Building log cabin

ChimpGrip

41 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Abe Lincoln over here , no one likes rustic, it’s all about Modern

why the hell would you want to get a log cabin, prolly can’t even get WiFi 

C’mon man lol cabins are cozy. Especially if you’re out there in the winter time. Sitting behind a fire inside drinking hot coffee and watching LT football highlights

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

All I know is if we’re looting , I’m going after Cabelas first, fuck target 🎯,

Now that most of the guns and ammo are sold out, it’s a low risk loot.  Plus they don’t carry basketball shoes so it wouldn’t be so hectic.  You could do your free shopping in peace.

1 hour ago, ChimpGrip said:

Would a 50,000 sq ft log cabin be feasible if built out west in Utah? Or far too impractical?

You might want to downsize by a factor of about 10.  5k Sqft is huge and doable.    

You will have to maintain and keep livable whatever is built. 

50k sqft and you  just sound like an idiot (because you would be one) unless you where warehousing something lolol

😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

50,000 sq ft... indoor pool would fit no problem. 

Throw in a water slide and a hella hot tub and shit ton of fireplaces, sky lights out the ass for star gazing. 

Helluva kitchen with fireplace big enough to cook and throw whole trees in. 

Solar panels, propane generator, generate your own wifi/internet... not sure how that works tried looked that up as far as off grid. Satellite sucks at 25 mps. 

Get stupid crazy with 50,000 square feet. 

bgw

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

50,000 sq ft... indoor pool would fit no problem. 

Throw in a water slide and a hella hot tub and shit ton of fireplaces, sky lights out the ass for star gazing. 

Helluva kitchen with fireplace big enough to cook and throw whole trees in. 

Solar panels, propane generator, generate your own wifi/internet... not sure how that works tried looked that up as far as off grid. Satellite sucks at 25 mps. 

Get stupid crazy with 50,000 square feet. 

bgw

Don't be silly....

you couldn't even keep 10k clean.

would be garbage in a month

I've lived in 7k and downsized to ~3k (with 5 outbuildings lol) and there is a certain point, no matter how rich, where you are just fucking yourself, thinking everyone else is impressed, when they are really just laughing at the stupidity...

crazy stupid is right 🤣 so I'm pretty sure you already get it.  LOL   

8 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

Would a 50,000 sq ft log cabin be feasible if built out west in Utah? Or far too impractical?

50,000...dude, do you have any idea how insanely massive that is?

Most wood cabins are like 500 - 3000 square feet.

50,000 is a damn industrial warehouse  lol.

A 1500 sq. ft. cabin in Utah is doable, common, and not too expensive depending on where you buy land (Kanab, 30 minutes away from Zion has great plots of land for great prices, the northern part of the state outside of Salt Lake and Provo is more expensive).

On 11/13/2020 at 10:02 PM, DownSouth said:

50,000...dude, do you have any idea how insanely massive that is?

Most wood cabins are like 500 - 3000 square feet.

50,000 is a damn industrial warehouse  lol.

A 1500 sq. ft. cabin in Utah is doable, common, and not too expensive depending on where you buy land (Kanab, 30 minutes away from Zion has great plots of land for great prices, the northern part of the state outside of Salt Lake and Provo is more expensive).

I got the idea of such a square footage because a picture I saw of a log home (not even a "cabin" anymore at that size) that I swore said "50,000 sq ft" or something near that in size. Will look to find it.

I would like a 1,500 sq ft cabin out in Utah though. I always said I would want one of a smaller size (of the aforementioned square footage) and one that's much bigger... something closer to Mitt Romney's log home in Park City.

On 11/15/2020 at 10:40 AM, ChimpGrip said:

I got the idea of such a square footage because a picture I saw of a log home (not even a "cabin" anymore at that size) that I swore said "50,000 sq ft" or something near that in size. Will look to find it.

I would like a 1,500 sq ft cabin out in Utah though. I always said I would want one of a smaller size (of the aforementioned square footage) and one that's much bigger... something closer to Mitt Romney's log home in Park City.

Here's the lodge from a ranch in Montana used as the family home in the TV series Yellowstone. It's only 6,000 sq ft. Why even bother with something less than 50,000?

02B54E32-0236-46DE-AFBC-75E9BD60E584.jpe

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, maxchoboian said:

Here's the lodge from a ranch in Montana used as the family home in the TV series Yellowstone. It's only 6,000 sq ft. Why even bother with something less than 50,000?

Why??? Do you know how many bare foot Asian broads you could pack into 50k square foot cabin. Do You even creepy fetish bro 🤣🤣? C’mon man 😂.

11 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

Lol! I actually like that one. You can’t go wrong building a cabin in any of those stages... Wyoming is a beautiful place too.