Clemson 2020 freshman sensation transferring already

SJR 04

Well, I'm disappointed that he's doing this. The reviews from coaches at Clemson were positive throughout. It seems to me that he had second thoughts and wanted to get back down to Florida to play with several ex-teammates. He said this is because his grandfather who lived in Atlanta passed away, so he now feels "uncomfortable" being far from family. Florida has been killing it with transfers under Mullen. So, everyone is thinking he's headed straight there. Still, I don't like this kind of jumping around after so little time. To Bowman's credit, he never transferred in HS, playing for Lakeland from JV in 9th grade all the way through. 

4 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

Is this kid really that good ? I read he was way down on depth chart

Clemson has been giving carries to a lot of players in their 2 games so far, but the kid got 6 carries against Wake (Etienne got 17) and 3 against Citadel (Etienne got 8).

So I doubt playing time is an issue, as he's a true freshman and seems to be on the field a solid amount.

He's a kid, hopefully someone talks it over with him and helps him decide what it is he really wants to do - if it's a case of being homesick then I would hope he takes some more time to decide.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, badrouter said:

To Bowman's credit, he never transferred in HS, playing for Lakeland from JV in 9th grade all the way through. 

Ha, I'm not sure I'd give someone credit for NOT transferring from the top program in their area - when the other options are never good for more than a random year here or there.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, badrouter said:

Well, I'm disappointed that he's doing this. The reviews from coaches at Clemson were positive throughout. It seems to me that he had second thoughts and wanted to get back down to Florida to play with several ex-teammates. He said this is because his grandfather who lived in Atlanta passed away, so he now feels "uncomfortable" being far from family. Florida has been killing it with transfers under Mullen. So, everyone is thinking he's headed straight there. Still, I don't like this kind of jumping around after so little time. To Bowman's credit, he never transferred in HS, playing for Lakeland from JV in 9th grade all the way through. 

Good for him I would've left clemson after seeing dabo comments. Would've never went to that school.

2 hours ago, Ga96 said:

Good for him I would've left clemson after seeing dabo comments. Would've never went to that school.

That's a good point that often goes unmentioned.

Dabo and Gundy at OkSt. are pretty ignorant for the country in 2020 (they were ignorant and buffoons in 2000 too - it's more noticeable to more people now).

Kid could've gone anywhere and I get wanting to go to a winner but Dabo is one that often speaks with a few toes down his throat.

2 hours ago, DownSouth said:

That's a good point that often goes unmentioned.

Dabo and Gundy at OkSt. are pretty ignorant for the country in 2020 (they were ignorant and buffoons in 2000 too - it's more noticeable to more people now).

Kid could've gone anywhere and I get wanting to go to a winner but Dabo is one that often speaks with a few toes down his throat.

I'm against professionalizing amateur sports but the players do have real power to withhold their services on issues like this.

The Mississippi state flag issue was a good test on this. The black players finally had enough and threatened to not play for the state of Mississippi if the confederate flag wasn't removed the state flag.

Good for them.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ga96 said:

Of course. Why would you want to play for a top 3 football program in college football? His feelings are way more important than that.

SMH. How in the hell will we ever win another war should we have to?? Pussification of males is real y'all.

8 hours ago, DownSouth said:

Ha, I'm not sure I'd give someone credit for NOT transferring from the top program in their area - when the other options are never good for more than a random year here or there.

Any thought about  his EDUCATION, studies or grades ?? What classes does he participate in .??

2 hours ago, rockinl said:

Of course. Why would you want to play for a top 3 football program in college football? His feelings are way more important than that.

SMH. How in the hell will we ever win another war should we have to?? Pussification of males is real y'all.

As I said, I'm not a fan of this type of thing. But, in this day and age, there are numerous examples of players who transfer and then are mega stars at the new school. Justin Fields did something similar. I'm not sure this is "pussification" as much as it is a whimsical change of heart, based on no real loyalty towards a place.

40 minutes ago, badrouter said:

As I said, I'm not a fan of this type of thing. But, in this day and age, there are numerous examples of players who transfer and then are mega stars at the new school. Justin Fields did something similar. I'm not sure this is "pussification" as much as it is a whimsical change of heart, based on no real loyalty towards a place.

His grandfather died who was the main reason going to Clemson (lives in Atlanta or something) wanted him to go to his games apparently.   Anyways seems like he’s coming home.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

He wanted to come to Bama but would have been 5th or 6th string.

That's not bad though with Alabama. I figure this year and next year they'll be more run heavy than recent years due to the QB. Sometimes that's great being in a program like that saving your body from hits and having only 1 full season of contact before going to the nfl.