Andy Anders Leaves The Tift County Blue Devils

Rufus69

6 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

They've been running through some coaches over there. 

Evidently its not an ideal place to work as a football coach, because as we saw, Coach Reid left and is doing pretty well in the bush leagues of Rome but had a struggle at Tift. 

Best of luck to Ashley Anders. 

Tift County problems run deep... 

The BOE likes to tell the coach how to do his job... they also don't wanna pay for a good coach... and Parents with money want to play backseat coach as well... everyone knows how to coach except the coach... 

Partially  why Jay Walls left and went to Navarre Florida... 

Its why John Reid left 

From  my understanding  Gene Brodie didn't play the fool to well... and he had a backbone and wasn't afraid  to tell the BOE or backseat coaches where they could go.... 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Tift County problems run deep... 

The BOE likes to tell the coach how to do his job... they also don't wanna pay for a good coach... and Parents with money want to play backseat coach as well... everyone knows how to coach except the coach... 

Partially  why Jay Walls left and went to Navarre Florida... 

Its why John Reid left 

From  my understanding  Gene Brodie didn't play the fool to well... and he had a backbone and wasn't afraid  to tell the BOE or backseat coaches where they could go.... 

Its crazy because there have been some pretty talented teams there and its a shame how this is replayed year after year. 

1 hour ago, Pack45 said:

Everyone remembers Brodie’s glory days but if you look at his record at Tift he had more mediocre teams than good teams. Just shows you how tough it is to win there . He was a heck of a coach 

Tift County needs help... but Money speaks louder than common sense in Tifton.... 

It doesn't  matter if Urban Meyer or Bill belichek came to coach Tift County. Paul Bryant could come out the grave tomorrow  and take the HC position  at Tift County  and  it wouldn't  matter because  "Mommy and Daddy" ball is a problem.... 

There also needs to be more discipline  and some form of system to help adjust the Rec,Elementary and MS players to the HS system. There is none of that....

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pack45 said:

Everyone remembers Brodie’s glory days but if you look at his record at Tift he had more mediocre teams than good teams. Just shows you how tough it is to win there . He was a heck of a coach 

Gene Brodie didn't have a championship  caliber team every year. But one thing he did have was a Foundation,A system in place to get the best out of what he had. 

• Like 1

Now a days boosters and parents don't wanna help unless their kid plays.... 

I dont have kids but I can understand  that every parent  probably  wants to see their kid play,score,kick a FG,etc. 

But the reality is not everyone can start. 

Not everyone is a Star athlete. 

Support your kid yes but also understand  that there might be someone  better on the team than your kid...  

Unfortunately  in Tift County parents think if they pay then their kid should be a starter no matter what.... 

Or they stop giving money.... 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Now a days boosters and parents don't wanna help unless their kid plays.... 

I dont have kids but I can understand  that every parent  probably  wants to see their kid play,score,kick a FG,etc. 

But the reality is not everyone can start. 

Not everyone is a Star athlete. 

Support your kid yes but also understand  that there might be someone  better on the team than your kid...  

Unfortunately  in Tift County parents think if they pay then their kid should be a starter no matter what.... 

Or they stop giving money.... 

You don't know what you're talking about.

All Grayson has is...STAR athletes.

Rufus>>

39 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

He dont wanna be there... if he couldn't keep his cool in Florida... Tift County is gonna make him go insane... 

Eh, he'll whoop their bitches into shape with one hand and curse out the AD and Super while choking a team dad with the other hand. The ultimate multi-tasker. Maybe that's exactly what Tift needs. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Eh, he'll whoop their bitches into shape with one hand and curse out the AD and Super while choking a team dad with the other hand. The ultimate multi-tasker. Maybe that's exactly what Tift needs. 

Like I said earlier Tift County needs another Gene Brodie 

But the question is do they want another Gene Brodie.... 

I mean look I wasnt around when he was coaching all I know is what the teachers,Coaches and former athletes told us... 

Like I said earlier they said Gene was respected,He didn't take no shit from the BOE or parents. 

They told us he did his job well. He had a system in place with the lower grades and Rec.  And as far as mommy and daddy ball went he didn't tolerate that shit. 

Jay Walls might have been the 2nd best coach Tift County had after Gene but he went back to Florida. 

John Reid wasn't moving fast enough for people.... I was at Tift County High for most of his tenure... he was making progress but slowly and they wanted results overnight basically...

Impatient bunch in Tifton... 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Like I said earlier Tift County needs another Gene Brodie 

But the question is do they want another Gene Brodie.... 

I mean look I wasnt around when he was coaching all I know is what the teachers,Coaches and former athletes told us... 

Like I said earlier they said Gene was respected,He didn't take no shit from the BOE or parents. 

They told us he did his job well. He had a system in place with the lower grades and Rec.  And as far as mommy and daddy ball went he didn't tolerate that shit. 

Jay Walls might have been the 2nd best coach Tift County had after Gene but he went back to Florida. 

John Reid wasn't moving fast enough for people.... I was at Tift County High for most of his tenure... he was making progress but slowly and they wanted results overnight basically...

Impatient bunch in Tifton... 

Jason Strickland to Tift County....

If they're smart...and there's NO indication that they are.

Rufus>>

• Like 1