GA HSFB Scoreboard week 4

TheMaximumHornetSting

12 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Remember how I recalled the Grayson- Collins Hill game I saw last week? Any chance you can give us a summary on what you saw, how the game went etc. 

Ok, so this was an interesting game. Neither offense got going the entire first half, with both teams trading punts. However, on NG's first two drives, there were wide-open dropped TDs. The sucky QB surprisingly put the ball in the right place but both receivers let it fall through their hands. That killed any offensive momentum and the first half was simply a field position battle.

On Lovejoy's first drive of the second half, they drove down the field and scored on a 5-yard rushing TD. North Gwinnett answered with pick-six late in the third quarter to make it 7-6 (Lovejoy missed the extra point earlier). After many more punts, QB Ashton Wood for NG fumbled and Lovejoy recovered on the NG 41 at the start of the 4th quarter. One play later, they used a double-reverse play to rush 41 yds for the TD. They missed the 2-point conversion to make it 12-7.

On the next drive, NG attempted an ill-advised 54-yard field goal and *obviously* missed. Lovejoy kept the ball until 3:48 left in the 4th and failed to convert on a 4th down deep within Bulldog territory. There was hope for a comeback with 3 minutes left and the ball at the NG 5.

Two plays later, QB Ashton Wood threw a TERRIBLE pass and it got intercepted. On a third and goal from the 5, Lovejoy punched it in. With 1:09 left, North Gwinnett had no timeouts and no choice. QB Ashton Wood threw yet another interception to seal the game.

In total, Lovejoy recovered two fumbles and picked off two passes, along with good field position off two missed field goals. They played a very good game and the blame for North Gwinnett goes SQUARELY on the QB. He made terrible throws all night long, ending with 2 picks, 2 fumbles, and like 4 sacks. He probably had about 35 yards passing total because of overthrows and hospital passes. The NG defense played well but could only hold for so long. They even scored the only points of the night with a pick-six. The rushing offense for NG had potential, but it never fully materialized when NG went down by a score twice. Our backup QB is a 6'2", 175 lb guy named Ethan Washington who plays amazing. They let him sit behind Ashton. This was sheer overconfidence and poor offensive play by NG, plus great execution by Lovejoy after NG turnovers. They deserved to win that game because they played well and we sucked.

I told you all that our QB sucked. Now, the whole state of Georgia knows. Let it be known that HE caused our loss today. No if, ands, or buts about it.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Ok, so this was an interesting game. Neither offense got going the entire first half, with both teams trading punts. However, on NG's first two drives, there were wide-open dropped TDs. The sucky QB surprisingly put the ball in the right place but both receivers let it fall through their hands. That killed any offensive momentum and the first half was simply a field position battle.

I told you all that our QB sucked. Now, the whole state of Georgia knows. Let it be known that HE caused our loss today. No if, ands, or buts about it.

But you said the receivers dropped two in the first that killed drives.  Rarely is it a single person that wins a game and equally rarely is it a single person that loses a game.  Team effort both ways if you are objective about it.  Don't let your bias against the QB color your view of the game.

• Like 1

Just now, Fred said:

But you said the receivers dropped two in the first that killed drives.  Rarely is it a single person that wins a game and equally rarely is it a single person that loses a game.  Team effort both ways if you are objective about it.  Don't let your bias against the QB color your view of the game.

Those were the only 2 throws the QB made that were good all night. It's tough to support a QB who just cost us the game and went 3 for 12 last week. His turnovers lost us the game. His passes lost us the game. I'm tired of giving him benefit of the doubt. Now the entire city is calling for him to be out.

1 hour ago, FootballGuy said:

Valdosta is really missing Jake in this game. 

Jake would have struggled too. Just sayin'. Colquitt had good coverage most of the night. I wish he could have played so that talk wouldn't be there to be had. 

I guess since mommy hasn't been committed enough to move over we'll have to deal with the what ifs though.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Woodchopper said:

Leading reciever was the running back. They had Sanders, Sherman and Brown. WTF

Gotta have them open and with time enough for the qb to get the ball to them. 

Tajh was wearing a boot pregame though, so let the excuse thread have it. 

As an aside... Spoke with Joey Bennett before the game. He's actually offensive coordinator for a school over in Birmingham. I think he said Clay-Chalkville. Good shit. Liked seeing him and now I have to pull for them. 

• Like 1

Just now, FootballGuy said:

Was the defense keyed in on Tajh? I mean, what was up with him having no targets/catches tonight?

I think they did target him a few times across the middle. He may have had a catch too. I can't remember. Forgot his name and everything. :P

When the defense takes your single best player out of the game... 

10 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Jake would have struggled too. Just sayin'. Colquitt had good coverage most of the night. I wish he could have played so that talk wouldn't be there to be had. 

I guess since mommy hasn't been committed enough to move over we'll have to deal with the what ifs though.

I'm thinking that he woulda connected on those long balls that Amari overthrew. 

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think they did target him a few times across the middle. He may have had a catch too. I can't remember. Forgot his name and everything. :P

When the defense takes your single best player out of the game... 

If/when jake gets back, we'll see the chemistry he has with the trio compared to amari. Maybe Amari isn't ready just yet.....for this type of play. At the same time, Rush (being the play caller)has to do a better job of controlling the offense. Abandoned the run a little too much in my opinion.  

Just now, FootballGuy said:

If/when jake gets back, we'll see the chemistry he has with the trio compared to amari. Maybe Amari isn't ready just yet.....for this type of play. At the same time, Rush (being the play caller)has to do a better job of controlling the offense. Abandoned the run a little too much in my opinion.  

Idk. There was a heck of a struggle most of the night for both offenses. Colquitt finally found something with Xavier Williams keeping the ball and running in the middle. That opened the pass. After that Valdosta looked sluggish and the game momentum changed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Crisp County wore down ELCA because it was actually  14-14 until the last 6 minutes... 

ELCA winning 14-12 with under 6 minutes left in the game.

A fluke play was the turning point in the game that pretty much won Crisp the game. 

Was a dog fight for 90 percent of the game. The 4 turnovers by ELCA were super costly. 

• Like 1