Man this sucks for the kids but Colquitt is on Verge of shutting it down completely

imaGoodBoyNow

15 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

But our newspaper said cases were on the decline in the county. 

Between feckless leadership at the GHSA not wanting to take charge and mandate a uniform policy for participating member schools to our own failures, shortcomings and missteps in how we are dealing with it in the program, we're definitely looking pretty crunchy right now. 

Somehow all these other schools are practicing, holding multiple scrimmages and we can't manage to practice two or three days in a row without another kid or two showing up with the virus. 

1413737245_tenor(1).gif.0826e0d0cae2343372de5771acd682c7.gif

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

But our newspaper said cases were on the decline in the county. 

Between feckless leadership at the GHSA not wanting to take charge and mandate a uniform policy for participating member schools to our own failures, shortcomings and missteps in how we are dealing with it in the program, we're definitely looking pretty crunchy right now. 

Somehow all these other schools are practicing, holding multiple scrimmages and we can't manage to practice two or three days in a row without another kid or two showing up with the virus. 

1413737245_tenor(1).gif.0826e0d0cae2343372de5771acd682c7.gif

Either one or two things:

1. A lot of teams are lying about this stuff.

2. A lot of teams are watching their players like hawks when they're not around them and taking the necessary steps to keep the football environment sanitized to a T. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

2. A lot of teams are watching their players like hawks when they're not around them and taking the necessary steps to keep the football environment sanitized to a T. 

Option 1 for sure.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I said it before most of these kids are fighting for a scholarship so they’ll do anything to play, and if your coach is a win at all costs coach then it makes it even worse cause he’s gonna encourage or turn a blind eye to what’s going on,

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Outside of taking temperature, looking for symptoms, wearing mask when you can and telling them about being safe when away from practice what can a coach do. Do kids have to wear mask at school? 

No. Masks are suggested, but voluntary in the school system and with the attitudes of the general public here, I don't think many are. The kids don't think it will hurt them or whatever so, they aren't being very careful. 

I think the difference between what our system is doing and the others in the area have to be pretty different. I know other teams have had positive cases, but, sounds like they sit that case out without really bringing in the DPH to do contact tracing and are hoping for the best or something, while ours is reporting and knocking several players out for quarantine with every positive case. Of course we had a shutdown of practices and all a couple of weeks back and it's looking like we didn't get it out back then. Every few days since that initial few positives now we have another or two pop up which starts a whole other quarantine of 19 days for multiple kids. 

Personally I'd take this next two weeks and make sure, if the kids wanna play, they quarantine and do the right stuff. Then use the acclimation period of 5 days to line every single one of the players and coaches and other staff up at the free testing line at the DPH and until a clean result returned not allow them back at a practice or meeting or anything. 

If you can't get it that way, you probably don't need to be playing anyway. Nobody else around the area is having this shit going on. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

No. Masks are suggested, but voluntary in the school system and with the attitudes of the general public here, I don't think many are. The kids don't think it will hurt them or whatever so, they aren't being very careful. 

I think the difference between what our system is doing and the others in the area have to be pretty different. I know other teams have had positive cases, but, sounds like they sit that case out without really bringing in the DPH to do contact tracing and are hoping for the best or something, while ours is reporting and knocking several players out for quarantine with every positive case. Of course we had a shutdown of practices and all a couple of weeks back and it's looking like we didn't get it out back then. Every few days since that initial few positives now we have another or two pop up which starts a whole other quarantine of 19 days for multiple kids. 

Personally I'd take this next two weeks and make sure if the kids wanna play they quarantine and do the right stuff. Then use the acclimation period of 5 days to line every single one of the players and coaches and other staff up at the free testing line at the DPH and until a clean result returned not allow them back at a practice or meeting or anything. 

The problem is...practice.  Even in the best case scenario (which I sincerely doubt will happen)...Colquitt can't take the field TO PRACTICE until September 19th.  That would mean...the game with Banneker on the 18th is toast.  It also would mean...we would hafta line up and play Rush and the Cats on the 25th.  

We need to scuttle our current protocol....or....we simply need to cancel this season and concentrate of spring baseball and One Act Play.  And I'll say this outloud....

I don't blame HawgGoneIt.  I don't blame 94Packer.  I don't blame CCBLACKHATTER.

I blame Rabid.

Rufus>>

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Personally I'd take this next two weeks and make sure, if the kids wanna play, they quarantine and do the right stuff. Then use the acclimation period of 5 days to line every single one of the players and coaches and other staff up at the free testing line at the DPH and until a clean result returned not allow them back at a practice or meeting or anything. 

If you can't get it that way, you probably don't need to be playing anyway. Nobody else around the area is having this shit going on. 

That's the scary part. Like I said before: we re our own worst enemy. Just gonna have to learn the hard way, unfortunately.

And how much does this (the canceled games) impact the high school? Forget about the athletics department, but will the loss of revenue greatly affect the high school as a whole? 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

The problem is...practice.  Even in the best case scenario (which I sincerely doubt will happen)...Colquitt can't take the field TO PRACTICE until September 19th.  That would mean...the game with Banneker on the 18th is toast.  It also would mean...we would hafta line up and play Rush and the Cats on the 25th.  

We need to scuttle our current protocol....or....we simply need to cancel this season and concentrate of spring baseball and One Act Play.  And I'll say this outloud....

I don't blame HawgGoneIt.  I don't blame 94Packer.  I don't blame CCBLACKHATTER.

I blame Rabid.

Rufus>>

Soo just say FU to all the Seniors on that team?

4 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I blame Rabid.

Rufus>>

Rab is a valdosta fan now. Leave his crazy ass outta this.....lolololololololol. 

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I blame Rabid.

Rufus>>

Well, I've heard it said that the pre-region games are just practice for Region anyway. Banneker shouldn't have been much of a problem for us at any rate, but, the hurt now is becoming lost revenues due to gate money not coming in. 

I won't pretend to understand how all of the funding for baseball and one act play are obtained, but, I would venture a guess that it wouldn't take terribly long before those sports were unsustainable financially without football gates. 

Some smart person better get to figuring it out. xD

8 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Well, I've heard it said that the pre-region games are just practice for Region anyway. Banneker shouldn't have been much of a problem for us at any rate, but, the hurt now is becoming lost revenues due to gate money not coming in. 

I won't pretend to understand how all of the funding for baseball and one act play are obtained, but, I would venture a guess that it wouldn't take terribly long before those sports were unsustainable financially without football gates. 

Y’all need a  @DarterBlue  if y’all Can afford his Retainer 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Even with this kids are going to do what they want.

1769946732_Screenshot_20200901-142030_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.b5cceb6c67ff144c30450fa576bdced0.jpg

32 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Even with this kids are going to do what they want.

1769946732_Screenshot_20200901-142030_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.b5cceb6c67ff144c30450fa576bdced0.jpg

I know they will, but, if they want to play football and have a season here, under the current administration's protocol, they're going to have to make some adjustments. 

I feel bad for them, and for the coach(es) as well. This administration brought them in under some wack circumstances to begin with, and now it appears to me that they are basically making them work with one hand behind their back while all the surrounding area teams are going at it with both hands, knuckles taped and all. 

10 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I know they will, but, if they want to play football and have a season here, under the current administration's protocol, they're going to have to make some adjustments. 

I feel bad for them, and for the coach(es) as well. This administration brought them in under some wack circumstances to begin with, and now it appears to me that they are basically making them work with one hand behind their back while all the surrounding area teams are going at it with both hands, knuckles taped and all. 

Sounds like your Superintendent is not a sports person and he wants to be the star of the school system. At some point the BOE will be forced to fire him or it may cost them their jobs. I guess the BOE is elected. 

44 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Sounds like your Superintendent is not a sports person and he wants to be the star of the school system. At some point the BOE will be forced to fire him or it may cost them their jobs. I guess the BOE is elected. 

BOE is elected. Word has it that the superintendent plans to retire after this year anyway. 

I have to say that, given the reason they fired Rush was supposed to be for the safety of the kids, then, this stuff is not out of line with that same thought process. It would be hypocritical to go lax on safety now after having fired the previous coach using that reasoning. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I know many people purchased their season ticket in advance, so there will be pesos from that initial donation. I know of others who have paid for their parking passes, etc. There will be no refunds issued in the event that home games or the entire season is cancelled.

Since we will not have to pay any refs, security, GHSA, etc out of the gate revenue. Then we should have money left over unless someone behind the scenes is drawing a paycheck. I don't think Uncle BS would stoop that low, however.