VM vs Colquitt...or...Rush To Judgement

Rufus69

9 minutes ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

If VM is successful, it says more about GA football than Califas!

That 1 game will mean nothing without knowing how well each team does in the rest of their games. We technically dont know how good either team will be.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Not even Norco. They return a lot. Norco is 8 points better.

Norco hasnt been ranked higher than VM a single time the last 6 years...

VM & Norcos Southern Section rankings since 2011...

2016:

13. Vista Murrieta

26. Norco

-------

2015:

8. Vista Murrieta

19. Norco

-----------

2014:

11. Vista Murrieta

34. Norco

--------

2013:

6. Vista Murrieta

15. Norco

-------------

2012: 

5. Vista Murrieta

20. Norco

------

2011:

2. Vista Murrieta

63. Norco

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

Norco hasnt been ranked higher than VM a single time the last 6 years...

VM & Norcos Southern Section rankings since 2011...

2016:

13. Vista Murrieta

26. Norco

-------

2015:

8. Vista Murrieta

19. Norco

-----------

2014:

11. Vista Murrieta

34. Norco

--------

2013:

6. Vista Murrieta

15. Norco

-------------

2012: 

5. Vista Murrieta

20. Norco

------

2011:

2. Vista Murrieta

63. Norco

Wasn't talking about any year other than this year coming up.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AztecPadre said:

Wasn't talking about any year other than this year coming up.  

Ok well... why is that your opinion? VM brings back 6 on an O and 5 on D ... thats more than Colquitt on both sides... VM performed well at times... 11 starters is a solid core.

Just now, ECHS05 said:

Ok well... why is that your opinion? VM brings back 6 on an O and 5 on D ... thats more than Colquitt on both sides... VM performed well at times... 11 starters is a solid core.

Based on what the Inland Empire guys think about those teams.  VM is not getting much love in the off season.  Norco on the other hand is.  In that area it looking like Cen10, Norco, Rosey, VM in that order. Pretty much ever since VM got hit with the forfeiture of games before the playoffs a few years ago they have not been the same.  They had a good run when Su'a was there but that was then this is now.  BTW if you want good entertainment check out the SoCal boards.  Talk about people that take their love for hsfb way too far!!

1 minute ago, AztecPadre said:

Based on what the Inland Empire guys think about those teams.  VM is not getting much love in the off season.  Norco on the other hand is.  In that area it looking like Cen10, Norco, Rosey, VM in that order. Pretty much ever since VM got hit with the forfeiture of games before the playoffs a few years ago they have not been the same.  They had a good run when Su'a was there but that was then this is now.  BTW if you want good entertainment check out the SoCal boards.  Talk about people that take their love for hsfb way too far!!

I hope its a good game.... do I think Colquitt wins? Probably.

I personally think the most important thing about this game ... is... [2017] Vista Murrieta (Murrieta, CA) 31, [2017] Colquitt County (Moultrie, GA) 28

Just now, ECHS05 said:

I hope its a good game.... do I think Colquitt wins? Probably.

I personally think the most important thing about this game ... is... [2017] Vista Murrieta (Murrieta, CA) 31, [2017] Colquitt County (Moultrie, GA) 28

Hahaha.  It will at least create a lot of hype and buzz for the game on here.  calquit by at least 17. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

Does this info change Oct. 1?   I thought this was a discussion including VM?   This comes from a VM coach after all, no?   We know strengths/weaknesses sure doesn't come from an algorithm.    Nothing changes in October other than games being predicted by the algorithm (with most OOS games having already been played and district play likely already started aka connecting data wheelhouse).  

RETURNERS
Returning Offensive Starters: 6
Returning Defensive Starters: 5
2016 JV Record: 6-4
Starting Quarterback Returning: no
Top Running Back Returning: yes
Top Receiver Returning: yes
Top OL Returning: yes
Top Defender Returning: yes

TOP PLAYERS
Shakir Khalil 6'0" 180 Senior 4.6 4stars.jpg
Elisha Guidry 5'11" 185 Senior 4.6 3stars.jpg
Travis Plantier 6'2" 225 Senior 4.8 1halfstars.jpg

COLLEGE PROSPECTS LOST TO GRADUATION
Javelin Guidry 5'9.5" 180 Senior CB 4.35 3halfstars.jpg
Kade Greeley 6'6" 210 Senior TE 3stars.jpg
Cole Dubots 6'1" 185 Senior RB 3stars.jpg
Anthony Mermea 6'4" 300 Senior DT 3stars.jpg
Chase Windham 6'3" 260 Senior DE 2stars.jpg
Jaylin White 5'10" 170 Senior CB 1halfstars.jpg

STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES
Team Strengths: Talented Skill Position Players, RB/LB Depth, Special Teams
Team Weaknesses: QB/OL Youth/Inexperience, Secondary Depth, Very Tough Early Schedule

As long as you're not leaning on preseason PAMs

I've never seen 1 1/2 star kids -- thought it took 2 to get on the board

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pops said:

As long as you're not leaning on preseason PAMs

I've never seen 1 1/2 star kids -- thought it took 2 to get on the board

28 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Lol never seen that before either.

Could that be the CP bias? You know, attempting to make that team look better by showing more starred players. 

:ph34r:

6 minutes ago, old_e said:

VM has a good core coming back. Hopefully is a good game and most importantly, it's televised.

This. 

All bullshit aside, I am really hoping for a good game and that the kids on both teams have a great experience to carry with them forever. Colquitt is used to the Hawg Pen atmosphere, and I have no knowledge of the atmosphere that Vista Murrieta sees on a weekly basis, but I do know that the fans over here will definitely be there to try helping VM have an experience they won't soon forget.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Does this info change Oct. 1?   I thought this was a discussion including VM?   This comes from a VM coach after all, no?   We know strengths/weaknesses sure doesn't come from an algorithm.    Nothing changes in October other than games being predicted by the algorithm (with most OOS games having already been played and district play likely already started aka connecting data wheelhouse).  

RETURNERS
Returning Offensive Starters: 6
Returning Defensive Starters: 5
2016 JV Record: 6-4
Starting Quarterback Returning: no
Top Running Back Returning: yes
Top Receiver Returning: yes
Top OL Returning: yes
Top Defender Returning: yes

TOP PLAYERS
Shakir Khalil 6'0" 180 Senior 4.6 4stars.jpg
Elisha Guidry 5'11" 185 Senior 4.6 3stars.jpg
Travis Plantier 6'2" 225 Senior 4.8 1halfstars.jpg

COLLEGE PROSPECTS LOST TO GRADUATION
Javelin Guidry 5'9.5" 180 Senior CB 4.35 3halfstars.jpg
Kade Greeley 6'6" 210 Senior TE 3stars.jpg
Cole Dubots 6'1" 185 Senior RB 3stars.jpg
Anthony Mermea 6'4" 300 Senior DT 3stars.jpg
Chase Windham 6'3" 260 Senior DE 2stars.jpg
Jaylin White 5'10" 170 Senior CB 1halfstars.jpg

STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES
Team Strengths: Talented Skill Position Players, RB/LB Depth, Special Teams
Team Weaknesses: QB/OL Youth/Inexperience, Secondary Depth, Very Tough Early Schedule

I think we're getting some additional facts.  VERY similar to Colquitt.

Rufus>>

1 hour ago, GHSFPS said:

I was not impressed with Vista Murrieta. Mater Dei pounded them last year. Be glad y'all are not playing Mater Dei. Watch.

Colquitt looked better and improved this year in the spring.

That was "last year." Don't assume that they'll be the same team coming into this season. 

1 hour ago, GHSFPS said:

I was not impressed with Vista Murrieta. Mater Dei pounded them last year. Be glad y'all are not playing Mater Dei. Watch.

Colquitt looked better and improved this year in the spring.

Mater Dei pounded everyone just as bad and worse. Literally only SJB held up better vs MD.

VM beating Bishop Amat 38-24 in the playoffs last year...

4 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

This. 

All bullshit aside, I am really hoping for a good game and that the kids on both teams have a great experience to carry with them forever. Colquitt is used to the Hawg Pen atmosphere, and I have no knowledge of the atmosphere that Vista Murrieta sees on a weekly basis, but I do know that the fans over here will definitely be there to try helping VM have an experience they won't soon forget.

I will say that playing in Moultrie is an experience.  Admittedly they were somewhat subdued most of the time during our game there but when the Hawgs had the ball and moving it was electric!  I had heard about it from friends that had lived there and one kept trying to get me to go to a game with him.  Unfortunately, the games he could go to were always up against our games so I couldn't go.  They had not lost at home in several years when we were there so at times it was like the air went out of them.  I don't think that will be an issue for this game.  Shoot, if we weren't playing as well I would strongly consider the 4 hour drive to go watch.  Much more like a college or pro game day than the normal high school game.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

You're totally right. VM is worse this year.

I cannot see enough evidence to support that statement. Bringing back 6 on O and 5 on D is a solid group. 

Oh well, we will know after they play Colquitt, Mission V, JSerra, OLu, & Murrieta Valley.

3 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

I cannot see enough evidence to support that statement. Bringing back 6 on O and 5 on D is a solid group. 

Oh well, we will know after they play Colquitt, Mission V, JSerra, OLu, & Murrieta Valley.

But if VM were playing oh say a non ga team you could all of a sudden see it then? Lol. Keep up the good fight y'all. Tell the Cali guys more about our teams please. We love to learn about them. Haha

8 hours ago, Fred said:

I will say that playing in Moultrie is an experience.  Admittedly they were somewhat subdued most of the time during our game there but when the Hawgs had the ball and moving it was electric!  I had heard about it from friends that had lived there and one kept trying to get me to go to a game with him.  Unfortunately, the games he could go to were always up against our games so I couldn't go.  They had not lost at home in several years when we were there so at times it was like the air went out of them.  I don't think that will be an issue for this game.  Shoot, if we weren't playing as well I would strongly consider the 4 hour drive to go watch.  Much more like a college or pro game day than the normal high school game.

Amigo, if you ever wanna come down off the mountain...and make your way to see another Colquitt game...let me know.  We'll either have you stopped in Norman Park...or...allow you to be our guest at the Tailgate Extraordinaire (hosted by Little Joe and the Ponderosa Gang)....(Smile).

The Hawg Pen is a fantastic place to watch a football contest...even if your team ain't playing.  You'd be surprised how many people come from surrounding communities when their teams have off-weeks.  Some of them come for the football and some of them come to see if Rush is gonna headbutt the other coach (he can't headbutt his players no more).  Always fun at Mack Tharpe.

Rufus>>

• Like 3