Ohio State opens at -30 over Michigan Answer this Buford and Atticus

HooverOutlaw

29 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

He actually has advance the ball as his record indicates.

English is apparently a challenge for you, Andy.

That he is not as bad as the last couple of guys can certainly be argued. "Has advanced". Past tense. I said "is not advancing".

Coaches - certainly great ones - have a reasonable expectation of improvement during their tenure.

Harbaugh, with the players he inherited, went 20-6  (77%) in his first two years. In the subsequent four seasons he is 29-16 (64%) and is expected to be at 29-17 assuming The Game happens on Saturday.

Dropping your winning percentage as you go along is not "advancing", Andy.

And lets recognize that in addition to his declining performance, over the last 5 seasons he's tied at 20th in the FBS in wins versus teams with winning records and is not even on the board in his first five seasons as regards so-called "elite" wins. Obviously, barring a huge surprise on Saturday he won't be improving results as he finishes year six.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

When they're better than Ohio State is when it should be expected.

But isn’t he responsible for making them better? If not, who is? Is that not part of coaching? If not, what is?

You move the bar to fit your narrative with every discussion you have. You’d make a helluva wife. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

But isn’t he responsible for making them better? If not, who is? Is that not part of coaching? If not, what is?

You move the bar to fit your narrative with every discussion you have. You’d make a helluva wife. 

In Andy's tiny mind, not being as bad as the last two (bad) guys and not having having conclusively deteriorated to their level (yet) is a sign of a great coach.

17 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

I can assure you that the only people moving goalposts are you goofballs.

I've been saying the same exact thing for three weeks and you jokers have been dancing around with records against one team and other such stuff.

1 hour ago, Atticus Finch said:

Why would there be a time limit on beating on opponent?

Indiana is an opponent......

Michigan/Ohio St is a Top 5 College football rivalry..

3. Michigan-Ohio State (Michigan, 58-51-6)

Some think the story is a tall tale, but others swear it's true. After his Ohio State team scored its final touchdown late in a 50-14 rout of Michigan at the end of the 1968 season, Buckeyes coach Woody Hayes elected to go for two points, instead of kicking the PAT. When asked afterward why he did that, Hayes reportedly said, "Because they ­wouldn't let me go for three." Hayes' hatred for "that team up north," as he referred to Michigan, was legendary. Rest assured that Wolverine fans harbor no affection for the Buckeyes, either. The schools have met every year but five (1913-17) since 1900 — the teams' first game was in 1897 — and their contests have become appointment viewing for much of the country, late in November, usually under gun-metal gray skies with a hint of winter in the air. More important, Big Ten supremacy is usually at stake, especially since Bo Schembechler took over in Ann Arbor in 1969 to turn the U-M fortunes around and provide an irascible counterbalance to the cantankerous Hayes. Since that point, Michigan-Ohio State has been the nation's most consistently competitive and heated rivalry. Because the games have so much significance and occur at season's end, a loss can be doubly haunting. Not only does the vanquished team lose to a hated foe, but its season can be destroyed also. There may be games that match these schools' animosity for each other, and there may be contests that are as consistently important. But none combines the two into such a volatile package. This rivalry has some extra punch since 2015 with the arrival of Jim Harbaugh as Michigan's coach, although he's still looking for his first win in the series as Ohio State has won the past eight meetings.

Related: The Game — 10 Interesting Facts About the Michigan vs. Ohio State College Football Rivalry

35 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

So now the standard is that they always have to be getting better.

Cool.

So in AndyLand, a "great" coach just needs to show up, do better than the couple of bad guys before him, and not worry about continuing to move forward or winning titles? He can even show decline as he moves along?

That must be the leftist participation trophy definition of great.

🤡

39 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

I can assure you that the only people moving goalposts are you goofballs.

I've been saying the same exact thing for three weeks and you jokers have been dancing around with records against one team and other such stuff.

The addition of evidence to disprove dumbassery is not moving the goalposts, Andy.

27 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Harbaugh is 100% at fault because this game being cancelled.

It is what is.

I hope Harbaugh is around next year. And the next....

Right now, I want a Buckeyes game to watch on Saturday.

Indiana is now available.

If the B1G has any integrity it will make sure this game happens.

If the Hoosiers want to compete for a B1G title then they can show they belong there.

Time to nut up.

1 hour ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

I don’t know where Hoover got the idea I said Harbaugh is numero uno. 

I posted 70% and bringing program around from where it was deserves merit. 

Harbie is on the hot seat nevertheless. Problems in just about every facet of the program. 

Must be that time of the month in Hooverville.

bgw

You and Atticus defend him like he better than Saban, Urban Meyer and Bear Bryant combined.  You acted like he did this once in a lifetime deal winning 10 games at Michigan.  Just admit you were wrong if you don't I will. 

• Haha 1

Just now, HooverOutlaw said:

You and Atticus defend him like he better than Saban, Urban Meyer and Bear Bryant combined.  You acted like he did this once in a lifetime deal winning 10 games at Michigan.  Just admit you were wrong if you don't I will. 

I’ll own up everytime but you’re full of shit if I posted that. 

We’re talking volcanic eruptions of shit from you Hoovy. 

bgw