Who should get the COVID-19 vaccine first?

KoolingGrew

It seems like quite a few companies around the world are making some progress in making a COVID-19 vaccine. But once it is discovered and proven to be safe, the manufacturing of it will take time to vaccinate most of us.

So, which country should get it first? It seems to me that poor nations should receive it first, nations where large swaths of the population need to work daily to ensure food is on the table. But that means those in richer countries will have to suffer a little longer and may require their governments to take on more debt to feed the nation. There is also some logic that the company that discovers the vaccine first provides it for their own people, but based on that logic the chances are it will be the big rich nations.

Or should it be distributed equally in some methodology, countries that continue to see high rates of new infections, or countries where healthcare systems are stumbling? What do you think?

12 hours ago, KoolingGrew said:

It seems like quite a few companies around the world are making some progress in making a COVID-19 vaccine. But once it is discovered and proven to be safe, the manufacturing of it will take time to vaccinate most of us.

So, which country should get it first? It seems to me that poor nations should receive it first, nations where large swaths of the population need to work daily to ensure food is on the table. But that means those in richer countries will have to suffer a little longer and may require their governments to take on more debt to feed the nation. There is also some logic that the company that discovers the vaccine first provides it for their own people, but based on that logic the chances are it will be the big rich nations.

Or should it be distributed equally in some methodology, countries that continue to see high rates of new infections, or countries where healthcare systems are stumbling? What do you think?

Nothing to worry or fret...

It will all work itself out quite nicely.

Those on the left who think everyone should get it, can get it first and have the honors...

Those on the right don't want it anyway, so they will not object to not being first.

see? no worries...

👍

PS:  The countries that get it first, will be the ones that make it first 👌

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KoolingGrew said:

The countries hit the hardest should get it first 

• 3 weeks later...

I probably will not get the vaccine until I'm forced to... Then I'll be forced to get a chip implant so I become a number in the system if I live long enough. Social Security Numbers inmeded in the flesh in a chip. What next you may ask... How about Social Status (or 1%ters) and YOUR children will be the ones that become the slaves of the 1%. Higher education will be for those that can buy their way in. Political offices will be pay to play. If you make it to the top you will still owe someone.   

• Like 1