HSFB America first top 100 of 2020

Ga96

1 minute ago, Rufus69 said:

How can you take a poll seriously when they have a bunch of poor, tiny, little undersized and inexperienced Hawgs in their Top 50?

Add to that...they put Lowndes ahead of the Mighty Grayson Rams !!!!!

P-U-L-E-A-S-E !!!!!!

Rufus>>

I'm fine with both. Colquitt is great this year. State championship potential.

Interesting that their algorithm has so many teams ranked that haven't played a game yet.  I get that they are traditionally good but to rank them this high with no support when there are teams that have been playing for 4-7 weeks is ... interesting.  And no, this isn't based on teams that haven't played being ranked above mine.  It is just an observation.  There are a lot of 0-0 teams below mine as well.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, georgiagator1 said:

Yeah, dont see Lowndes at #3. Just my eyeball test as I have seen all their games. They are good, but they have a ways to go.

I had them number 2 in GA and tail end of top 10 nationally but then again that was with several key states not having football until spring so it did mean some teams were placed higher by default

Lowndes is a Great GA team but #3 nationally is a huge reach 

11 hours ago, ngdawg said:

North Shore over IMG? Lowndes at 3? Uhh...

IMG is beatable, they are loaded in talent but lazy so I do think there are usually at least 10 teams each year capable of beating them 

That doesn't mean those 10 teams will all play them or actually beat them on the field but there are at least 10 capable of doing so

4 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

IMG is beatable, they are loaded in talent but lazy so I do think there are usually at least 10 teams each year capable of beating them 

That doesn't mean those 10 teams will all play them or actually beat them on the field but there are at least 10 capable of doing so

10 teams can beat IMG? That's bold.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, georgiagator1 said:

Yeah, dont see Lowndes at #3. Just my eyeball test as I have seen all their games. They are good, but they have a ways to go.

Not saying I agree with this ranking, but, everyone else has a ways to go also.  

Tough to make a ranking right now to be honest. As has been pointed out, these things are all over the place worse than ever. They're still ranking teams on strenght of schedule,, potential, talent and recent history, against teams that have played several games already. 

Any effort at ranking right now is about like planning a schedule. A shot in the dark. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ngdawg said:

10 teams can beat IMG? That's bold.

Once you start talking about these top 25 national level teams there are teams who have more than enough talent to beat any team if they have good coaching

Could IMG also beat these same 10 teams, sure but I'm very convinced there will always be teams each year capable of beating them because talent isn't everything and IMG relies too much on their talent to carry them

• Like 1

In terms of Florida teams in the poll here is my thoughts

I would have flipped IMG and STA but both are top 5 so that's good enough

Same with flipping Central and Northwestern but the national placement looks about right for them

AHP a little high nationally but the state placement is about right

Lakeland, Venice and Edgewater probably have a case for being ranked but they a bit higher than I would have them

Chaminade a bit high nationally but probably about right placement state wise

Miami palmetto a bit low, would have them higher

Saw a few other FL teams listed, I liked the Rockledge placement 

Cocoa, Apopka and Cardinal Gibbons probably deserve to be ranked though I would have Gibbons a bit higher 

Overall not bad for FL, some things I would do differently but compared to what I saw from maxpreps even a few weeks ago this is drastically better 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

He has been a guest here. Please he does indeed lurk. Just a reminder that his poll is an algorithm. It’s only as good as the info that’s input. 

Thanks  your input would be worthless, could you imagine the poll?

Question who’s number 1?

Scientologists or BS? With LCA or whatever filling out top 5.

With your input that would be it....

bgw

All these list are good for is comedy. Goes to show you how lame the idea of a MNC really is.

Rockwall at no 37 is a really bad look for the rest of the country 🤣🤣🤣

We won't know how good Westlake is until the end of November. They traditionally beat up on trash opponents (except Lake Travis) till deep into the playoffs. Don't know why this dudes likes SLC better than Duncanville, either.

• Like 1