta, CA) 17

Preseason CP is garbage 

make a point about the algorithm when the algorithm actually has data to use

41 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Nothing to say about your constant lies I see.

Realistically around 40? Ok then stop using CalPreps. If they cant get California right .... how stupid can you be to think all of America is ranked correctly when the super majority of America never plays each other.

My claims would make CQ top 25? Can you please refresh me on these claims? Thanks.

I have nothing to say about things you make up

i never said CP was perfect -- I said use it with a grain of salt -- SoCal gets a boost at CP just like NJ, OH, etc does -- CP's algorithm allows teams that play good schedules to earn points faster and the top teams in those areas tend to play each other and have generally very high SOS.  Grayson got rewarded last year for effectively losing to IMG by 3 TDs ie

Norcal's top teams are more spread out and I'd concede, i.e., every team in the trinity league had a better sos than DLS that year (Mullen was OOS game) -- I haven't been crying for five years, writing what would now be a thick novel of pure mathematical drivel making a flawed case, and protesting anyone else using the most universal nhsfb database on a nhsfb message board 

42 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Any hsfb team traveling across the country is immediately a 7 point underdog

that doesn't even factor the humidity

would say the same thing about any team coming east or west -- just think that's much harder for hsfb teams than college or pro where there's normally a 3-4 point factor

57 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

This is one of the reasons? 

When are you gonna understand that projection never goes more than 2-3 points either way anyway. The PAM represents their projections without homefield taken into account.

So you admit that PAM is not the same as official projections thanks.Your misrepresentation is noted

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

MD didnt even quite beat VM by 5 TDs for the entire game, much less by halftime. More lies. Colquitt wasnt even in the top 100 last year, MD and SJB were Top 5 all season... theres a big difference.

If Colquitt did beat VM by 5 TDs, itd prove Cali HS football to be the biggest farce in American history. 

You cant claim SJB and MD are the best teams in the country, like you did all year last year, and on the side not even acknowledge Colquitt as Top 100... then say Colquitt should beat VM worse than MD did. That is a complete otherly worldly standard.

Ha! I see what you did there.  You used logic and reasoning.  

Take a look at who VM played the last 5 years. Take a look at how many losses they have each year and to whom they lost to. They beat the teams they were supposed to, while losing to all the top teams. They aren't horrible, they aren't great. However, your top teams, at home shouldn't have any problems. If they do, then as you said we have some games to compare when they get back.