No one said it was O.K. 

Were the dog attacks O.K.?

Fire hoses?  

Lynching?

Bombing churches? 

Dragging behind cars?

Selling family members?

Raping little girls?

Oh I see where this is going. You just can't let go of your embarrassing past. IMO you are a flat out racist because that's what everything boils down to with you. Sickening.

28 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

At some point, as the number of people being murdered grows and the years and decades go by and nothing changes, you might start a fire too.  Its a matter of accountability that if police murder an innocent person, the police should go to prison.  If you can't do the job without murdering innocent people you shouldn't do the job.   Or if your so fearful of anybody black that your first reaction is to shoot, your not a good fit for the job.  Is that unreasonable?  

You have some deep seeded anger towards this country and some serious racial problems.

Just now, Sportsnut said:

Yes. Now there are just straight out shooting us down. 

Really?

If "there" refers to other blacks, then you have the basis for an argument.

If you are referring to the police, then the numbers are tiny. White police maybe? Tinier still. 

If you want a sympathetic ear from folks who don't care about the actual facts and statistics, you've come to the wrong place.

I seek no sympathy. I also know the level of knowledge of our history is below par here. I also know that no one on the other side of this conversation cares. However, that does not make my concerns any less valid or important. 

So, who is "shooting you down"?

Regale us with the facts.

Try to stay in this millennium.

5 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

I seek no sympathy. I also know the level of knowledge of our history is below par here. I also know that no one on the other side of this conversation cares. However, that does not make my concerns any less valid or important. 

Oh yea, the typical blame game. You are one sick individual.

5 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

I have you figured out. When you have no answer, you degrade. 

When given the truth, you try to find another way to make you look good.

Not going to help you here. 

No answer? xD

YOU were asked to back up your BS.

Now you're just waving around your jazz hands.

Hilarious.

3 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

You can't run me away. I never run. Haven't you noticed that yet? As shocking as it is to see a grown man with the attitude of a child still wet behind the ears is remarkable. At that cursing stage again. I know, you can't help it. Just comes naturally. 

So who is it that is gunning you down? What are the facts and stats?

Queue the jazz hands, shucking and jiving...

You must be able to admit failure. I know it is hard but you must try. 

Run where?

Not folded yet. Still standing giving you all you want and more if you stay. I will try and keep it clean as to not hurt your feelings. 

OK.

Sportsnut:

Race card thrower? CHECK

Intellectual coward?  CHECK

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

If white people are not looking for changes in policing, then how do you explain the numerous changes in approach to policing over the years? We are in the middle of a shift towards community policing in order to build people's trust (mainly in minority communities) of the police.

I think some white people are looking for changes in policing. I also think that a vast majority appear to be perfectly ok with what we have now. 

I'll admit to being a bit of a victim of living in my own bubble and applying my experiences in there to my opinions, but, in general, the white people I know really don't seem to think there is a problem with policing. They in general, have the same attitude as some on here appear to have... The good ol', "don't act a certain way, bend over for the slave patrol and really kiss their ass good and then you will have positive experiences with the cops". That's not how it should be though. Like I said somewhere else in here, just because a cop drives a car with flashy lights on it, and wears a uniform and badge, does not mean he automatically deserves respect. The person wearing the badge has to earn the respect their own self. For some folks, even the institution of policing doesn't automatically deserve respect either, and if we become educated on the reasons why this is true then we can begin moving the right direction. 

Reading along on here, I get the idea that some folks get their idea of the history of policing off of old spaghetti westerns or something. 

Considering that the modern police were basically derived from slave patrols, and since we now know that the slaves were freed and now enjoy all of the same freedoms as everyone else... Why in the hell would any reasonable person be convinced that African-Americans should just automatically respect the police? If the police were also taught the truth about their origins in this country, and not some bull about the badge being akin to the knights templar or whatever the hell they are being taught that makes them appear to automatically expect and/or demand respect, maybe they would have a fresh understanding as they move through African-American neighborhoods themselves. 

Putting cops through sensitivity training is probably bullshit, unless they are being taught the history of their origins so they can better understand why some people aren't prone to immediately respecting them. 

I admit we are seeing some decent movement on policing in some areas, like training them on how to better deal with mentally ill etc. but at the same time, I see them carving away more and more of our fourth amendment freedoms and militarizing the police forces, which looks to be more of an escalation in the same old policing rather than easing over to community policing. 

I'm not personally satisfied that community policing will solve the issue either but it seems to be at least a drift in a better direction.

When we look at the incarceration statistics or the racial make-up of our prison population, what do we think? I'm sure white people think something totally different from African-Americans on this topic right? I mean, in general, white people are thinking that the majority of crime is happening in black neighborhoods therefore there should be the disparity in the population of the prisons right? It probably has nothing at all to do with the origins of policing as a whole and how little policing strategies have changed fundamentally over time in the minds of most. 

We see African-Americans say this is how it is, but we can't wrap our heads around it. We think of the original cops being gunslinging Texas Rangers and U.S. Marshals chasing Billy the Kid across the country rather than men with lanterns, whips, dogs and chains chasing escaped slaves through the woods of the south. Time can't heal that as long as we still see it that way and the cops are still patrolling the black neighborhoods more than white neighborhoods, and stopping African-Americans more on average in the white neighborhoods that they already patrol less. 

1 hour ago, 181pl said:

Libs are freakin' clueless. One of the most left wing propaganda BS publication out there fires 3 top journalists for participating in a witch hunt.  They'll just blame our President somehow. Totally laughable.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blueliner said:

Libs are freakin' clueless. One of the most left wing propaganda BS publication out there fires 3 top journalists for participating in a witch hunt.  They'll just blame our President somehow. Totally laughable.

Isn't that hilarious? It's Trumps fault that cnn lied about Trump. He made them do it. My stomach hurts from laughing so much. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

And you couldn't be more wrong.  That is pretty ironic coming from you. 

Everything with you is about race. You are condoning violence and looting and hatred but I'm wrong. Really. You have some issues that are out in the open on this board. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Sportsnut said:

I have you figured out. When you have no answer, you degrade. 

When given the truth, you try to find another way to make you look good.

Not going to help you here. 

Heres some more truth for ya... 

http://www.capradio.org/articles/2017/06/27/reports-officer-shot-on-watt,-interstate-80/

Another officer shot, this on in the face, in Sacramento area. Guess he didn't have this scums "respect". 

2 hours ago, aZjimbo said:

Everything with you is about race. You are condoning violence and looting and hatred but I'm wrong. Really. You have some issues that are out in the open on this board. 

Ok if you say so.  Just for the hell of it, which statement by me informed you that I am a racist?  By your thinking you must be condoning murder by the police.  Is that your position? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

Perils in the choice of employment. As a cop, you know where you stand and this could be your future. As a civilian, this you do not expect. Walking down the street and to be killed by a cop is not the same. 

I don't know why I'm going to engage in this but this one got me. Question in that split second that officer has to make that determination if this is a civilian acting up or a bad guy attempting to blow his head off!! Not an easy job. 99% of cops want to do their job and get home safe to their families. Your statement above statistically is baseless but I'm not going to get into the #'s. 

• Like 1